What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just did a major clean on my 100 gallon tank today. I am embarrassed to say I have been really neglecting my tank lately. So I cleaned the filters and scraped down all the glass and then I rearranged my driftwood and some of my plants.

Awesome Vicdad99999, looks solid and like a good job! Is there a finish on it?

Cleaned the Bettas home and added my flame shaped DW back to the Edge tank! Took it out when I had the foam problem and so happy to see it in there is a little mini amazing space!

Oh I love that tank it is my favorite!!! Don't tell the 72G though...

Pretty sure I will be getting the 12G Edge next. Just have to wait for the right deal!

Took pics on someone elses phone and they look great. Have to wait to load them and I need to delete a bunch from my albums to make room for new ones, but will post when I can!!!:cool:

My husband says we are all Gill Nuts.. other times he says Aquarium Addicts.. because once he saw it said (welcome to AA)

I always say we are Aquarium Addicts too...lol

Hi my name is Kristian and im an addict i bought another tank today but ifs only a 5g so does it really count... i mean whats 5 gallons of water ...lol are you really an addict if your in denial ;)

Well obviously i bought a 5g ^^^^
I drug my mom to town tonight to grab the last one available for a sale price.. Came with a internal filter which hopefully isnt to bad since my betta isnt crazy about current which i can add it to the 10g bc that betta loves current..

Crawfish still not eating their food but they are playing with it :/ saw one just crawling over the snails to get to its plant mayb just mayb they will realize they are food ..

It is, but I've already had to reseal one corner already and now another so I'm just thinking I'll replace it with a new tank eventually. I also no longer have a tank to temporarily house my fish since that is now a planted community tank. And the cichlids would just kill my fish in that tank.

I had to let mine go last month. Same thing (caught the leak before any damage happened) so I feel for you, especially the resealing, but I was able to have it about eight months with very few problems.

Moving baby snails as they get bigger to a smaller tank, and am watching another mystery snail clutch come along. Mts are multiplying so fast I need to have a giveaway lol.

I had to let mine go last month. Same thing (caught the leak before any damage happened) so I feel for you, especially the resealing, but I was able to have it about eight months with very few problems.

Moving baby snails as they get bigger to a smaller tank, and am watching another mystery snail clutch come along. Mts are multiplying so fast I need to have a giveaway lol.

Cut back on feeding...and RAOK time!!!

Oh and I cleaned my 72G - moved a million little plants and gobs of Java Moss, unclogged the intake for the Fluval FX-5, scooped out a zillion floating plants. Vac-d the substrate.

Captured about 40 mystery snails to get shipped out next week.

Moved a few things around, just a little. Peeled bark of of part of my DW the snails hadn't ate yet. now it is a brilliant orange color, too bad it just turns brown in a few weeks.

Made a huge mess, and have a 5G bucket full of left overs, now we are at bucket #4.

Last edited:
Got my plants from darkseid76
He packed them carefully but the mail was not kind. Hope they all survive! Put them in the 65g looks promising. (even if a couple die it was water sprite.... I will soon have my tank overrun with it...... Thanks darkseid76)

More plants!!

image-3682724196.jpg

image-3876563663.jpg

But who else thinks I should put the amazon sword in the middle, where the Anubis nana is?

Once that sword grows it would look great in the middle behind the driftwood.

And I'd move the moss ball forward.

An aside: just posted an RAOK in the classifieds

Yea I've had this tank for about 7 years so I got some good use out of it. And I didn't pay for it so that makes it a little easier to swallow. Got it on even trade for a 55 I had because the people were moving and needed to downsize

I did a large w/c on my 15 in preparation for a 4-day weekend away. I've decided to let the fish go without food during that time - I've heard so many horror stories about auto-feeders gone bad. I also rearranged stuff and discovered that my lights don't work on the timer - they turn off, but only the red LEDs come back on. This is annoying. Yay extra lights though.

Been having troubles with my filter flow - the fish hate the spray bar turned upward, but you should see the junk that gets blown around! And turned any other way, there's just not enough movement to keep the tank clean. Clearly I needed to change something. I decided to move the intake and outflow to the same side and remove the spray bar altogether. The difference is amazing. It's great circulation but not enough to bother anyone. And the tank was clear w/in 15 minutes of the w/c. Yay!

I'm also anubias-challenged. Supposedly there are ways to tie them to rocks, but the method eludes me. Instead, I bought some small oak dowels from the hardware store and glued them in an X. Then I tied the plants to that (sooo much easier) and buried it in the substrate, except the crown, of course.

Finally, I stared at both my tanks. I can't plant the 55g because I'll be away more than home for the next 2 weeks. And I wanted to add some neon tetras to the 15, but can't for the same reason. So I must wait. I hate waiting.

I did a large w/c on my 15 in preparation for a 4-day weekend away. I've decided to let the fish go without food during that time - I've heard so many horror stories about auto-feeders gone bad. I also rearranged stuff and discovered that my lights don't work on the timer - they turn off, but only the red LEDs come back on. This is annoying. Yay extra lights though.

Been having troubles with my filter flow - the fish hate the spray bar turned upward, but you should see the junk that gets blown around! And turned any other way, there's just not enough movement to keep the tank clean. Clearly I needed to change something. I decided to move the intake and outflow to the same side and remove the spray bar altogether. The difference is amazing. It's great circulation but not enough to bother anyone. And the tank was clear w/in 15 minutes of the w/c. Yay!

I'm also anubias-challenged. Supposedly there are ways to tie them to rocks, but the method eludes me. Instead, I bought some small oak dowels from the hardware store and glued them in an X. Then I tied the plants to that (sooo much easier) and buried it in the substrate, except the crown, of course.

Finally, I stared at both my tanks. I can't plant the 55g because I'll be away more than home for the next 2 weeks. And I wanted to add some neon tetras to the 15, but can't for the same reason. So I must wait. I hate waiting.

My fish went 7 days without food last summer. They'll be fine!

Topped off all tanks today added the internal filter to the 10g to get it ready for the 5g which ill prolly swap the pads from my 20g filter and some decor

Just bid on 40 red cherry shrimp for $10 and a small shipping fee.. so excited hope i win them ;) although its alittle more then i wanted couldnt pass up the offer gonna share them with a friend

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed. Woke up this morning to find my butterfly pleco dead :( I'm gutted really liked this guy. Don't know what happened.

thanks Autumnsky, no finish, just sanded it before taking a pic. Cant wait to set it up. have to setup a different tank to move fish over to drain that one and replace it with the 120 though:( as my floor is all uneven im gonna have to spend some time shimming and leveling it.

Took some photosvof my bettas since i rigged a light up.. moving the tail biter possibly tomorrow to his new home .. noticed his bruising from his jump is healing up alot

Flash

ForumRunner_20130523_134058.jpg

Lightening
ForumRunner_20130523_134107.jpg

Got outbid alot on the red cheelrry sakura shrimp and its just getting to rich for my blood so im not looking for some if anyone is selling them .. some nerite snails would be great too and even some type of moss got led lights on 1 tank n the other has a twist lamp for now gonna buy a different bulb thn the 60wyatt regular one thats on it now

Shellyx OOOOhhhhhhhh No, I am crying with you, a terrible loss, so heartbreaking, I know you loved him! I am soooo sorry. I understand. To wonder what happened...

kJacks - Envious of your beautiful colored Betta Flash. I have buckets of Java Moss haven't posted it yet and a few other things to list just been so busy, pm me.

Back
Top Bottom