Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #11971
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
Use Safe instead of Prime. Much less expensive.
Is the only difference that it's a dry powder that needs to be mixed? I was curious.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #11972
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipops View Post
Is the only difference that it's a dry powder that needs to be mixed? I was curious.
It doesn't deal with heavy metals, but otherwise, yes. I usually just add powder to the water I'm treating.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #11973
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
I'm a busy busy fish Mama....

I don't feel ready to take on a planted tank, but for now, my goldie has an interesting world to live in! which makes me very happy

Attachment 301458
Looks lovely and that fish is huge. Lol
Old 07-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #11974
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I did a 60% water change and rescaped my tank with new silk plants! While I love planted tanks, I'm only doing floating plants until I can upgrade my lights. In the meantime, there are plenty of hiding places for my amano shrimp, guppies, and rams.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170714_152647077.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	301489Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170714_153115_042.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	301490
Old 07-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #11975
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC and vacuum on the Nursery today.

The LFS guy who swore he would buy all my snails bailed on me. No problem, I had another guy waiting in the wings. Lol.

I'll tackle the canister tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #11976
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yesterday I cleaned the filter out on the 29 yesterday. Just pulled the media tray out, placed it in a bucket of tank water, dumped the gunk out of the filter, rinsed out with tank water, placed the media back in, and got it back running on the tank. Ended up doing about a 15% pwc so I could use the tank water for the media.

This evening I will install the new Nicrew led light and Versatop on my 10 gallon. Might make up some root tabs to use and transfer some trimmings from the 29 to the 10. All I need on my 10 is the heater and filter. Still up in the air on them.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:02 AM   #11977
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Glad to hear things turned out alright so far!!!
Thank you - It seems my cute fish - staring at me to feed her in the SW nano is still doing fine and that it seems most things are fine. My Rock Flower Anemone move farther away from the light again and I am concerned, but it has done this before and then eventually moved back closer. I do not see two Anemone shrimp, but in the past they also have hidden well and later been seen.

Fed all.

Found a 6.6G Edge tank- Glass only looks like this one but clean though I would say good condition has a big scratch across the back and just a couple small ones shouldn't be a big deal - no filter, the pic is a previous one I used as a project, just as a point of reference.
At the Goodwill for $6

A couple ideas are to do an Iwagami inspired layout - I have previously purchased about 7-8 Seiryu on visits to a couple different places. Might also de-rim it by taking the top off with a razor blade. Had one previously someone else de-rimmed but it got broken.

Still have my new substrate I got from the Aquatic Gardeners Assoc. Convention, (and give a report on how much ammonia it produces.)

Still have 2 healthy Tissue Cultured tent bags of DHG. Plus the one I am growing in the starbucks cup with the lid on it is growing like mad after a kinda slow start. One blade at the side looks 5 inches long!

Btw, the one dwarf baby tears in the vase died after getting submerged and didn't probably get enough light. DBT also died out except one thin strand in the potted plant container.

This brings me to the search for a long sofa style table which the one I wanted was gone. Found a different one I like, but it is pretty far away like one hour each way. Will scour around for a different option.

The importance of it is the space I need for all these smallish projects to have a solid spot with some good lighting over top. Right now they are sitting at a glass door under a deck so they don't get as much light as they would be needing.

Have been too busy to make any progress on finding homes for the extra fish to this point.

Angel babies are hanging off a leaf in a little cluster and some are dropping off and swimming. I will see how they are in the morning.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #11978
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Autumnsky $6 is a steal! Great find. Our Costco has gotten all of their furniture for fall in and some of the consoles are pretty darn nice.

Today I did my canister clean on the Nursery. Not too bad! Spotted the one shrimp lurking. So he's survived a day.

Delivered 43 snails to a LFS, they bought us a really nice lunch at Bettes Oceanview Diner(the best).

It was time to tear down Red's 30l Biorb (2x a year) and clean the undergravel sponges and rinse the substrate. It's still clearing up but a feel it's better off for the effort.

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	301537

Name:	IMG_0917.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	301538
Old 07-16-2017, 02:15 AM   #11979
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsOddi View Post
I did a 60% water change and rescaped my tank with new silk plants! While I love planted tanks, I'm only doing floating plants until I can upgrade my lights. In the meantime, there are plenty of hiding places for my amano shrimp, guppies, and rams.
Silk plants are very nice! Perfect for bettas if you can't find what you want in live plants.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:34 AM   #11980
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Autumnsky $6 is a steal! Great find. Our Costco has gotten all of their furniture for fall in and some of the consoles are pretty darn nice.

Today I did my canister clean on the Nursery. Not too bad! Spotted the one shrimp lurking. So he's survived a day.

Delivered 43 snails to a LFS, they bought us a really nice lunch at Bettes Oceanview Diner(the best).

It was time to tear down Red's 30l Biorb (2x a year) and clean the undergravel sponges and rinse the substrate. It's still clearing up but a feel it's better off for the effort.

Attachment 301537
Attachment 301538
That is great news to be able to sell off some products of your (and the snails) hard work

Darn that good deal wasn't a Biorb!!! I looked all over the store for the other pieces of the tank too bad maybe go back and look if I have enough time - and ask if they have anything like the parts that go with it. Didn't think of that while I was there!!! It's kinda far to go though.

Still dreaming of the below find at the thrift store /yard sale I missed out on that one day lol
biorb :: biOrb LIFE 45

Thinking of selling off my little pond in consideration of maybe getting a better one later. Prime summer time expansion opportunity for someone else maybe.

It has all kinds of water wisteria and the fish are hidden under a vibrant green blanket of Duckweed. DD & DH thinks it looks like a swamp no matter trying to offer an explanation of the green color is not pond /swamp algae but plants.

Hmmm.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com