What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a small PWC on the 28 and cleaned out all of the aquaclear 50 I had running on it. Such a mess!!

Once the filter was cleaned out I decided to add some new zeolite to it and forgot to rinse it before it went into the filter. Now the tank has some nice and cloudy water going through it. Hoepfully it'll clear up soon.

Rebuilt skimmer pump replaced stock propeller with a 8 fin propeller
so far it works great time to rebuild the other one tomorrow in the 40B
5 gal water change in 37g

There's been a fish, just screaming my name for months. It's a tailless firemouth! Came in that way and its been swimming around and eats and acts fine. I've been back and forth to my lfs and kept checking up on it. Well today, I bought this unique little guy, and he's doing pretty good so far :)

Congrats! You now have a cool rare looking fish!

patiently waiting on UPS for my new corals
set up tank for new coral
now only if it gets here darn snow enough is enough
at this rate there won't be no May flowers

Waiting on a reply from CL. last night I found an ad that has a 45 hex with stand and everything and it's FREE! The only kicker is that the tank needs to be resealed, not a problem. If I can get it, I'll reseal it and either set it up somewhere OR flip it for quick cash.

just got done placing my new coral
to see it all go to my tread ROUND 2
img_2448335_0_1c3f4cb90a1db0f85e7e37f3002d590d.jpg

The last few mornings I've been waking up to find that someone has been digging up my large amazon sword. Tonight I caught the culprit red handed! It was/is one of the black kuhli loaches! I watched it swim over and go nuts at digging this thing up. Now I gotta figure out how to distract it from doing it, any tips? Btw, the substrate is sand.

The last few mornings I've been waking up to find that someone has been digging up my large amazon sword. Tonight I caught the culprit red handed! It was/is one of the black kuhli loaches! I watched it swim over and go nuts at digging this thing up. Now I gotta figure out how to distract it from doing it, any tips? Btw, the substrate is sand.

Not sure how big your loaches are, but perhaps gutter guard (basically semi rigid black plastic mesh) cut down and shaped in a circle around your sword may curtail the digging.

Started setting up a few tanks in the fish house. 7 down. Few more to go.

Attachments

• image-3758219651.jpg
    image-3758219651.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3473982577.jpg
    image-3473982577.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-4238223094.jpg
    image-4238223094.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image-4238127980.jpg
    image-4238127980.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1319365580.jpg
    image-1319365580.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 69
best tank day ever!

I took my brand new 55 gallon tank out of the box! Even empty it's beautiful!

Started setting up a few tanks in the fish house. 7 down. Few more to go.

That's awesome!!!

Dang that is going to be epic. I like the low profile would be better to be as short as possible to enjoy the view, beneficial for kids :)

Much easier upkeep than reaching up and over the edge of a 5" tall wall of tanks

Fed everybody, and started some serious planning for moving the 37G to the new place. Finally decided on the right spot.

Wished I had time to do my pwc on the 72G. But probably in the morning. Admired some of the fish in the 72G, the Koi Angels are tripled in size, and my Purple spotted Goby is twice the size I got him, and getting some very pretty colors. Yellow and blue and black bands on his fins.

Noticed my old Blue Gourami seems bloated. :nono:

Back
Top Bottom