Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1771
Aquarium Advice Freak

Traded in my oscar today for a M. Johanni! Not the best deal but I don't care

Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #1772
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Busy day. Water change on both tanks. My mts are enjoying their last supper, my assassin snails were on the porch when I got home. Acclimated them for the 29 gallon and placed them all in the right front corner to check for DOAs. Within minutes, the welcome wagon had arrived, first the shrimp came to see what's going on, then both my rams came over and thought the snails were a snack. Interest was soon lost and by the time I was done with my water changes, a few brave souls were cruising around the tank. Mts, you are living on borrowed time....

Morning update: the assassins are winning. I believe I have one DOA. I'll check on it when I get home from work.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #1773
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did another coat of paint on my new tank, washed sand and did a PWC on my 55 gal
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #1774
Aquarium Advice Freak

Water changes on all three today (55,37,12). I finished putting together a water filter system that I pieced together from work. Though I'm still using prime, my thought on using these filters is to remove all the chlorine, and most of the heavy metals that might be in my local water. Having a long enough hose on the discharge side, I'm able to use it to fill the tanks back up. Worked like a charm. I was able to vacuum one tank while I was filling up the other. Plus the fill hose worked great to get anything that I couldn't reach with the vacuum up and floating so my filters could remove it. Overall, I'm pleased with it.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #1775

Bought 2 albino baby cories today .. pwc on the 20g n rehome the gbr to the 10g til tomorrow n i can see about replacing her with a different fish as she is killin my otos n tried killin my cories one by one..if not ill pull the 60g out n mayb put them in there n the ram back to the 20g.. my luck with fish has been horrible this week..
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #1776
Aquarium Advice Activist

Rescaped tank to make more hiding spots to accommodate group of rainbow sharks I've introduced to hopefully stop the dominant one stressing out the other of the two I acquired with my tank.
On a sad note, my GBR didn't make it through the mini cycle sparked by changing the substrate. Didn't even find any remains!! Think he must have been eaten!
I'll post some pics of the new scape tonight once water clears.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #1777
Aquarium Advice Freak

In the process of doing a deep cleaning on the 20g. I'm cleaning EVERYTHING!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #1778
Aquarium Advice FINatic

50% pwc on my 72. Moved some of the plants around and took a few rocks out to make room for more plants. Going to my first fish club swap meet tomorrow and I hear there are usually tons of people selling plants there.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #1779

Did a pwc on the 20g added some (fake plants) n a barrel decor piece the hubby wanted. Did bring the gbr back n got 2 green cories .. i wanna try n add some more hiding spots n plants then try again with the ram hopin for a better out come after more research n advice from others.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #1780
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Went to my first aquarium club swap meet. Got an apple snail 2 spare 6500k t5 bulbs for super cheap and got a bag of repashy super food. Can't wait to try it. Got the snail acclimating right now and he's trying to climb out of the bag.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com