What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I removed a dead harlequin rasbora today :( It had ich, so I started treatment on my 15g column, took out the carbonated filter and put in one w/out carbon... I was hoping to save the fish and the bacteria in the carbonated filter, but it took a few days, so no more bacteria :( I have a penguin 150 so I still have the bio wheel and some ceramic media I added, but now my tank is in a mini-cycle :( :( I have to talk my family into a larger tank... My other fish seem to be doing okay so far (2 abino cories, 4 harlequin rasboras and a crowntail betta).

Played detective with my 46g. I wasn't liking the behavior of my 2 CAE's, they weren't hiding or running as usual. My 1st clue something was wrong was big boy laying on the plants near the top, highly unusual. Upon closer inspection he had very rapid gill movement, much more rapid than normal. I immediately tested the water 0 ammonia/nitrites, barely registering nitrates (lots of plants), hmmmm. Oh, could it be the meds I added a few days ago for my female Bettas? Of course it could. So I did an 80% water change a little bit ago & they are now both acting more themselves!! YAY, I love my CAE's. I think its time for their cucumber dinner.

Oh I also did my weekly water changes on 3 10g, a 5.5g, a 5g, a QT 2.5g housing a female Betta & set up another small QT tank to which I moved a VERY VERY bloated female Betta into. Phew, that's a lot . . . well it looks like a lot, I know its not as much as some fish keepers. Now get those CAE's their cucumber.

I'm back from Alaska and everything seems to be in order and ALIVE! Frazzled but alive. Did a 50% pwc on both tanks and will do another tomorrow.

On leave for a week so had my 3yo daughter "help" with a pwc.

Cleaned my internal filter and slowed the flow rate which seems to have satisfied the Angelfish. Bit worried that I don't have enough flow now because I don't really have good water agitation like I did before :ermm:

Want to go and get some more plants but so pricey :(

was just doing a water change on my 29 gallon, which has 4 convicts in it. I see over in the corner there's alot of movement, i thought they stirred up some fish poop or something. Nope. My convicts have spawned, I got convict fry!!!!! this was a huge surprise!!! this explains why two of them had been hiding under the power filter. and now that i'm paying attention, mom is not having anybody in that corner :brows:

how in the world did i miss this?

dscf2531g.jpg

Fed my betta fry freshly hatched brine shrimp and they went nuts! They loved it! So I started another hatch for them. Going to alternate the brine and the microworms til they are ready for crushed pellets.

Hi actually done this yesterday! I dismantled my shrimp tank and set up a larger one in its place:)a bigger shrimp rearing tank:DI have gone from a 23 litre to a 44 litre wow so much bigger:eek: I took out over two hundred shrimps and got £35 for them so put this towards there next tank and I found nearly two hundred still hiding in there old tank:eek:So new tank already overstocked:banghead:Oh well have to get an even bigger tank:lol:

I make a new 20 gallon for my Ex's pea puffer. He was in my community tank but after a few weeks sure enough got to fin-nipping my male half moon. At least he decimated the pond snail population while he was in there! Never did get my Ex to mow the lawn. lol

Well, one of the many things getting split :( but hey onwards and upwards!

I did a lot of water changes, going on vacation. I have 1 left to do, set up a 10 with nice dark Blue Pearl Shrimp. They are bordering on blue jelly blue. They are HOT! I also got a couple anubias, 1 Albino bristlenose, food, some guppy fry, sponge filter from me friend. She is awesome! I culled all adults from another tank and put them in my 29 gallon they are from my new breeding project. I have a new line going called Azure Blue. Hopefully they turn out nice.

In a little while I am having my boyfriend help do water changes on my 10 gallon betta tanks. Somehow I managed to throw my back out and I am pretty much useless, so he will be doing all the heavy lifting. My back is in knots and I think I pulled something in my chest from te way I had to work around my back pain at work today. Thankfully I got the big tanks done over the weekend!

Old Scales said:
So sorry Alyxx. Hope you get better. LOL Work that boyfriend for all it's worth! OS.

That's the plan! And thanks, I hope I get better soon, too! I wait tables for a living, and can't afford to call out, so working like this is killing me. Thankfully after tomorrow I have a couple days off to recuperate. Also thankfully I still have prescription strength Aleve and muscle relaxers from the last time I injured my back!

That's the plan! And thanks, I hope I get better soon, too! I wait tables for a living, and can't afford to call out, so working like this is killing me. Thankfully after tomorrow I have a couple days off to recuperate. Also thankfully I still have prescription strength Aleve and muscle relaxers from the last time I injured my back!

Get well soon! I know how debilitating back problems can be.

Fresh2o said:
Get well soon! I know how debilitating back problems can be.

Thanks. Yeah, my spine is all kinds of messed up. Forget the diagnosis but it's similar to scoliosis but instead of bends from side to side, the curvature of my spine is wrong from front to back. I just wish I knew what I did to it this time so I can avoid doing it again!

Hehe, about to see exactly how much help my man-slave -oops, I meant boyfriend- can be with two pwc's! Ugh I can't wait to move and have all of my tanks in reach of a python!

I removed a dead harlequin rasbora today :( It had ich, so I started treatment on my 15g column, took out the carbonated filter and put in one w/out carbon... I was hoping to save the fish and the bacteria in the carbonated filter, but it took a few days, so no more bacteria :( I have a penguin 150 so I still have the bio wheel and some ceramic media I added, but now my tank is in a mini-cycle :( :( I have to talk my family into a larger tank... My other fish seem to be doing okay so far (2 abino cories, 4 harlequin rasboras and a crowntail betta).

So sorry for your loss. Hope you are winning the ich war!

Moved my platy and guppy fry into their own 1.8g tank and they are loving the space! Also did a pwc on my community and did a little bit of vaccuuming up some of the leftover bottomfeeder tablets.. getting slimy and full of bacteria

Back
Top Bottom