Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2017, 02:50 AM   #11941
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Last 2 nights was getting the pouty look from the shy Discus, so finally got around to dishing out the Beef heart defrosted cubes for all the fish.

Told her I will try harder not to miss the "every other day" scheduled food deal we made at the beginning... Darn fish. Getting bossed around by a fish!!! Sheesh.

She looks so much happier now...

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #11942
Aquarium Advice Regular

I made some repashy.

BettaPonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #11943
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Last 2 nights was getting the pouty look from the shy Discus, so finally got around to dishing out the Beef heart defrosted cubes for all the fish.

Told her I will try harder not to miss the "every other day" scheduled food deal we made at the beginning... Darn fish. Getting bossed around by a fish!!! Sheesh.

She looks so much happier now...

Big eyed pouty fish lips are impossible to say no to. That's even worse that the frantic swimming like I'm starving tactic.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #11944
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Big eyed pouty fish lips are impossible to say no to. That's even worse that the frantic swimming like I'm starving tactic.
She just sits at the corner of the tank hauntingly staring...Pond is now covered in plants, mostly Duck Weed hahaha. Need to do maintenance this weekend. Also want to find a home for a few fish to locals and just can't seem to get fish people, fear un-aware people on CL.

Also I need to rehome about 10 of 15 young Platties.

And I am on the edge - leaning to rehoming the egg laying pair of Koi Angels too. Maybe someone else will have time for their ever loving egg laying adventures. They are laying eggs again. I can see the careful leaf cleaning & preparation.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 07-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #11945
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I've had good luck with Craigslist. I rehomed my Denison's last year. I charged the same price as the fish store but my fish were 3x as big. eBay has also been great for me.

I find that if people have no idea what they are doing, they go to the big box store to buy. Or they look for freebies. If they are a seasoned fish person they are willing to pay a bit or trade for something they want.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #11946
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
I've had good luck with Craigslist. I rehomed my Denison's last year. I charged the same price as the fish store but my fish were 3x as big. eBay has also been great for me.

I find that if people have no idea what they are doing, they go to the big box store to buy. Or they look for freebies. If they are a seasoned fish person they are willing to pay a bit or trade for something they want.
Good point maybe this next week I will get some pics and post them. To busy atm.

```
Watching the egg laying, cleaning and fertilizing of the Koi Angels eggs right this minute.

Moved some snail eggs into the pond. Fish seem to be settling in and no further deaths for 2 weeks now. I was really at the giving up stage. Tryng to recall what on earth I did with the other pond pump. Haven't used it for around 3 years now and it wasn't in the shed... It seems the Rosy Minnows would like faster moving water.

Half way through summer!!! Wondering if I will ever see any fry.

Doing water changes and wiping the glass and inside rims today. Found some gunky food build up last night on the 72G, so a good reminder to wipe inside once in a while. It's been awhile.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #11947
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Just did my maintenance on my "big" tank. A whole 29g. This week includes my canister clean out and hoses. Tossing out sponges full with BB feels like sacrilege. But they are at that point where it is time. Asking my hubbie to inspect hose connections so I save my self for leaking. Lol
Old 07-09-2017, 12:18 AM   #11948
Aquarium Advice Regular

Today I did a 10% water change for Mr. Sunshine, although he really doesn't need it. I emptied the 5 or so gallons of water with low levels of ammonia, nitrite, and nirate from his 55 gallon, and put them into the fishless 10 gallon that still needs cycling. I figure the added ammonia will be helpful.

I started feeling liberal about the 10 gallon tank today...
(especially seeing as there's no fish in it.)

I poured in an old bottle of tetrafin bacteria that my land lord hard given me, but in two piece of drift wood that I had gotten free with my Craigslist tank, and tested the two heaters I got in the same way...

I'm hoping the added heat will help bacteria grow, along with the old bottled bacteria that I hope isn't bad.

In a bucket, I'd seen the wood release tannins and become tea-like... we'll see what happens now. Driftwood is too expensive for me to buy, but I love love love love LOVE the look... I'd love to utilize these two pieces...

I also went with my bf to the fish store to stare at sunburst platys, and wag tail sunbursts... I love them, and picture them in this 10 gallon
Old 07-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #11949
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Set up the 10G again as a platy-raising nursery and added a sponge filter to complement the AC20. Should be enough filtration (along with water changes) for a tank overcrowded with platys. I've decided to get rid of them all via re-homing to the LFS. I simply don't have the room to play platy-rancher.

Also fixed one problem with the new CO2 system on the 20-long, only to find another. However, I think I'm already seeing pearling and accelerated plant growth.

Also finally made my own fish food: I had a sample of Dr. Tim's BeneFishAl food via My Aquarium Box, so decided to give it a try. We'll seed how the fish like it.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #11950
Aquarium Advice Addict

I rebuilt our Spec after a mystery die-off. I put an airstone in thinking a lack of oxygen may have been a contributing factor, but the pump is insanely loud.

After being away from home for a few days, I'm looking forward to doing some gardening this afternoon.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com