What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take a look at what's going down over here!

Attachments

• image-3747216066.jpg
    image-3747216066.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3774804717.jpg
    image-3774804717.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 77
Today I got some test strips to test out my water and although not today I definitely plan to change my currently freshwater tank into a brackish water tank in the future.
If you can I recommend you get titration{liquid} test kits instead of strips. API test kits are good. Test strips are commonly inaccurate.

Yesterday i went to a big chain store that does not specialize in pets but does sell tropical fish. I always look but never buy here.

So as i was looking i noticed that the red parrot chiclids in the one tank were acting strange. So i looked closer. There wee probably 8 in a small tank and most of them were heavily covered in ick! Several were dead, and more probably die! Disgusted i went to the shelf and got a bottle of quick cure and wedged it in front of the tank. Then i found an associate Abe told him how disgusted i was and that they need to hurry and treat the fish! His reply was that he did not usually work with the fish but he would tell his manager.

Perfect reason that i never buy here! They don't care enough about the fish to take care of them much less train their staff in animal husbandry!

Fed all my tanks spinach this morning.. both bettas turned their noses up at it .. My africans luv it and it was the first time the newer ones had it .. they got brave n attacked my nyererei while his mouth was full n jacked his spinach...lol it was hilarious bc they are 2in n he is like 3 times their size

My mystery i have had for 3months it was tge size if a dime or smaller it has always stayed in the cave with my crawfish

IMG1271-1.jpg

Deep cleaned my Goldie tank this morning and discovered my black moors are covered in ich. Started treating them with medicine I had on hand from when my clown loaches had it (I grabbed some in case it spread to my other tanks). I didn't have any luck treating it last time (lost my loaches). I hope I can do better this time. :(

Attachments

• image-3269986379.jpg
    image-3269986379.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 78
I set up a 5 gallon tank for a new betta I got a couple days ago :) I would love to plant it! But I'm totally new and totally lost :( I've read up on easy plants like the ones listed here:
http://aquariadise.com/8-easy-aquarium-plants/

Also, the tank I have my betta in is the 5 gallon Glofish tank. I had Glofish in it but I moved them to a 10 gallon when I purchased my 25 gallon. I had a spare hood from a 1 gallon tank and put it on top of the 5 gallon instead of the blue LED it came with. It actually lights it up very nicely :) Although I'm concerned that the light is not suitable for plants... I wanted to get some hardy low light, low maintenance plants that would grow in gravel (if that's possible, idk). You can pm me if you have any good websites or tips or anything :) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image-3261663251.jpg
    image-3261663251.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 82
Hope to get a coat of clear on the canopy top I made for the 90 gallon community tank and a quick water change on my QT tank. Yardwork first since more rain is in the forcast. Going to be a busy night but still much better than holding the couch down.

Received my bamboo Shrimp today, after acclimating them they went in the tank and i haven't seen them since! Hopefully they'll be out tomorrow lol

Had quite a wc day:/ spilled I don't know how much water and the plastic gas station cup that I use to get the water into my bucket cracked. But I'm going to the LFS tonight, so if I do get any fish, I'll be sure to let y all know.

Received my bamboo Shrimp today, after acclimating them they went in the tank and i haven't seen them since! Hopefully they'll be out tomorrow lol

Ahhh. That's so awesome! I'm jealous! I want bamboo shrimp really bad! How big are they?

changed filter media on the 46 bow, 29 gallon and the 10 gallon grow-out.

water change on the 46 bow, and also started my rescape. been soaking/rinsing some mopani wood for over a month. I decided to remove all of my live plants, the colored fake plants look real nice, especially when the neon school are swimming about. my discus are a bit confused tho lol

moved the angels out of the 20H and back to the 55. my mating pair that's in the 55 will probably go in the 10 gallon for mating purposes. Maybe. the fish in the growout will go in the 20H when I do a WC/gravel vac and filter media change. then they will go to mom's 75.

Ahhh. That's so awesome! I'm jealous! I want bamboo shrimp really bad! How big are they?

They're around an inch, got up this morning and they're out Yay! I can see them one has more color he looks red I'll have to get pics :)

Back
Top Bottom