Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #12041
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Very snuggly looking for snails.

I found a cute snail yard decoration made from old tires. I Googled - snail made from old tires - it was a pair of them painted yellow and tan, so cute.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #12042
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not so much today as this week, but we moved, so moved the the 30g community and 10g shrimp/snail tank, and had to give away my 75 tank and stand from storage, since the new place won't let me have it

But we'll be able to get a dog so...

Old 08-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #12043
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Not so much today as this week, but we moved, so moved the the 30g community and 10g shrimp/snail tank, and had to give away my 75 tank and stand from storage, since the new place won't let me have it

But we'll be able to get a dog so...
At least there was a plus side. Sorry to hear the negative part though.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 08-06-2017, 02:34 AM   #12044
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I couldn't sleep, so I'm out here watching my Bolivian rams hunt guppy fry under the tank's moon lights. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep soon.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #12045
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Fed beef heart to all the fish (not the pond ran out).

Watched all the fish for a few minutes as working on house projects is taking up all the extra time.

Saw it is time to do pwc all around.

Night before moved the Pleco spawning cave back to the 72G where most of the Plecos are. A Blackish Green Dragon was muching on film and checking it out!?!

Just now watching the SAE doing their spawning dance!!! So that's what's going on at 1:30am.

Earlier tried to get some shots of the Green Endlers, they ae fast!

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 08-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #12046
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I found a cute snail yard decoration made from old tires. I Googled - snail made from old tires - it was a pair of them painted yellow and tan, so cute.

My hubbie would never let me. Yard is his tiki domaine.

And Endlers are just about impossible to photograph. Constantly zooming around.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #12047
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
At least there was a plus side. Sorry to hear the negative part though.
Yeah, I admit I got a little teary eyed about it. I had really been looking forward to trying goldfish again, but I'm really stoked to be able to have a dog again. Now we just have to find the right one lol
Old 08-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #12048
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
My hubbie would never let me. Yard is his tiki domaine.

And Endlers are just about impossible to photograph. Constantly zooming around.
There was an awesome parrot tire too ...rofl!!!

~~~~
Toad, I understand. But hopefully someone else will get to use the tank , now and enjoy it. There will be a good tank for you when you are ready later, AND you get a dog "now". Research for dogs especially energy level and barking too!

So found that the some of the moss in the Endlers 1 female and 3 babies, bucket was brown an plucked it out and changed the water, added a jar of other moss and mini anubias and a couple misc. Little plant parts , did that before bed.

Trying to decide about where to put them. I don't want to mix the lines with the 2 Snakeskin males in the 12G, so probably will move them to the 72G.

Though her babies would be eaten in the 12G. Maybe back to the breeder net option for the babies until they get bigger. They just need to be half grown to not be food.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #12049
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Never an end

LOL.

There is never an end to how many chores need to get done and how many fish and tanks I want to keep /want to have. There is, however, an end to how much time I can put in, so kinda getting to see some slowing in some areas and some development in others.

In the works for development for a larger tank to house Captive bred Mandarin Gobies for the SW.

Today I took the plunge () for a few SW fish.

Most SW fish ever purchased at one time 3, today.

2 Goldline Goby replacing the lost one for the 6.6G

1 Royal Gramma for the 12G (will be upgraded to the 40G or larger tank in the near future) to be buds with the other one Goby fish. They seem to get along well and the Goby has been out more exploring since there is a friend I guess.

So that is the development part so far.

For the reduction, I have offered 12 Platy and the Opaline Gourami to a charity with a fish tank, for view of disabled clients. Waiting to hear back, would love to clear out that space.

Moved the Female Endler to the 12G AFTER moving the Male Snakeskins.

Added the now apparently only 2 baby Endlers to the Chili Rasbora /Tangerine Tiger tank until they aren't mouth sized. Moved all their moss and Anubias back to its jar until further change to the light in the Angelfish tank.

Pwc on the 12G and the 6.6G Edge tanks and bleached the nets and the buckets I had used the last 2 days.

Pics
Last night I searched around and maybe only can find this one shrimp. Makes it hard to get babies if there aren't 2 shrimp as a pair, no?! Looks like a female to me so one more look around the Subwassertang jungle and if not found, I will run over and pick up another.

Cute pic of a funny expression baby Angelfish
The tiny light dash behind and to the left is a tiny Angel baby btw

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 08-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #12050
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Did the daily 20% water change on the platy grow-out tank. They're just about ready for the trip to the LFS. Little do they know, the dreaded Net Monster is coming for them...

Then I spent the next half-hour fruitlessly trying to find a leak I can plainly hear in my pressuriazed CO2 system. It sounds like a bird trilling. Try as I might, I cannot locate it. The next step is to remove, examine, and re-connect the hoses to see if that helps. Argh.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com