What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is Sunday, so that means water change day! This morning I did the wc on my 29 gallon, then later this afternoon I did the water change on the 5 gallon QT tank and the 10 gallon shrimp tank. In the QT tank, I have 4 espei rasbora I got from walmart - they've been in QT for a week, and so far they have showed no sign of illness :)

By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but this thread is more than a year old now!

Today I took a leap of faith and grabbed a lightly used Fluval 306 for $78 off ebay....supposed to arrive by Friday, so here goes nothing!

Nothing.
Haven't even turned the tank lights on today.

My allergies are going insane, I was supposed to do soo much! W/c's on the bigger tanks and ship like 6 packages of fish and plants!

That's not a bad deal if its lightly used like you say. I got a Rena xp4 last year locally on craigslist for $80 and it's good for 260 gallons but I have a turtle so half that lol. Bought a 304 on eBay a couple years ago when I was a newbie and it's still kicking. eBay is great for used filters just gotta know your price and know when a seller is sketchy

Let us know how it goes. Ive always been weiry of buying filters used. How much are 306s new?

Will do! I got it from a large eBay store with great feedback (something ridiculous like 99.8%) and a 2 week return policy so I figured it was worth the risk, they run about $120 on Amazon and $150 or so at the big box stores if I remember correctly, and they said it was only used for a few months, so if everything pans out it was a steal.

Will do! I got it from a large eBay store with great feedback (something ridiculous like 99.8%) and a 2 week return policy so I figured it was worth the risk, they run about $120 on Amazon and $150 or so at the big box stores if I remember correctly, and they said it was only used for a few months, so if everything pans out it was a steal.

Ohh from a store.. well thats different. Nice buy.

Got off work and did an extra pwc on the 125g this week and montoring my levels closely .. pwc on 20g and cleaned and and filled up the 55g 95% of the way whn the hubby quit lugging buckets on me .. gonn rest some thn do the last few myself.. cant wait to get all the tanks running and filled with fish

Back
Top Bottom