Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #1341
Aquarium Advice Freak

75% pwc on the 46g bf community tank. Found a variatus fry and put it in my fry tank with the white/orange, orange mickey mouse moons and my 1 guppy fry. I knew he was in there but only seen him once, then while I was doing the water change he come out and was exploring Redosed api aquarium salt. And got rid of my red tail black shark. He was harrassing all 3 of my rams. Not gonna let him stress 8-13$ fish. Had to take my big ship out just to be able to catch him cause everytime I tried he went and hid in it

Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #1342
Aquarium Advice Freak

Currently doing a 30% water change. Added a Red New Guinea Rainbow fish. He's a male and flashed his stripe when I rubbed my nose. It's yellow. We are going to get along just fine. Nothing like having a trained goldfish. He should have a mate. It depands on if he can outshine the other males in the tank for the affection of the female New Guinea Rainbow. She's kind of greenish and was sold as an Emerald Rainbow. $13.00 I couldn't afford. He has finally settled down and is swimming around.

Wroberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #1343

I was busy busy today i got all my new stuff n for my 55g african cichlid tank so i added 60lbs of eco complete african cichlid sand , rock caves , filled it up .. waitin for the cloudness to clear up so i can actually set it up the way i want it ...
Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #1344
Aquarium Advice Activist

well, ive been putting together my 65 gallon saltwater tank since July.. im waiting on live rock and sand right now... so tonight filled it up with water to check for leaks make sure my stand was ok before i put in rock and sand..

Anyway, as i was filling the tank , about 3/4 full at this time, i went in the other room.. The next thing i knew the condo starting shaking,windows rattling, i had no idea what the hell was going on..Felt like a train just ran thru my place.. I thought maybe the stand was collapsing..glass ready to break, i had No clue.. Well it was a 4.6 earthquake right here in New England... The funny thing is i was more worried about the tank that ive spent months and tons of money on, than anything else
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #1345
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added Java moss and lace Java fern to my fahaka tank. Hopefully the he wont tear up these plants. Also received my bottle of seachem excel today, so the plants will do even better and grow over my decor in no time.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #1346
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Yesterday I set up my little 1.5 gallon tank to start growing some mangrove seedlings I ordered. Put some potting soil down, capped it with gravel, filled it with saltwater and then I set up a desk lamp with a cfl to shine on it. Pretty good little setup, I thought. Then today, the mystery snail egg clutch I ordered from someone came in and I facepalmed because I was planning on using it to hatch those and grow the babies out a little. It totally slipped my mind. So now the eggs are in a cup with a tiny amount of tank water at the bottom until I can get something else set up. They're hatching already, though!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #1347
Aquarium Advice Regular

Did a water change in the 55 gallon catfish tank
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #1348

Added filters to the 55g since the sand settled n im waitin to move the rock caves around
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1349
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

pulled out my dieing flower pot
did a water change
than went shopping

came home with 2 nice rocks that I paid $75. for

the first one is what I replaced my flower pot with

this is the other rock

than I had to rearrange everything to make room for all the new corals I have just ordered from my reef to yours

also got 2 new power heads
new test kit
tub of salt

now I just placed a order with R2G for more feeders
brine
myssis shrimp
pods
also some macros
and my replacement fish

I'll add more picts when it all comes

I was tempted to get a 60 gal breeder today at petco might go back tomorrow and get it
Its a buck a gallon

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #1350
Aquarium Advice Freak

panic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! power outage transformer blew up down the street .....................thank god for backup batteries

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com