What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scrapped the bit of painting I did on my 10 gallon last night. Just didn't care for how it looked. So now I'm starting over, painting a light silver filigree and I'm topping that with white metallic paint. Should look pretty cool.

Got my new dwarf petricolas in today added them to the tank.. then swapped my otos,cories, n gourami into the 55g need more fish or that tank now to and planning on adding a blue crayfish to the now empty 20g.. (well fish empty) .. added a pic of my nyererei showing off for his female.. couldnt resist

What fish is the third picture, its amazing!

What kind of goldfish in the 10 gallon? I don't think there is a type of goldfish that should be kept in a 10 gallon. I may be wrong.

2 fancy and 1 blackmore...but they are around an inch and ahalf...we plan on moving them once they get alil bigger...

Scrapped my new paint job as well. It was too drippy.

And in other news, the snail that I was sure got eaten by the cray is alive and kicking! Well, cruising along the glass at least.

Its my pundamilia nyererei ruti island male... he is a monster but he is soo gorgeous i luv him.. i have another vic male that is just as gorgeous but cant get a good pic of him to show off :(

Edit: not another p. Nyererei male just anothe vic

How big do they get? I'm thinking about getting myself one

2 fancy and 1 blackmore...but they are around an inch and ahalf...we plan on moving them once they get alil bigger...

Well, that's good. Just be careful because no one really knows exactly when stunting happens. Pretty fish though. :) good luck!

Geez... spent an hour replanting what these stupid snails uprooted! Dog-gone hitchhikers came in on a plant even AFTER some washes.....they do an awesome cleanup job, but are creating havoc with the plantings as the burrow into the substrate. Caught a bunch of them and exiled them to the Betta tanks where damage will be minimal and cleanup is needed! Now just time to relax and watch the antics of the fish.....then tomorrow PWC thinking a 50% if I don't have to go get water conditioner...hope there is enough

Geez... spent an hour replanting what these stupid snails uprooted! Dog-gone hitchhikers came in on a plant even AFTER some washes.....they do an awesome cleanup job, but are creating havoc with the plantings as the burrow into the substrate. Caught a bunch of them and exiled them to the Betta tanks where damage will be minimal and cleanup is needed! Now just time to relax and watch the antics of the fish.....then tomorrow PWC thinking a 50% if I don't have to go get water conditioner...hope there is enough

Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me. Its either that or i let them over tank my tank, i dont think ill ever get rid of the totally though theyre to **** shady.

Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me

I keep mine around til they get to a certain size, too. Then they are puffer food!

Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me. Its either that or i let them over tank my tank, i dont think ill ever get rid of the totally though theyre to **** shady.

No judging here.....Mine will get SOME sort of harsh treatment if they don't stop!:cool: I can only exile so many to the betta tanks! Or I can give em away to all who want them. Don't know much about them a Ramshorn of some sort Not planted tank friendly that's for sure!!!1:fish2:

When I had FW I fed the snails to my crayfish.

Hmmm a crayfish.....Interesting... he would have a banquet in there and I DO kinda want one, but I am afraid he would just replace the snails as plant wreckers. I do know from keeping wild ones, they LOve digging! Would love to have one, maybe in another tank....oh hey! Excuse to get ANOTHER TANK!!!!:blink:

Hmmm a crayfish.....Interesting... he would have a banquet in there and I DO kinda want one, but I am afraid he would just replace the snails as plant wreckers. I do know from keeping wild ones, they LOve digging! Would love to have one, maybe in another tank....oh hey! Excuse to get ANOTHER TANK!!:blink:

My husband wants a blue one used it as an excuse to swap my cories n stuff over to the 55g n make the 20g a blue crayfish for the hubby... it soo worked.. good luck

LOVE blue crayfish. That was actually my first aquarium getting into the hobby. They will root plants up. Definitely a good guy to have in a species only tank. :) they're so fun. One of these days I want a 75-100 gallon tank that looks like a creek bed. Crawfish and minnows or guppies....one of these days... :)

Back
Top Bottom