What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew! Took 9 hrs non-stop. Trimmed down and reduced amount of my Cabomba and Water Wisteria to make room for new Ludwigia Peruensis and L. Ovalis. Moved Ammania Bonsai into little rows to make hedge in front of rock work. Cleaned gravel(vac'd) and added a bunch of RU root tabs. Cleaned filters and all tubes. Made 50% water change. Fishys had a ball playing with my hands and tools. Fresh water made them all happy. Rummys heads deep red. Looks like each one drank a quart of Capt. Morgan! It was a family affair as the two cats and the dog came in and "helped". LOL. It was a GOOD day. OS.

No pictures!? You must have had a ton to do!!

Did a 1/3rd pwc on the 72G. Vac'ed the Eco.

Added water to everybody's tanks and bowls and buckets.

Got a line on some orange eye blue tiger shrimp and some very dark red cherry shrimp. Won't be able to order them for a week or so due to the cherries not ready to ship yet.

I decided to mothball the 16G. And see how I get along with out it. There are very few inhabitants just some baby fish and snails. My Bamboo shrimp will go into my 37G, back where she was before.

As for the baby fish, I have around 23 Rainbow Blue platy babies to rehome for good deal in case anyone is interested. And plants.

And maybe some blue blue/grey Cherry shrimp. MTS and Ramshorns and mystery snails, ivory and a few purple striped which will need to go.

My Blue gourami is bloated so I fed her a few little grains of Epsom salt and treated the tank with some too. That ought to green up the plants!

Going to move numerous handfuls of Salvinia Minima and a little interspersed Duckweed into my pond for the Koi and Gold fish.

Plotting the location for their yet to be built, built-in new pond home. Having a hard time deciding the type of set up.

Think I will be going for Water feature rock spilling underground into pond. A side thought is to make the "rock" a filter too. Right now I have a trash can filter with an above ground pond liner thing which was a temporary set up. The trash can filter is hidden under a deck, but the new place is a different layout with no hiding place. :(

Doing some reading on pond building again! lol

Water change on my African cichlid tank or as I call it my tank of misfits.

Ahhh.... Nice, clean and clear!! :)

img_2462450_0_f949621bbf2420b1299d2b062a87799a.jpg

img_2462450_1_8e74b6dae9600cff563e7ba5ab112a57.jpg

Pictures for Bearchumjs

Here's pictures of the rescape I did today as mentioned above. Water still a little cloudy as didn't finish until 6pm this evening. Also here is a pic of my 16g guppy tank I rescaped yesterday. (took 6 hrs). I'm pleased with both now. Thanks for asking. OS.

Attachments

• DSCF0998.jpg
    DSCF0998.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF1002.jpg
    DSCF1002.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 93
Here's pictures of the rescape I did today as mentioned above. Water still a little cloudy as didn't finish until 6pm this evening. Also here is a pic of my 16g guppy tank I rescaped yesterday. (took 6 hrs). I'm pleased with both now. Thanks for asking. OS.

Looks real good!

Wow! Those look beautiful! I love the tetras tank you did today. It's amazing!

LOL I say thank you both as I rub my sore feet from standing at the tank all day and as my head starts to swell from the compliments. Take care & God bless. OS.

LOL I say thank you both as I rub my sore feet from standing at the tank all day and as my head starts to swell from the compliments. Take care & God bless. OS.

Sounds like the perfect circumstance to tip over (due to the weight of your head) into the easy chair and take a load off your feet!:ROFLMAO:

I added a rainbow shark aand a pairof mickey mouse platys to my
Molly tank :) aling with bout 10 ghost shrimp

Did a complete search for ramshorn eggs. Only found 6 patches.

A spring must be in the air....Big mama, my red guppy dropped about 30 fry....And Loki and Anne, my bettas in the breeding tank are mating as I type... hopefully this brood will survive. The baby Japanese neon blue guppies are turning blue now. All the plants from Peabody's are planted and coming out of shipping shock. RCS from Majbarsalona are eating and looking good. And the 2 marbled crays are no where to be seen at the moment( saw em both last night) It is a good day after a rough weekend with a sick betta....he didn't make it :nono:

98kshooter said:
A spring must be in the air....Big mama, my red guppy dropped about 30 fry....And Loki and Anne, my bettas in the breeding tank are mating as I type... hopefully this brood will survive. The baby Japanese neon blue guppies are turning blue now. All the plants from Peabody's are planted and coming out of shipping shock. RCS from Majbarsalona are eating and looking good. And the 2 marbled crays are no where to be seen at the moment( saw em both last night) It is a good day after a rough weekend with a sick betta....he didn't make it :nono:

I didn't know you have marbled crays too! I love mine.

I did water changes in most of my tanks last night. About to re release my female in my betta spawning tank now. She was in heavy hiding mode before I went to bed so I put her back in the vase to spend the night safely.

Back
Top Bottom