What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4000th post on this thread?

Got shrimp yesterday from an LFS. 3 cherries and 2 amanos. Yes I am going to order from members on this forum but wanted to get something in the tank.
They are interesting creatures. When are amano shrimp NOT looking for something to eat?

Sorry 3201st post. I can't count.

Had a dream last night and 2 things happened:
A. That my male Bolivian ram died.
B. I found Bolivian ram fry in my 29.

I'll be doing a pwc on both tanks later and my ram is still alive this morning. Haven't found any fry though lol.

Water changes on the 29g and my 10g QT. Ich treatment is going well in the main tank, spots are all gone, just keeping up the heat to make sure it's all dead. Will be getting either some cardinal or neon tetras and a few otos and tossing them into QT in the next week or so.

Water changes on the 29g and my 10g QT. Ich treatment is going well in the main tank, spots are all gone, just keeping up the heat to make sure it's all dead. Will be getting either some cardinal or neon tetras and a few otos and tossing them into QT in the next week or so.

Do you have softer water under 7 or over 7? I love the Cardinals!!! but better in stable, established tank right around or under 7pH. See if you can locate tank raised ones, they tend to do better, survive, eat, transition better than the wild caught ones. Quarantine is a smart way to do it!

Do you have softer water under 7 or over 7? I love the Cardinals!!! but better in stable, established tank right around or under 7pH. See if you can locate tank raised ones, they tend to do better, survive, eat, transition better than the wild caught ones. Quarantine is a smart way to do it!
I'm not sure what the hardness of my water is - I just ordered test kits for hardness and phosphates to monitor levels, having just moved into the realm of high tech planted tanks, but from what i've read rummynose are just as sensitive as cardinals, so I'm guessing my water can't be too hard.

Lost one of my two blue rams tonight. The other one disappeared this past week. I was out of town all week. Also lost my gold mystery email today, it was in a different tank.

Lost one of my two blue rams tonight. The other one disappeared this past week. I was out of town all week. Also lost my gold mystery email today, it was in a different tank.

So sorry to hear about your little guys. Did you figure out what happened. It is sad, and frustrating when there isn't anything you can do, like when you are out of town.

Large pwc on my elephant nose tank, filters and impeller cleaned. Added more plants all done for another 4 days :)

Moved my tank around, I still need to find things to add but I found some rocks and a good piece of slate, added that today

image-1995368131.jpg

image-3813250303.jpg

image-3937060361.jpg

Makes for a good cover for tailless's spot.

I'm looking for a new home for this piece:

image-3473176387.jpg

Message me for offers or questions.

Thanks guys.

Spent mothers day with my grandparents. My grandmother sits at the kitchen table and yells/fuss at the fish in the 55

ForumRunner_20130512_213907.jpg

Moved my tank around, I still need to find things to add but I found some rocks and a good piece of slate, added that today

Makes for a good cover for tailless's spot.

I'm looking for a new home for this piece:

Message me for offers or questions.

100x's better ;)

Last night I spent a couple hours emptying 5 gal buckets of their snail inhabitants and picking through sand for teensy tiny Florida native trumpet snails, so as to not mix them with the MTS.....dividing a bunch of Ramshorns by color groups into different tanks to keep the colors good.

Added plants back into the tank that had Ich as it seems to have disappeared, but I am still on quarantine for another week or so to be sure.

Spent a few minutes looking at my 72G puzzle tank, what is going on with it??? My bloated Gourami, and what steps, I should take next.

Thinking I will need to take the 23 or there abouts baby Rainbow Blue Platy to the local store to trade them in.

Also the 30+ Mystery snails as well...

Need to sell a BUNCH of plants in my last two buckets and the overload from my other tanks.

Found some nice medium bright blue OEBT for sale locally for a reasonable price so will be getting at least 12, but they will be babies 1/3 inch.

The ones available from the online seller are just not right color, I emailed them and they said it was a lower grade shrimp than they had previously had. So will be buying locally instead, at least the local guy has more available now!!! Probably going to pick them up Friday!!! Happy Mother's Day for me!!! And a new 50lb bag of black sand for the 37G.

Going to pick out an awesome new metal Background for my 37 too, hopefully we can decide on one pattern we both like. Its going to look amazing, I just know it!

Well schedule changed, no backgrounds today.

Went to the local fish store to SEE what they had, and found something really neat!!!

Sundadanio axelrodi, "Blue"/ aka Rasbora Sundadanio axelrodi "blue", or Rasbora axelrodi "Blue".

