Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #11991
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Shipped off snail babies this morning. Holding my breath USPS and the odds are ever in their favor.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #11992
Aquarium Advice Regular

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

I woke up and was wondering why one of my angels had a reddish eye and others don't. He's the oldest among the 4. So maybe others will end up like him when they grow...!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1583.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	301666

Name:	IMG_1584.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	301667

Old 07-19-2017, 12:07 AM   #11993
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did a 40% water change in my 29 and dosed a third of the weekly dose of Thrive. Trimmed some of the purple mudwort and planted the clippings. Got to scrape some of the gsa off the glass. Got to figure out if I want to start feeding the snails and my oto algae wafers or maybe zucchini

Set up the new AC 30 on my 10 gallon. Dosed it with thrive and topped off the water. Dosed ammonia to 1ppm again. Hope to get some nerites in the tank soon and might move the neons in here if the fin nipping doesn't stop in the 29. If I do move them I'll see if I can find something more compatible with the serpae's
Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #11994
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Took a day off work just to do "whatever". Spent a few hours on errands with my sidekick. Pug loves to shop.

Prepped some snails for mailing tomorrow and built insulated boxes.

Watched Khuli's for a while.

Crocheted this...Attachment 301616

Crazy Snails Ladies rock!Attachment 301617Attachment 301618

Someday I'm gonna just sit and do nothing.
Hey I crochet too! What pattern were the snails made with? Can you share it with me? They are awesomely cute!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #11995
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

I could not stand looking at the mess in the shrimp tank so I pulled out a majority of the guppy grass. Still clearing up but much better now. RCS tank done, now onto the yellow neo tank...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3427.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	301682
Old 07-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #11996
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Wife View Post
Hey I crochet too! What pattern were the snails made with? Can you share it with me? They are awesomely cute!

It's a modified version of this:

https://youtu.be/6yFnIw--Hwg

I adhoc added the skirt after it was all done. Helps it stand upright with just sc where I thought they looked best. The mouth is a few French knots and the antennae are a chain with knotted ends.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #11997
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
I could not stand looking at the mess in the shrimp tank so I pulled out a majority of the guppy grass. Still clearing up but much better now. RCS tank done, now onto the yellow neo tank...Attachment 301682

Lol. That guppy grass was a thicket. Shrimp are probably thinking "man it's bright in here now.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #11998
Aquarium Advice Addict

I moved three puffer eggs from the sand to a basket of moss. I think the female was upset that they were gone. This is not the first time I've seen her eggs, though, and I want them to have a better chance of success.

I took out a bunch of AR mini because it really seemed to be overtaking everything. I have it in a bucket. If you want it, send me a message and I'll send it for the price of shipping.

But I just love watching them...

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:23 AM   #11999
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Found that the little Albino BN babies are around a 1/3 inch saw a couple just hanging out in the cave with the poppa BN. I need to try and save them. What are left.

I think a few may have got out of the cave (and chomped up) because the big Angelfish were hanging around the cave a little more closely /intently, than I had ever noticed before which is what caught my attention to take a peek.

Last time (last week) I looked into the cave, couldn't see past the poppa fish.

Now I am wondering about whether I should try and sneak them into the Betta Habitat. But have seen him posture towards the snail, didn't see a bite but it is in their nature.

They are too small right now!??? Thinking, thinking, thinking...

So now I have baby fish, Am happy that they love the tank enough to do their thing, but am sad I can't save all of them.

Yeah, I am sitting here watching one of the Angelfish stalking the cave right now!!!

Gotta go see if I can save them. :/

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:29 AM   #12000
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tested the water in the 29 to see where everything was 24hrs after the water change and dosed another 1/3 of Thrive making 2/3 for the week. Will probably hold off on the last 1/3 until the end of the week.

Started my hard scape on my 10 after collecting, testing, and cleaning some rocks this evening. Tweaked the water level in the 10 after refilling what I took out for the scape and dosed my last half of Thrive while filling. Lowered the level just a bit to increase surface agitation/movement.

Pic of the hard scape so far on the 10. Got a lot of planting to do once I can find some plants or have to trim the 29. The water is still a bit cloudy from stirring up the sand.

Name:	IMG_20170720_012812.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	301719

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« 8 gallon stocking? | - »