What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a 30% water change on the 55. I pinched off some of the tops of the water wisteria, and picked off any dead leaves on the plants. It was my first time using seachem Prime water conditioner. I took off the little tetra pump. I don't need it. I'll save it for a hospital/qt tank. I organized all my fish food and water conditioners. I flipped my background around again. I was just not digging the "ocean" scene for a freshwater tank.

Bubbles, I love your nursery tank.

I did a 50% water change on my 75 gallon. This weekend, I'll tear down the canister and give the housing and biomedia a good rinsing..... :D

Thanks LyndaB! I re arranged it like a bazillion Ike's before I was happy. Everyone we go to a home improvement store I ask my dad for another mini pot ( there like $0.30 each so he would buy them all for me if I asked for them)

Water change in nursery tank, fed teachers fish, fed my fish, fed my fish some more because they are so funny the way they eat, wrote my fish list ( birthday fish wish list) of supplies and fish for my tanks, and Seriously considered the work and time a 30 gallon angelfish breeder tank would cost me, decided it was worth it because they are gorgeous! Now to my best friend CL to find a stand.....

Added a floating betta log to Alfred's tank. He is already hanging out in it. Also got a zebra snail for the tank, but have a horrible feeling I may have killed him. The bag fell off the counter and onto the carpet. It didn't open, so maybe he was cushioned. I semi drip acclimated him - put him in a cup with LFS water, then topped up slowly with tank water. Dumped half of it, and topped up slowly with tank water. Then picked him up and put him in Alfred's tank. he hasn't moved yet though, so I am worried.

Attachments

• image-2299968782.jpg
    image-2299968782.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 86
I added my marble wrasse to the dt from qt and got 2 new frags. A single headed trumpet and a free millapora!

smomus said:
Oh that's really kind of sad. Dope up the bettas :(
I watched a worker change the water one time and it was changed with more blue water. I wondered if it had some kind of food in it too. Reminded me of water with miracle grow in it. Didn't think then to ask what was in it, just assumed it was food.
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic... :)

In most places it is just blue dye, which is used to keep them from being stressed out by seeing all the other Bettas in the cups around them. It's a good thing that the water is blue.

I fed the fish and realized the light in my 5 gallon is messed up. The bulb part detatched from the screw in part. My boyfriend got it out and now I just have to replace the bulb.

Alyxx said:
In most places it is just blue dye, which is used to keep them from being stressed out by seeing all the other Bettas in the cups around them. It's a good thing that the water is blue.

Ooh that makes since! Not medication just so they can't see the others! Brilliant!

I really didn't want to do a wc but checked my levels regardless. My nitrates were a little elevated in both betta tanks so alas I did one. Fed every one. Now time for bed..

Finally got the baby chocolates moved, the sp rubys moved to a new tank(s), topped off a few, made up some repashy not sure what else will be done since I've got work today put did putt around and get a few things done

Shay said:
Finally got the baby chocolates moved, the sp rubys moved to a new tank(s), topped off a few, made up some repashy not sure what else will be done since I've got work today put did putt around and get a few things done

Chocolate gouramis?

i added a power head to my tank, get my co2 all set up (still having a hard time figuring out how i want to diffuse it), fed my fish :)

looking into what fish i want to get next ( i need to up my schools)

and watched the last episode of TANKED :) and promised my fish someday they will have a large awesome aquarium (with live plants, not the fake stuff they put in all their tanks)

Water tests on Jupiter's 5 gallon. Everything is good, bar a wee bit of ammonia (0.1). Did a 50% water change. Was a couple days overdue anyway.

Ammonia test only on main tank. Still at 0.1 in spite of pwc yesterday. Did another today. Maybe test again later.

Frozen bloodworms for fishy dinners tonight.

Yesterday, I got AquaPlanner from iTunes and started to fill it in, so I recorded my tests in it today. Like it so far, though I told it to tell me to do pwc and tests today at 5 and it didn't .... Wonder what step I missed.

Google shopped for black sand options in Victoria.

That's all she wrote for today.

Made the mistake a few months ago of trying to break up the black Eco complete with white in a certain area...my blood parrots decided they didn't like it and spread it everywhere..I have been picking 5lb of gravel out pebble by pebble for months..got about 1lb out tonight...some more to go..lesson learned! Wish there was a easier way...besides burying it or replacing everything.

I just moved my 5 cobra endlers from my 5 gal to my 55 gal. My momma ghost shrimp is giving birth right now and I did a 75% pwc on the 5 gal. I'm going to get a new betta this weekend.

I moved my suspected carnation pigeon discus pair to it's own tank this morning and they'd spawned just a few hours ago :D

Back
Top Bottom