What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Autumnsky still can't believe it :(
50 % clean on my bettas tank and found a baby blue apple snail which must off came in off my plants! Poor betta now he has another snail to put up with :)

I set up a 3g for a female betta named Mercedes today!! she is loving the space!! yesterday I set up a 3g for a a male named Maddux (the boy in my avatar)!! he has a terra cotta pot cave that he loves, he slept in it last night!! he is so darn cute!!

I also went to goodwill to see if they had any lights for one of my 3g tank (its really a critter keeper so it didn't come with a light). I ended up with a 10g tank, it didn't come with anything not even a lid but, it was only $5... I did get a nice lamp for $3 so all is good!!

I run out of conditioner pretty fast and its really expensive where I live so I filled the 10g with water, a 1g with water and a small container thats probably 3gs with water. I put them in my closet to sit for a few days so I don't need conditioner... I don't have any water changes until next friday so do you guys think a week is long enought for the water to sit?

To Jessicafish,
Years ago, before they had chlorine removers, we would put our new water in a tub with a small heater and air pump/stone for 24 hrs. With aeration, chlorine will be out of the water in 24 hrs. I've done hundreds of water changes this way and never had a problem.
OS.

I set up a 3g for a female betta named Mercedes today!! she is loving the space!! yesterday I set up a 3g for a a male named Maddux (the boy in my avatar)!! he has a terra cotta pot cave that he loves, he slept in it last night!! he is so darn cute!!

I also went to goodwill to see if they had any lights for one of my 3g tank (its really a critter keeper so it didn't come with a light). I ended up with a 10g tank, it didn't come with anything not even a lid but, it was only $5... I did get a nice lamp for $3 so all is good!!

I run out of conditioner pretty fast and its really expensive where I live so I filled the 10g with water, a 1g with water and a small container thats probably 3gs with water. I put them in my closet to sit for a few days so I don't need conditioner... I don't have any water changes until next friday so do you guys think a week is long enough for the water to sit?

Water conditioners CAN do more than remove the chlorine which as OS mentioned will neutralize, but there are heavy metals in the water as well and some cities use Chloramine which is worst than the chlorine, also takes additional water conditioner to neutralize. You can call the water company and ask about these things in your water, they generally are happy to help.

Maybe ordering online will be less costly. The most recommended water conditioner is Prime.

Cleaned it sucked up some fry and then removed them from the bucket and put in a separate tank all but 1 were this small . Tank is just over 2 weeks old and already my long fun danios are making babies .

Majority this small

image-3198690442.jpg

1 this big 4-6x the size

image-2255331363.jpg

did 90% water change before refilled back with water and add Levamiso HCL for treating the stupid internal parasite that I'm experiencing. Fingers crossed on the treatment

Also removed my giant decoration as It was holding down alot of gunk under it and made it a hassle to clean around !

image-152416111.jpg

It looked nice and all and provided good hiding it was just a little large for this tank ...

Found rising levels of ammonia after my wc/rearrangement yesterday. Last night the test was faintly green. This morning - 0.5 ppm. So instead of going to Maine for a long, secluded weekend with my husband, I've been dealing with my tank. :(

I think I found the source of the problem. I used to have shrimp. I no longer have shrimp. But my filter had the remains of lots of shrimp. So I cleaned my filter (in tank water, I was just trying to get the solids out), cleaned out all my filter tubing, and did a 75% wc + sand vac. Everyone looks happy - we'll see what the tests say in an hour.

On the plus side, I found a baby snail that must have hitched a ride on some plants. I'm 99% that its a mystery snail, which makes me happy - a friend for Fred (my other mystery snail).

Stared and stared and stared some more....figuring out what shape my perfect piece of driftwood needs to be. I have several online sources saved for driftwood. But I would like to find my own.....and then stared some more:popcorn:

Added 3 new fish to the tank.. a male orange fancy guppy, male black molly, and female orange platy
So now my 20g high is overstocked officially but will later be getting rid of two of my female dalmations.

2 koi platy ( male, female)
1 female orange platy
5 female dalmation mollys
1 male black molly
3 assorted female guppies
2 assorted fancy male guppies

And my cleanup crew 7 ghost shrimp

Well im waiting on the hubby so i can go shop at (insert big chain store) for there memorial day sale im getting new filters for my betta tanks , looking for different decor for crawfish and betta tanks ...

Purchased 20 painted rcs , 10 nerites, and lots of plants.. waiting on a price quote for some ramshorns now gonna get some purple and leopard... gonna see how much i like them n might add some red ;)

Got rid of some excess food and need to go through the rest and.see what i can ditch gonna use all the sales this weekend to stock up on 4 legged children an water babies foods and maintence products.. ooh looking like the hubby is getting lots of comics and basketball cards maybe he wont notice all the new goodies ;)

Had some time this morning before bolting out the door.

Changed the water AGAIN in my Bettas 2.5G bowl, and did it a couple days ago just a quick change, it looked a little cloudy, but after two days didn't get better, so I did another quick change and saw the problem, all the snail poo! I added a handful of Ramshorn snails in there when I was changing the tanks around before and there was sooo much poop :eek:. Redid it AGAIN and cleaned the substrate and got out the gunky poos!! Looks beautiful now like it should!!!

Found a dead Cardinal, it was looking a little pale the last couple of days while the rest looked gorgeous like they normally do. Hope it was a one only issue!:blink:

Decided to do a pwc on my bettas tank, looks like i have planaria in there! Nice and clean for another four days or earlier lol

Found 4 guppy fry at about 2 am :) going to do a pwc in a lil while and hopefully more will come out of hiding.

Decided to do a pwc on my bettas tank, looks like i have planaria in there! Nice and clean for another four days or earlier lol

I hate them....hope i dont get any with these bettas... just cleared up some n my 125g since they didnt like the food ot wasnt eaten and blended n with the sand :(

Setup my 5g for my betta flash waiting for water to clear some before he gets added...

Looked at gettin some cholla cactus wood to add in my tanks

I hate them....hope i dont get any with these bettas... just cleared up some n my 125g since they didnt like the food ot wasnt eaten and blended n with the sand :(

Setup my 5g for my betta flash waiting for water to clear some before he gets added...

Looked at gettin some cholla cactus wood to add in my tanks

I really hate them! Even thinking of changing my substrate and giving the tank a good clean. They're driving me nuts :)

Back
Top Bottom