Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #12711
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Of course you are welcome here fredi98. If there weren't new posters in this really old (but my favorite) thread, it would have been long dead.

Did a water add for evap on the pond. Did remove about 10 gallons of water but was too worried about the fry. Maybe next week will do a pwc. Checking each bucket for babies. Did pwc on the SW nanos.

Add RO water everywhere - already 2x this week for evap.

Added 6 Congo Tetras to the QT, but 4 died overnight and prompted a complete water change in the 46G tank and a rinse out of the FX-5. Including the intake and out flow tubes this time, but the muck from somewhere still caused the water to cloud when I turned it back on. Grrrrr.

Need to do a couple water changes in the 72G. The nitrates are creeping up too.

Otherwise I am caught up on water changes, as got the wine glass and the Spec V a couple days ago. Also cleaned out the very mucky sponge filter in the wine glass a couple days ago.
Just did another in the Spec V and Wine Glass

72G
Did 2 - ~1/3rd pwc actually did the drain from the FX-5 then just kept filling it as it drained. The Nitrates were 30ish.
Found the recently molted Bamboo shrimp being eaten near the Clown Loach hang out, DW cave. Not exactly pointing any fingers, but he looked perfectly well yesterday, fanning away.

Probably not gonna get anymore of those now either.

Cleaned out the intake of the 110 Fluval AquaClear on the 72G also and added a little prefilter sponge I have for the Edge. Flow improved dramatically as it was nearly plugged fro debris.

Gave someone I met a starter of what would be needed for a planted bowl and one each Grey/black, Red and Blue RH snails with some food and Prime after he admired my fish and asked lots of questions and said thinking of keeping fish /commented how cool my 2G Planted container was.

Told him it was a start for the addiction of fish keeping and if he liked the snails he might want to put in the work for a fish tank, and suggested to get some moss balls for the fun factor.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #12712
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiken5968 View Post
My LED floodlights came in today, and I finally had time to put in the dirt, and black sand.

I've got to build a mount for the lights. I'll be getting more plants soon. Attachment 309751
Old fluorescent vs new LEDs. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952833.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	309756

Old 07-29-2018, 01:28 AM   #12713
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Smile

Been mulling over what I would like to be keeping in the next year, and in which tanks.

Each week at least once or twice on CL I am searching for a deal.

Not too much in the way of local offerings which I have been looking for quite awhile.

Got 3 more juvenile male Guppies for the pond for now went into the planted jar, letting them eat some mosquito larvae and and then will put them into the pond if they don't die in the next week.

Dumped out one jar which was just misc plants into pond for the fish to eat and took out the plants and put them in another jar.

These are outside right now for the summer and misc plants from tank clean outs or what ever. There are about 4 now. Only one is beautiful looking which used to be the turtle bowl container that broke. The others are basically masses of plants in big vases, a big brandy snifter, and cylinder vase containers. Mostly mosses, Subwassertang, Riccia, Java Fern, Dwarf Water Lettuce, and some DHG.

Checked the SW nanos and adjusted their water for evap and added some SW to the 12G, washed out its prefilter sponge and moved a rock that used to have mushrooms. They seemed to get poorly and die off after the sunlight coming through the window daily and hitting them recently.

Thinking of actually hitting the purchase button on the white 12G Fluval Edge tank - maybe, tomorrow or Monday.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 07-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #12714
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My son is moving and starting a new job. He wonít be settled until the end of August. Iím baby sitting his Orb for a month. Cleaned it up and put Iígors plants in it. And put my sons plants in Iígors tank. Theyíre covered in ramshorn eggs. Removed every snail from his tank I could find. Heís been over feeding and had a snailsplosion. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4062.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	309849
Old 07-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #12715
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hahahaha!!!

Nice work there.
~~~~
The Guppies are looking pretty good 2 look best 1 looks a little eh, like the transition was a little much. So we will see what happens.

Gonna do a pwc on the jar maybe add an air bubbler, right now it doesn't have one because it is under a deck on a side cafe table, but I could move it to the other side of the doorway where there is a plug next to it and likely a bubbler would - hopefully perk things up.

Been watching the Clown Loach medium one and small one. This afternoon the small one was sleeping sideways next to the glass, belly side towards me and I freaked a little at first, then I saw it breathing and he woke up and swam around.

Bigger/older one, maybe a female has started sitting on a flat stone in the center of the tank more often looking to see when I am gonna feed them I think. They are cute, follow each other around as they swim in the tank.

Hoping to get 3-4 more. I had hoped to just adopt a few from people who have them getting too big, but so far haven't caught any of the deals at the exact right time yet, often they go with a tank or are going with all the fish in the tank which I don't need. At the fish stores they have been so tiny, about 1.5-2 inches long and still 8.99-11.99!!!

Heading to the lfs to buy some more RO/DI water tomorrow.

Filled the evap today with RO, probably will do a pwc as well, since am heading to get RO I can get a jug refill of SW too.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 07-29-2018, 10:33 PM   #12716
Aquarium Advice Regular

Doing a 50% water change on both of the 5s and the 38. Because I am still a caveman and do a gallon at a time by hand the 38 takes considerably longer than the two fives lol
Old 07-29-2018, 11:42 PM   #12717
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Why I love nano tanks!!! Scoop, scoop, scoop pour- you're done!

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 07-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #12718
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Tank has cleared. There are 3 male guppies in here and kuhliís. With a few Mystery Snails. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	309858
Old 08-13-2018, 03:33 AM   #12719
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Pretty excited right now, but also exhausted.

Bought an Innovative Marine SR-80 all in one tank and stand and some access. The 80 actually means 80G Used.

More later and a new tank build thread. Eeeeeeeee!!!!!

Did pwc add water to pond earlier. Added RO for evap on SW nanos too.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 08-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #12720
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Got a little surprise yesterday while feeding my tanks. While I was watching, one little shape dashed by, and then another -- my amano shrimps were still alive! I hadn't seen those little aquatic roaches in at least six months and had assumed they'd all died off. Instead, they're just real good at hiding in that heavily overgrown tank.

And to think they've probably been watching me the whole time...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com