What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Removing Chlorine and Chloramine

Water conditioners CAN do more than remove the chlorine which as OS mentioned will neutralize, but there are heavy metals in the water as well and some cities use Chloramine which is worst than the chlorine, also takes additional water conditioner to neutralize. You can call the water company and ask about these things in your water, they generally are happy to help.

Maybe ordering online will be less costly. The most recommended water conditioner is Prime.

Hello Autumn...

Was reading a 1985 Tetra Press book called "Maintaining a Healthy Aquarium". I'm an old school water keeper and still use most of the old approaches. Anyway, in the section on chlorine and chloramine, I found the following:

"Chloramine can be removed either by aerating the water for a much longer period than is usually required to disperse chlorine (between two and five days, depending on circumstances) or by using a chlorine remover together with a zeolite or zeolite/carbon filter."

Not sure I'd want to go the trouble of aerating a bucket of tap water for 5 days, guess it's much easier to use a remover in liquid or powder.

Just a thought.

B

Pwc change and filter clean on my elephant nose tank Added a coconut cave with Anubias attached to it for my bnp to hide in, hopefully he'll use it :)

Got off work early so I decided to do some water changes in the double 55's the 110 and 75. All fishes happy and hungry as always!

Attachments

• image-2528176035.jpg
    image-2528176035.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-4269473874.jpg
    image-4269473874.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 52
New guys along with updated pics:

image-459389639.jpg

image-1687029752.jpg

image-174093723.jpg

image-146154027.jpg

image-117585418.jpg

image-2170135434.jpg

image-2754563750.jpg

image-3387399932.jpg

image-242344833.jpg

image-938771457.jpg

I never see peacock cichlids around here. I couldn't resist. I'm assuming that's what the purple and orange one is. I was nervous about putting him and the lab in my tank but they do great! And def glad they do.

I never see peacock cichlids around here. I couldn't resist. I'm assuming that's what the purple and orange one is. I was nervous about putting him and the lab in my tank but they do great! And def glad they do.

Very nice. What type of catfish is that? I want one

Nice additions.

Getting my tank ready for my 12 new OEBT shrimp. Going to pick up tomorrow!

Getting some Notocyphus Moss to go with them and some Flame Moss cuttings. Pretty excited.

I wiped the front glass of my 55 freshwater river tank.

Did a 30%pwc on my 10 gal nano tank. Added a blue leg hermit, baby nassarius and marguerite snail. I wanted some cerith snails but they were out.

What is the black and yellow one kinda hidden by the rock? Like what i see just cant see enough to know what it is .. lol nice looking stock love the lace cat i wanted one for my tank but thought they were too big shoulda got one for the 125g

Havin a lazy day just fed my fish and dug the crawfish outta of hiding...lol she got mad at me and put her sand right back in place :)
Named them finally we have smurfette and hefty smurf lol

Back
Top Bottom