What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent half the day already working on all the tanks!

Tested everything to see where they stood. Mostly fine. Did pwc on three tanks.

The shrimp tank was a bugger and took an hour due to having to hunt for all the tiny mts and baby shrimp in the muck. A lot of it one cup at a time, ugh!

Decided to kick the Betta out of his well established 2.5G and get it ready for the Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp, I think they will arrive tomorrow. Cleaned the sand and did a min rescape, pretty much the same.

Change my snail bowl to a two gallon bowl and added some tan Cherry shrimp to see if they can stay alive in there with only the plants supplying them air. Snails do fine.

Cleaned the filter in the 37 and added water. Added water to the Koi pond.

Spent an hour trying to solve my foaming water 6.6 Edge tank problem, 90+% water change, wiped down everything rinsed filter and media with treated clean water, and took out the DW, and took off the sponge pre-filter, and filled it back up.

Still getting .25 ammonia from the tap too:(.

Now off to work!

Where did the betta go?

Bought a couple of clamp on shop lights and a shelf to clamp them to. Rounded up all my fish-tank only buckets to get ready for my sizeable plant order to get here tomorrow, when all of the tanks get re-scaped.

when your finished you know were going to want picts:cool:(y)

Thought I was off to work...

Stopped by the post office to pick up the mail on the way to work, and also, just to make sure my OEBT shrimp didn't arrive. The tracking number said they were still in New York, 1500 miles away.

SURPRISE!!!

I had to run them home, and I was late to work :(

AND the heat pack was cold, and there were supposed to be 12 but I could only count maybe 11. And 4 of them looked like they were born the day before they were shipped to me! [-], as big as the dash in the brackets, but pale and really thin and pretty much invisible...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are two nicely colored blue ones, one is 3mm and one maybe 2mm.

That seller should be ashamed of himself, was from ebay. Didn't ship them right after I paid for them, and some of these shrimp weren't even born when I paid for them! Very negative experience.

And my water is still foaming in my Edge tank :(:(:(:(:(:confused:

Stopped by the post office to pick up the mail on the way to work, and also, just to make sure my OEBT shrimp didn't arrive. The tracking number said they were still in New York, 1500 miles away.

:(:confused:

bet you there here the post office scans once a day I know this secret since my wife is a scarey mail carrier:eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my rock never appeared in tracking window till the day after it was delivered

I broke the news to my wife that I'm painting the fish room black

results were not good she about went through roof

after she thought about it she said go ahead it's your cave anyway

so now I have to go get some semi flat black paint so I can get this done before she changes her mind lol :D

Well i found some sand not sure if.it is safe though.. the hubby can pick it up today if it is then ill b busy cleaning sand

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/black-diamond-20-40-blasting-media-50-lb

Says its coal slag with less then 2% silicia .. is this the stuff everyone else uses if not what black or dark sand do yall use.. last time i bought the expensive lfs brand.. this time i would need 5 bags to cover all these tanks

50% clean on my bettas tank, 40 % clean on my elephant nose tank and added five more blue jelly shrimp, my red nose rhino shrimp i put in yesterday are still doing ok except one i can't find. Also added a home for my kuhli loach :)

Looking now for fish to add we r just picking what we like now n buying a new filter for my 125 gonna get a AC110 while its on sale for $67 instead of $89 plus i got a coupon to save more money ...cant wait to start playing in my sand tomorrow... lol

Edit: got lucky n grabbed the last ac110.. and i grabbed some scrubber brushes n wire brushes on sale... saw some beautiful nickel size angels hubby wanted them now for once it was me making him walk away without fish it was nice

Also made some more food for the africans and a special mix for the cories.. changed filter pads n put my new scrub brush to the test perfect ...

so now I have to go get some semi flat black paint so I can get this done before she changes her mind lol :D

Go! Go! Go! Do it nooooooow.

I got my power back on, checked up on everyone, and am planning on water changes once I get some food in me. I didn't sleep at all last night thanks to taking my cold medicine too late at night, and I've been running around all day and haven't eaten yet. Yet I'm still going to clean my tanks tonight. Everyone made it through the day without power ok, though. Although my betta Lucky didn't seem too happy when the filters kicked on and messed up the bubble nest he had built while he had some still water. He looked at me like kid who got his sandcastle kicked down.

30% water change on my 90gal Malawi & Vic tank moved my grow out tank with a 40% water change and I move my jack Dempsey from a 40 gal to a 55 gal

image-2323696187.jpg

image-798982335.jpg

Get the chalk board paint! Then you can write notes about the tanks on the walls!

Huge hassle!!

Good to know, never go by the tracking number info, will remember that!

Too bad u dont use a smaller office i find the more rural offices have more time then a big city office as they are always busy.. i only say this bc my mom has been a mail carrier for 15+ yrs n i work the office in a small small small office... i scan more then once a day ..

My husband came home with 3 earth eater's today to go with my elephant nose! I, ve read their peaceful but if you guys have more information please tell me! Im unsure as my elephant is a grump lol would love it to work :)

ForumRunner_20130309_151815.jpg

Planted a bunch of new small plants. took the entire evening! Did nuther water change and hit the tank with ferts for the newbies. now just watching the Neons play in the new arrangement. Still cant find my missing lil hippy (Male Guppy) if he passed away I sure need to find him afore he spikes my tank. Very possible the shrimp ate him.....Contemplating some algae eating snails now and a new lil hippy! And while I am typing this my New light just came from the maillady!!!! so more to do!!!!

Back
Top Bottom