What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea... lol i told my husband what you said mommachef n he just died laughing ..

Autumnsky yea you can say that again :)

Lost the last of my shrimp :( really sucks money wasted and those poor little things :( Flash is happy he got his whole home back and is outta the breeder net not that he cared as he had tons of bubble nests even in it prolly thrilled over the live buffet he had still..

Did a major cleaning on the big tank a couple days ago n noticed today tons of poop still in the back of the tank looks like i need to get my powerhead back out

Almost out of ramshorns as my crawfish apparently like them more then the mystery snail i keep finding crushed shells everywhere i went from 18 snails to 4 in less then a month

Water change on both tanks and scrubbed the glass on mr bettas tank. Clogged my siphon with sand(don't ask how, it was a mess). Disassembled it, washed out,reassembled and it's currently drying in the shower. During this, wet,smelly sand/poo went everywhere. My uncle has a 55 that he said that I can have and im working a plan to convince my mom to let me have it. My current tanks,10 & 29 are in my room. The room across from mine is empty and that's where I'd like the 55 to go. But I'm not too sure that my mom wants the start of another 'fish room'. But if she says yes, then I will buy her some nice angel fish:)

Both tanks had a 50 % clean, filters rinsed. My bamboo Shrimp are doing well. Hubby helped with my elephant nose tank and my elephant nose wouldn't leave him alone! I found it funny lol

ForumRunner_20130622_183029.jpg

ForumRunner_20130622_183308.jpg

Added new plants too :)

Both tanks had a 50 % clean, filters rinsed. My bamboo Shrimp are doing well. Hubby helped with my elephant nose tank and my elephant nose wouldn't leave him alone! I found it funny lol

Added new plants too :)

40% water change and rescape!!

image-96203591.jpg

Fed everybody last night and my new earth eater nearly jumped out of the tank going after the floating pellets! Also, just talked to my uncle who's giving my his old tank. It's at least 55 gallons. May be picking it up tomorrow or within the week. Also will be getting the old equipment that he has. He doesn't know if any of it still works or what he still has but what the heck, might find a dusty gem. Can't wait to start a new build and yes I'll start a build thread.

Went to my LFS today to get some ghost shrimp they had an offer 10 for $1 to my surprise when I got them home and actually counted them I had gotten 21 ghost shrimp a lot were very small they had just gotten them in 4 are pregnant.. Since they are in my fry tank I'm guessing all of the babies they do come out of these pregnant mamas will be eaten up almost immediately which is going to be good for them since they have not yet had anything besides the flake and or powdered food

Picked up these guys today! I'll post some in-tank pics after they have acclimated.

Attachments

• image-2283778538.jpg
    image-2283778538.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-485308167.jpg
    image-485308167.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 112
I got and set up a fluval 305 canister for my 55 gallon to replace my 10+ year old ehiem classic 2013! It's silent and works great!:)

Do you mind me asking what you paid for your canister filter? I have a new build coming up, at least a 55g. And ill be getting a canister. Never had one before.

Awesome. She really is great about special orders. And man, the recent renovations are awesome. Can't wait to see what that place is going to look like in a month or two.

Awesome. She really is great about special orders. And man, the recent renovations are awesome. Can't wait to see what that place is going to look like in a month or two.

I'm trying to get her to let me setup a 150g South American display tank for them. Mr. Ken seems to like the idea but is worried they don't have the room. They are really stepping it up lately for sure. Carrying more and more. Sad to say I probably paid for most of their renovations!!! Lol

I'm trying to get her to let me setup a 150g South American display tank for them. Mr. Ken seems to like the idea but is worried they don't have the room. They are really stepping it up lately for sure. Carrying more and more. Sad to say I probably paid for most of their renovations!!! Lol

That would be awesome! Are some of your breeding projects going to be supplying them with some SA stock?

That would be awesome! Are some of your breeding projects going to be supplying them with some SA stock?

Yes ma'am. I have red head tapajos almost ready to go and have been bringing convicts on the regular. Everything else is still in the early stages of getting going. Altifrons seem to have paired up but have not spawned as of yet.

So all of those cute little cons have been yours? Can't wait to see the rest! Before long, some of the bettas you see in there might be from me. Just waiting for them to grow out a little. Wish I had tank space for some SAs though. Should be moving soon, and if space allows I will have a fish room, so we'll see.

Speaking of baby bettas, today is "massive water change with a turkey baster" day. I can't wait for these guys to be big enough to evade a syphon hose.

So all of those cute little cons have been yours? Can't wait to see the rest! Before long, some of the bettas you see in there might be from me. Just waiting for them to grow out a little. Wish I had tank space for some SAs though. Should be moving soon, and if space allows I will have a fish room, so we'll see.

Speaking of baby bettas, today is "massive water change with a turkey baster" day. I can't wait for these guys to be big enough to evade a syphon hose.

Cons came from me. That's awesome about the bettas! I want some!

Haven't posted for a couple days...

Got new plants put into my tank! Traded with a member here and have some great new additions to add a little change.
60074-albums11380-picture58389.jpg

Added the Top Fin boxed/prepackaged plants from Petsmart. Got the Pogostemon Helferi aka Downoi and Staurogyne Repens. Planted some in the 72G and 6.6G Edge to see how the different light with affect them, and in case I kill some I will still have some! lol

Got lots of new plants in the last few weeks. Very excited to get them all going strong.

Yesterday found another pretty healthy package of Downoi at a different store, and a clearance package of Cardinal plant for .25, when I picked up from the shelf the clerk said thank you for saving me (as the voice of the plants)! She said it just drives them crazy the set up they have for the plants/poor display and lighting and how many of them die. So I ended up with two packages of plants for almost the price of one.

Here are a few pics of the plants 72G

60074-albums12694-picture58357.jpg

60074-albums12694-picture58359.jpg

Edge 6.6G
60074-albums12694-picture58469.jpg

60074-albums12694-picture58471.jpg

Also with the two baby cryptocoryne wendtii florida sunset, I got for $2.00 last month from the lfs

Wide shot of the 6.6G Edge
60074-albums12694-picture58470.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom