What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a bad day already. Went to my LFS last night and walked out empty handed. 85% of the tanks were empty and those that were 'full' had had terrible looking fish. Went for Cory cats, found some emerald green ones and one had a chunk out of it's head. But I did see bolivian rams for $5! that's cheap for around here. Then this morning, I overslept my alarm by 15 minutes. And found one of my harliquine Rasboras had died.

had a minor electrical fire today started under my tanks , found the culprit a leaking cylinder on my skimmer pouring water all over , I had to kill the power in that room for about 5 hours till I got everything dried out , spent most of the day cleaning up not easy when your not feeling well , kemo does a number on me , anyway everything back up and running resealed the skimmer seams , weird the skimmer seams to run better now too , it just sucks how cheap they make everything these days

Are those real plants? Either way, I'm looking to get a crawfish for my 10g. What species do you have?

Nope well one is .. lol and i have some moss in there too the crawfish have torn them up pretty good they actually sit on the leaves so i made sure to add plenty they are the blue lobster ones ummm clarkiis (i think ill double check that for you but im sure thats what they are) got mine off of ebay for cheaper then i have found anywhere locally or online at that time..

Edit:

No i was wrong they are procambrus alleni .. i have breeding pair i wish i had a bigger tank i really like the dwarf orange crawfish which is my next project if i can make more room

had a minor electrical fire today started under my tanks , found the culprit a leaking cylinder on my skimmer pouring water all over , I had to kill the power in that room for about 5 hours till I got everything dried out , spent most of the day cleaning up not easy when your not feeling well , kemo does a number on me , anyway everything back up and running resealed the skimmer seams , weird the skimmer seams to run better now too , it just sucks how cheap they make everything these days
I am so very sorry.:(

considering my health I didn't need this to happen but the guy that has been doing maintenance to my tank some how found out and offered free of charge to replace all that was damaged
I don't know how he found out so fast ,think my wife called him
nothing that happen was his fault , was just cheap equipment that I was using
today he is supposed to come to do normal maintenance and replace all the damaged equipment , yes there are still good people in this world, I don't know how I can ever thank him for doing this for me .

Isn't there a GFCI or something that will kick off the power in case of an emergency? I have been away from saltwater for awhile, but I know salt and electricity do not mix, that's why you always should have safety measures in place so you don't get electrocuted and things like this can't happen. I hope you can get everything fixed.

I do use those GFI strips , that is what saved my home from going up in flames
I learned my lesson on buying cheap equipment , cheap is just that cheap

plan on having my home rewired in near future even though it wasn't faulty wiring
just cheap equipment that failed causing a flood and starting a small fire

maintenance guy pulled in can't wait to see what goodies he brought, looking out window it looks like a big box , looks like he's prepared for the mess

I do use those GFI strips , that is what saved my home from going up in flames
I learned my lesson on buying cheap equipment , cheap is just that cheap

plan on having my home rewired in near future even though it wasn't faulty wiring
just cheap equipment that failed causing a flood and starting a small fire

maintenance guy pulled in can't wait to see what goodies he brought, looking out window it looks like a big box , looks like he's prepared for the mess

I'm sure you will be in good hands. There are still good hearted people in the world.

I got 5.6lbs of live rock today:). And some salt! Now I'm getting RO/DI water. Starting my SW tank tonight:dance:
img_2517506_0_e228314830f511a53b8cf45ccd83038d.jpg

Ok everybody, did a re scape in anticipation of tomorrows (hopefully) new arrivals. Not real sure of what that will be. I ditched the fake log decor, I hated it from the day I bought it. Hey it was in the overstocked bin at petsmart and rang up $3! And I needed something. The root decor,on the other hand, I love it as well as the fish. After moving everything, I guess I have NO plants except what was on the dw that I moved in the corner. So aside from fish, I need plants too.

Attachments

• image-1342254137.jpg
    image-1342254137.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image-492796963.jpg
    image-492796963.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1934963270.jpg
    image-1934963270.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 108
Here's a couple of pics of my bamboo Shrimp i added to my elephant nose tank

Nice shrimp. Your elephant nose won't eat them will he/she? They look kinda pricy. I had $10 blueberry shrimp and my male betta systematically hunted them all down in a months time.

Nice shrimp. Your elephant nose won't eat them will he/she? They look kinda pricy. I had $10 blueberry shrimp and my male betta systematically hunted them all down in a months time.

No he won't eat them, he shares his home with different shrimp but we found out he had a taste for my red cherries! He leaves the big ones alone :)

Back
Top Bottom