What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear ya! LOL I am on the verge of just changing substrate to rid myself of the little buggers! And its a planted tank so so much work involved there! And having to dip all plants and recycle Blah! The little pests wont win!(y)

Lol even if you did, one would find its way back into the tank some how! How do you get rid of something that can breed with itself. My tank has had them since day 3 and ive tryed my best to get rid of them, now ive just given up and get rid when they get big enough.

Lol even if you did, one would find its way back into the tank some how! How do you get rid of something that can breed with itself. My tank has had them since day 3 and ive tryed my best to get rid of them, now ive just given up and get rid when they get big enough.

That's why I have assassin snails to get the big ones. But when you have so many tiny ones that it looks like your sand is moving. You need to take drastic measures. I've broken down my tank once to change to sand and I really don't wanna do it again till I move.

My son and I drained my 26 gallon 75% - removed fish, ornaments and plants - took out half the river rock and added eco-complete planted black. Refilled, added plants and ornaments back in - ran filter for an hour with several rinses, then finally added fish back in....

Then I sat back and drank a beverage or 2... lol

Not to be outdone by the 26, we totally drained the 10 gallon after removing plants, ornaments, and fish/ADFs. Dumped the sand and rinsed tank thoroughly. Added 1/2 Eco-complete - 1/2 gravel from 26 gal. Added water, plants, wood and eventually fish/ADFs.

Can you say.....TIRED!! :D

That's why I have assassin snails to get the big ones. But when you have so many tiny ones that it looks like your sand is moving. You need to take drastic measures. I've broken down my tank once to change to sand and I really don't wanna do it again till I move.

Yes! an assassin snail! Might do the trick but the poor little guy would die from being overworked.:ROFLMAO: Today, my fish were slow to wake up...just like me on a chilly, rainy day. Only the third shifters were finishing the clean up, when this third shifter got home...when I kicked on the lights, the shrimp and the Otos were busy... everyone else was crashed out.. well except Guinevere and Elizabeth..the 2 female bettas who as always, were waiting for me and the food. Between the Light restrictions, the double Co2 and the otos, the brown Algae war is just about over... but this snail thing it ain't over yet. Exiled a few more to the betta tanks!:banghead:

Yes! an assassin snail! Might do the trick but the poor little guy would die from being overworked.:ROFLMAO: Today, my fish were slow to wake up...just like me on a chilly, rainy day. Only the third shifters were finishing the clean up, when this third shifter got home...when I kicked on the lights, the shrimp and the Otos were busy... everyone else was crashed out.. well except Guinevere and Elizabeth..the 2 female bettas who as always, were waiting for me and the food. Between the Light restrictions, the double Co2 and the otos, the brown Algae war is just about over... but this snail thing it ain't over yet. Exiled a few more to the betta tanks!:banghead:

Yep, my freezer has a few ziplock baggies full of frozen snails. Kind of cryptic, but I don't care.

Water changes on the 110, both 55's, both 28's, both 29's, the 5g betta tank and the 75. I'm pooped considering I did this all after working all day and attending dale carnegie class tonight.

Painted my (soon to be) hood for my 50 gallon tank :)
Also bought a BioMax filter insert.
Starting to get excited getting close to being able to add fish! haha

Added new bogwood to my elephant nose tank it came through the post. The label on it said for Cichilds? Now I'm concerned! It also has a screw in the bottom to hold the top in place. confused! Well added my old piece to my bettas tank but not sure if i like it.

Added new bogwood to my elephant nose tank it came through the post. The label on it said for Cichilds? Now I'm concerned! It also has a screw in the bottom to hold the top in place. confused! Well added my old piece to my bettas tank but not sure if i like it.
I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.

I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.

If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help

If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help

If it's stainless, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.

80% PWC; I will be doing 2 PWC every week. Tues will be the gravel/glass/filter etc work & Sat will be just a water change. I added what will be the last of holey rocks in the aquarium & another piece of drift wood. Moved the spray bar dirction more above and cichlids are now swimming more above than before.

Ordering a water changer no more buckets for this girl after this week anyway.. the 125g water change is lots of work with buckets.

Did a pwc on the 125g ..package arrived today with all my new goodies. I got digital therms for all tanks , food / snacks for every animal we have . Stuff for the crayfish/ crawfish tank ... fixing to order some meds to keep on hand in case of emergency in my tanks.. locally i have really nothing available.. my fish shipped today so ill have them thursday ::dance dance:: i accidently over ordered n now have like 10 or so more fish thn i wanted but we will see how it goes ..

50% water change on my 55 thank u phython for making my life easier

Early water changes on both my tanks today. Put my cana snail in my elephant nose tank as he's getting huge! My elephant nose took one look at him and legged it lol he's one strange fish :)

50% pwc on the 35 hex, pruned damaged leaves from plants. It looks really nice! Also wiped the inside glass on my 10 gal nano reef. All 3 tanks look marvelous. :)

Back
Top Bottom