Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #12571
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
Woke up to find my angels nipping at a neon tetra. They have been guarding this place that they lay eggs on. I netted him out and placed him in a mug. He is upside down. I don't think he'll make it.

Aw thatís terrible!

Old 02-18-2018, 01:41 AM   #12572
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

They can be very fierce.

~~~~

The transfer of the Angelfish killer Angelfish I was supposed to get back did not happen, change of timing/plans - moving prepping is sometimes tough. Also the 16G bowfront will be at the same time, maybe next week.

Did pwc all around except the 72G.

Went to the SW lfs, got an extra 5G tote for SW and filled up 4 so it is 20G of SW expecting at some point will need some more, I had 3 extra empty 5G bottles for the water people to but didn't fill them. That was for the 16G tank that I didn't pick up. so I have one more week maybe 9 days to look for another tank for the combo SW nanos.

Moved 2 F Endlers from the 72G put them into the Turtle bowl with the males and moved 2 fish, a F and a fry - the only two I could catch. Considering on moving all the Endlers to the 5G Spec, or maybe an Edge tank, thinking it over. Would like to see them sparkly and swimming all around. Presently all DHG growing around like a grassy Jungle. Plus the other plants, mainly tons of shedding Riccia.

Opaline Gourami is now in the 72G, things seem peaceable enough at this time. It looks like the Angel in the 29G QT - previous companion of the Gourami is missing him. Keeps swimming around like looking for him.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #12573
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, havenít been doing anything with the tanks since weíve been mostly holed up in the NICU with my son (!!!!) but yesterday, just as I was walking past the 45 gallon, I saw something newóa tiny tiny baby pleco! My three bristlenoses apparently decided that now, now that no maintenance has been done for... a month? Maybe more? But now was a good time to get it on. Thereís at least 4 babies, but thereís so many plants in there Iím sure thatís only a small sample of them.
Tacit Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #12574
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Blues View Post
Well, havenít been doing anything with the tanks since weíve been mostly holed up in the NICU with my son (!!!!) but yesterday, just as I was walking past the 45 gallon, I saw something newóa tiny tiny baby pleco! My three bristlenoses apparently decided that now, now that no maintenance has been done for... a month? Maybe more? But now was a good time to get it on. Thereís at least 4 babies, but thereís so many plants in there Iím sure thatís only a small sample of them.
I hope your son is doing better.

I'm rethinking my shrimp situation. I don't like how their water doesn't move.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:18 AM   #12575
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

BN love you to leave them alone, that is when I found my first batch.

Congrats for the new baby BN.

Best Wishes for your new little human baby's speedy and proper development.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #12576
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks heís doing very well, just 6 weeks early, so heís got some extra growing to do
Tacit Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:58 PM   #12577
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bought a tiny baby female betta a few days ago *she is so adorable*
Did a water change on her 1 gallon tank. I made a cute filter for it. Finally got nitrAtes and 0 ammonia on my male betta's 10 gallon. It just dawned on me I can take some media from there and put it in baby's tank.
My 30 gallon is showing no more signs of ich I vacuumed the gravel, keeping the temp hovering around 87F. Wonder how long I should keep it that high.

I have been very careful no to cross contaminate with the three tanks. Once the baby girl is big enough she is going in with the community 30 gallon.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #12578
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralocean View Post
Bought a tiny baby female betta a few days ago *she is so adorable*
Did a water change on her 1 gallon tank. I made a cute filter for it. Finally got nitrAtes and 0 ammonia on my male betta's 10 gallon. It just dawned on me I can take some media from there and put it in baby's tank.
My 30 gallon is showing no more signs of ich I vacuumed the gravel, keeping the temp hovering around 87F. Wonder how long I should keep it that high.

I have been very careful no to cross contaminate with the three tanks. Once the baby girl is big enough she is going in with the community 30 gallon.
Freshwater Ich? Yuck! - Aquarium Advice

I would start at 7 days probably do 10, from the last spot you can see, then reduce the temp 2 degrees each day until the temp you want to stay at. The above says 2 weeks which would be alright too.

```````````````````````````````````````

Today found that there was a mini overflow problem on the Edge 12G PRL tank apparently the way I put in the mineral tile in the out flow of the HOB, was not only causing the water to splash louder than it should but was contributing to an over flow of drips causing a couple quarts of water to puddle on the flow over night. Because the filter needed a clean too I guess.

Moved the back column of the tank and cleaned all the filter parts and pre-filter sponge. It seems all day now that there is no further leaking. Pleasant good morning surprise

Ended up removing additional duckweed in that tank and doing another 20% pwc.

Topped off all the rest of the tanks and a little more in the pond too.

During the snow day cleaning found my missing bottom intake for the new and set to go but never started AC 110 from back at Christmas. Never turned it on because of the missing part. So have to move a plug and start her up! It is just sitting there waiting! Still thinking about whether to change over the 72G to the 90G (sitting in the garage). With the 2 filters, FX-5 and the AC 110 It will be around 900GPH+ filtration. I just need to figure out how to run the extra FX-5 sitting in the utility closet to seed the media!!!

Thinking of doing a tank swap this next weekend, maybe. Maybe just getting it in the house and set up the wiring.

Still looking for the perfect SW used tank, still no luck!

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #12579
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Too icy and cold to be messing with the big tank this weekend.

Brought home 15 more $1. Neons from Pet**art big box. The employee there is really sweet, and said she has missed me visiting and thought I had dropped of the face of the earth!, lol. Told her that I didn't need any more fish, hahahaha!

That was all they had. Sale ends the 27th maybe. Neons lasted alright through the 2 night 5G bucket test with heater and air zero dead. Fed some dewormer this time to start them out.

We shall see how it progresses. Planning their filter clean and pwc this weekend. Lots of brown algae in the tank as there is a lot of light shining through the bare bottom of the tank 24 hrs a day from the SW macroalgae tank. Maybe a chunk of cardboard under it.

Still did not locate a new to me SW tank.

Tmaier posted a pic on another thread about shrimp and made me think of my first shrimp, a pair, here is one of them that lasted awhile, one did not last very long. Was a shrimp newb back in early 2012 It has been a long road.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 02-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #12580
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Good luck with those Neons! I havenít lost any of the last 20 I got and still totally amazed. Hope my shrimp will be as pretty as your were.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Water Change | - »