What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you have had a bad day!:bawl: - can completely understand. I am sorry for the loss of the baby Clown. I am having problems with a tank too, and lots of other issues recently...:blink: It is so hard when things pile on top of each other!

Tomorrow is another day! I hope it is a better one for you and yours!:flowers:

It is a new day! Unfortunately I don't think my loach is going to make it through the end of today. :( I'm so upset. Everything I have done to try and make him better hasn't helped and seems like its only made him worse. Maybe he is just old and there's nothing I can do? He's about 7 inches long, so he's probably up there in years? Sigh. Back to water changes and pond maintenance!

It is a new day! Unfortunately I don't think my loach is going to make it through the end of today. :( I'm so upset. Everything I have done to try and make him better hasn't helped and seems like its only made him worse. Maybe he is just old and there's nothing I can do? He's about 7 inches long, so he's probably up there in years? Sigh. Back to water changes and pond maintenance!

I'm sorry to hear.

I think they can get much bigger than that but wouldn't have to be.

That is so hard.

My Phosphate and GH/KH test kits came today! Phosphates are right where I want them between 1 and 2ppm, and surprisingly to me my water is 2 dkH and 53.7 ppm GH - perfect for my rummys and future cardinals!

Way to go Tarheel!

Changed water in my extra plant buckets and started reorganizing and sorting my fish stuff to put up on a new shelf, maybe making it easier to get to everything. HOPE!

Also moved tanks and LR furniture around for better traffic flow and better places for the small planted bowls and hope to move the OEBT shrimp from the 2.5G (now that they are big enough to see, lol) into the 6.6G Edge tank this afternoon.

Now maybe I will really find out how many I have, catching them, one by one. I know there are 7, and I think there are 9. They look a lot alike, and move around so much, and since there are so many hiding places, I haven't really found out yet!!!

Doing my morning feeding and a head count to make sure all are still there i noticed i have another female holding .. looks like nyererei n albino ob zebra fry are in my near future... well until my comps get them anyway...hopefully ill be home to see nature take its course this time

Ordered some plants today for my 65 gallon, also spent some time this morning trying to get my lights to turn on and off on a timer at the same time between my two tanks

Well this has been an eventful week to say the least.. i have a broken syphon for the gravel cleaner i bought for my smaller tanks , crawfish that wont eat their apparent "pet snails" each crawfish has 1 snail that shares its cave.. :/ my whole light fixture in the 10g blew out completely, 1 of my bettas is eating his tail so im gonna buy a new tank for him, and im having to do water changes with a bucket and a cup for my 10g n 20g until i can get to town and replace the syphon... oh n i didnt win the louisiana powerball :( (ddnt figure i would though) that was all just todays events ...im ready for the weekend hopefully things will get better :)

Well this has been an eventful week to say the least.. i have a broken syphon for the gravel cleaner i bought for my smaller tanks , crawfish that wont eat their apparent "pet snails" each crawfish has 1 snail that shares its cave.. :/ my whole light fixture in the 10g blew out completely, 1 of my bettas is eating his tail so im gonna buy a new tank for him, and im having to do water changes with a bucket and a cup for my 10g n 20g until i can get to town and replace the syphon... oh n i didnt win the louisiana powerball :( (ddnt figure i would though) that was all just todays events ...im ready for the weekend hopefully things will get better :)

My crawfish usually let the snails live for a few weeks, then they'd kill them. Lol. I hope you have an awesome weekend. :)

I'm cycling so I did a massive water change to get the nitrites down to a readable level. In spite of the cycle, my hitchiker bladder snails are hard at work and doing what they do. I found two new snail egg clusters on my dwarf saggitaria.

My crawfish have had them for atleast 2 mths... :/ i have even saw them crawling on the crawfish without the blues moving are anything lol

Lol. That's funny! I would consider that lucky. I wanted my snails to survive so bad. I final stopped trying. What kind of snails are in there?

You want snails???? I can't get rid of them! I would love it if my clown loaches would just finish them off once and for all....

Lol. Well, I've only ever bought mystery snails and they've never reproduced. So, I don't have the standard snail hatred that most aquarium keepers have. It's probably just a matter of time.

You want snails???? I can't get rid of them! I would love it if my clown loaches would just finish them off once and for all....

Well, I got them so I'm making the best of it. Besides they are eating dead plant matter, algae, and doing a great job of keeping things clean. For now I like watching them snail around. This joy of snails is subject to change with time, lol.

Did an over due pwc an my 3G WCMM planted bowl/jar.

Am about to put away the rest of the aquarium stuff on my new shelf, that will make the hubby happy, lol.

Hubby said he wants two matching Edge tanks in the TV/stereo tower units, which flank the TV, BELOW the electronic components.... I am the fish person, and I think he went off the deep end LOLOLOLOL... In theory it will fit well and look awesome, but the application of keeping it in good condition and doing pwc could be a night mare:blink::huh::blink:

tank is appx 12x17" and the space opening is 15x22"

Either way, at his suggestion, I will keep looking for another great deal on a tank!!!:brows:

My crawfish have had them for atleast 2 mths... :/ i have even saw them crawling on the crawfish without the blues moving are anything lol

Maybe they're vegetarian?

I spent a while teaching my dog not to put his nose on the fish tanks. He is in love with my cories, I think. The problem is that he pushes his nose against the tank. Hard. It almost fell off the stand the first time he did it.

I also spent about an hour looking for shrimp fry. Didn't see any, but I'm holding out hope. And I poked at some driftwood that's been soaking. Surely that will help it sink? Poking it and frowning, I mean?

Most importantly though, I cleaned my new 55g in preparation for hardscaping. I couldn't bring myself to start rinsing sand in the bathtub because the house cleaners were here today. My husband ought to be able to see the house clean for at least ONE day. ;) Rinsing starts tomorrow though. I also put frosted window film on the back of it. It was a ton easier than I thought it would be and looks fantastic. I can't wait until tonight to see what it looks like with light behind it. And so it begins!

pankelephant said:
Maybe they're vegetarian?

I spent a while teaching my dog not to put his nose on the fish tanks. He is in love with my cories, I think. The problem is that he pushes his nose against the tank. Hard. It almost fell off the stand the first time he did it.

I also spent about an hour looking for shrimp fry. Didn't see any, but I'm holding out hope. And I poked at some driftwood that's been soaking. Surely that will help it sink? Poking it and frowning, I mean?

Most importantly though, I cleaned my new 55g in preparation for hardscaping. I couldn't bring myself to start rinsing sand in the bathtub because the house cleaners were here today. My husband ought to be able to see the house clean for at least ONE day. ;) Rinsing starts tomorrow though. I also put frosted window film on the back of it. It was a ton easier than I thought it would be and looks fantastic. I can't wait until tonight to see what it looks like with light behind it. And so it begins!

Oh no, the poking and frowning is a vital step in getting driftwood to sink. I'm sure of it! It has always seemed to work for me...

Found my first empty snail. I guess my fish finally realized they might have been bought for food!! And it was my skittish jack Dempsey. Lol I've had them longer then I thought though. But can I clean it out and put the shell in my African cichlid tank?

Also added a few more rocks, let me know what you think. I found all these colorful ones but idk if its too much rock color

image-2035758832.jpg

image-1247848806.jpg

image-405132104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom