What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pulled, bagged, and bixed the rest of my guppies and a bunch of plants...but with this storm we got I couldn't make it out of my driveway to ship, so had to remove all the guppies and place them back into their old tank!
Longgg day!

Ah, just give it time. He'll get used to it.

He's hiding at the moment, feel i need something in my tank like another fish but not sure what, he lost his confidence when i got rid of my gourami. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Added 18lbs of live rock and got a bunch of hitchhikers including a polythoa polyp and a mushroom for $55

Bought a phosphate test kit... It is 0

Bought some Aspasia x to kill the aptasia I had plus the one on my new live rock

Did a Betta switch. Moved Bogart from the big tank and Put Gottfried in the big tank. For a brief second the two met. And as NOT expected there was no fight. Both my bettas seem to be to laid back to fight Neither even flared. So Bogart got the net and moved he seemed un happy in the big tank and wants to be alone...Where as Gottfried seems to be a little more social.

Topped off my tanks and put the 20-something small pieces of driftwood I got on to boil. Got a lot of tannins out and hopefully they will start sinking soon. If not, I have a caulk gun full of silicone and some pieces of slate.

Searched everywhere for a GH/KH test kit, only one was found but it was preordered and also prepaid for and NOT available.

Everyone said their orders were backordered for them!

Initially was trying to get the API, but decided anything that measured it. lol

The Salifert KH/Alk was the only one available was $28 and 1 1/2 hours away, one way.

I think I learned how to use it but I am still not positive about how to read the results, I think I am reading it right, from holding the pointy end up, and reading the number at the black stopper? anybody know for sure?

The sad stressful part of the day is the little edge is still foaming, I don't know what to do.

Since I was traveling around to fish stores, I found a couple interesting things.

Most cool is a Orange Lazer Cory (4.99), was in with a bunch of mixed Cories, the only one in probably 100 fish. And a Blue Filter feeder shrimp(8.99). And I got 9 Blue Tetras (15.00, on sale/ saved $3. not that big of sale but I have always thought of trying them). To lighten up the dark tank! Went to QT.

btw, the 110 on the 32G QT really brightened up the water clarity! Only had a little 20G on it, and 1/3 tank is full of floating /loose plants.

I did nothing with my tank! Didn't even get to see it because when I got home the lights were out. I did, however, help a friend test for nitrates on his tank, Had to show him how to do the test the right way.

What was your tank duty today?

What did you guys do with your tank today? What was the best or worst part about it?!

It's been a sad few days in my fish room. I made the decision to get rid of all but 2 of my aquariums. I got 9 sold!(I couldn't even bring myself to consider getting rid of my saltwater tanks. Not happening. Lol.) Hopefully I have a really awesome tank to show for it in the future though. :)

It's been a sad few days in my fish room. I made the decision to get rid of all but 2 of my aquariums. I got 9 sold!(I couldn't even bring myself to consider getting rid of my saltwater tanks. Not happening. Lol.) Hopefully I have a really awesome tank to show for it in the future though. :)

Now instead of spending money on 11 tanks you only have to spend it on 2. That's going to work out really great! Your saltwater tanks will look awesome! It's still sad that you had to part with all of the others though.

Now instead of spending money on 11 tanks you only have to spend it on 2. That's going to work out really great! Your saltwater tanks will look awesome! It's still sad that you had to part with all of the others though.

Thanks. :) that was my thought exactly. Now my tanks won't be so half-way, ya know?

Thats a steal . I found some on ebay for $18 for 1

Didn't exactly see how much they run but it is orangish and has a stripe so it has to be that! aka Peru Gold stripe stripe, I think. It caught my eye as it was orangish tint in a sea of bronze and tan. They had fun things to see!

They also had some really neat looking ones which had spots not like dots, like a julii but circles which were tan bodies and light brown ring like circle. edit, ijust looked at over 300 pics on planet catfish of Cories and didn't see the spotted ones I saw yesterday! They only had two maybe three.

And one kind which looked like one I saw for $30/50. for sale... it is 1.5 hours away but I might go back. Adolfoi MAYBE...all mixed were $4.99.

There are a zillion kinds of Cories and many which look similar. There were numerous tanks of mixed Cories. But I didn't know which kinds they all were. When I got home is when I started looking as some pics and names, still couldn't find a pic of the ring like circle one. I was exhausted so didn't spend a long time looking. They had a bunch that was for sure!

Back
Top Bottom