They get 3/4 inch long and are kind of Charcoal with the amazing blue stripe.

I put them in my Edge 6.6G and there are 3 b. Brigittae Rasbora Chilis in there. The lfs was out of Chilis, still :(.

Daughter bought these for me and they are hanging out by themselves in the tank, looks like a male and a female.

Lfs said they come in on occasion, and they add them to the order every time but they don't come in too often. They really add a lovely flash of blue color in the tank!!! Wish I had 8 more.

Pwc on Betta tanks.

Here is a great video (not mine) you can see how great they will look! This is from Eden Marel. She has beautiful stuff!

Well schedule changed, no backgrounds today.

Went to the local fish store to SEE what they had, and found something really neat!!!

Sundadanio axelrodi, "Blue"/ aka Rasbora Sundadanio axelrodi "blue", or Rasbora axelrodi "Blue".

They get 3/4 inch long and are kind of Charcoal with the amazing blue stripe.

I put them in my Edge 6.6G and there are 3 b. Brigittae Rasbora Chilis in there. The lfs was out of Chilis, still :(.

Daughter bought these for me and they are hanging out by themselves in the tank, looks like a male and a female.

Lfs said they come in on occasion, and they add them to the order every time but they don't come in too often. They really add a lovely flash of blue color in the tank!!! Wish I had 8 more.

Pwc on Betta tanks.

Pic's please! Love to see them :)

Had a TERRIBLE fish day. Still battling illness with my giant clown loach, still bummed out at the death of my baby clown loach.... Did about 75% WC on that tank and decided to move my loach to a makeshift nursing home. Put my betta in the glass 2.5 gallon tank, and used his 5 gallon to make the nursing home. Did some switching up of heaters and rigging of airstones and valves, added the loach's favorite hiding cave and some sand, and tank is now settling until tomorrow. Dumped about 4 gallons of water all over my living room floor in the process.
Here's where it gets good. Went to put the glass tops back on to my 110 gallon, and they flipped out of my hand and smashed in the side of that little 2.5 gallon tank that I had just put the betta in. It immediately spewed all that water all over my counter and my kitchen floor. SAVED THE BETTA THOUGH!!! He lived in his original betta cup for a few hours, and my hubby went to wal mart for something and came back with a little round 3.5 gallon setup to put the betta in until he can have his home back(I think he felt bad because I was leaning on my 110 crying because I'm having a bad day, lol). What a day.
First picture is the sick loach, second is my smashed 2.5, and the last one is the Betta's hotel room.

Attachments

• image-488387546.jpg
    image-488387546.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-4027688144.jpg
    image-4027688144.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2031315123.jpg
    image-2031315123.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 83
Had a TERRIBLE fish day. Still battling illness with my giant clown loach, still bummed out at the death of my baby clown loach.... Did about 75% WC on that tank and decided to move my loach to a makeshift nursing home. Put my betta in the glass 2.5 gallon tank, and used his 5 gallon to make the nursing home. Did some switching up of heaters and rigging of airstones and valves, added the loach's favorite hiding cave and some sand, and tank is now settling until tomorrow. Dumped about 4 gallons of water all over my living room floor in the process.
Here's where it gets good. Went to put the glass tops back on to my 110 gallon, and they flipped out of my hand and smashed in the side of that little 2.5 gallon tank that I had just put the betta in. It immediately spewed all that water all over my counter and my kitchen floor. SAVED THE BETTA THOUGH!!! He lived in his original betta cup for a few hours, and my hubby went to wal mart for something and came back with a little round 3.5 gallon setup to put the betta in until he can have his home back(I think he felt bad because I was leaning on my 110 crying because I'm having a bad day, lol). What a day.
First picture is the sick loach, second is my smashed 2.5, and the last one is the Betta's hotel room.

Wow, you have had a bad day!:bawl: - can completely understand. I am sorry for the loss of the baby Clown. I am having problems with a tank too, and lots of other issues recently...:blink: It is so hard when things pile on top of each other!

Tomorrow is another day! I hope it is a better one for you and yours!:flowers:

Aww soo sry hate to read about loses like that..

Yesterday I had a somewhat bad day in general. Went to get showered or work and for some reason the electricity went out sun was shining no wind blowing.. well of course it came on soon enough but my 1 of my hob filters didnt its acting like the motor was fried its not even a year old im soo mad. Ill have to try n see exactly whats wrong n mayb replace parts or us this as a excuse to upgrade ..

On a positive note my nyererei is holding again

Back
Top Bottom