What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday was a good day. Not only did I get my royal pleco and Raphael catfish, I also picked up a breeding group of 7 long fin bristle nose and some breeding caves from a local club member who is getting out of the hobby. I'll post pics when they settle in. I also swapped my bottom 75g tank out with a newer one that's not scratched up. Installed the Aqueon 48" modular led on it and scaped it with a huge piece of driftwood I found. Long day but I love it.
When I walked into the lfs, they had some very pretty assorted tetras, so I told the young guy I would take them. He grabbed a container and net and said ok which ones you want. When I told him, all of them his jaw dropped. Really....all of them???? Yup. Every one of them. Came home with 32 assorted buenes aires, black skirt, red eye, etc....

I did a 30% pwc on both my 70 and my daughters 20. I also trimmed my plants they are growing like crazy and taking over.
I also replaced the heater (tank is usually at 79-80 for my GBRs) was at 74, didn't know it broke. Everyone seems to still be in good shape

Got some more live rock and rearranged things:)

img_2529903_0_7b86d751df73308ef14fc50c02e2469a.jpg

img_2529903_1_030adb41773a444943dccd5c69bd07fa.jpg

just had to replace a heater in the discus tank. i was suspect of the heater and purchased a digital thermometer last week. temp reading was just at 76 degrees. I turned it all the way up and the light never kicked in so i know it's dead. temp is already rising with the new one.

Took out a bucket of Salvinia Minima and a little duckweed from by 72 G to give the new plants light.

Noticed that one (or more) of my fish ate the middle out of one of my larger and new Pogostemon Helferi crowns. That didn't make me very happy. I scolded the entire tank for the misdeed. Of course they all looked so innocent and cute!!! It was hard to be mad for long, but now I am curious. With the mass of other plants, I haven't noticed any plant chomping going on.

Moved all my "extra" petrified wood stone out of boxes from the move and set them out to look at next to my patio.

Moved my little OEBT shrimp tank next to my chair so I can watch them intently!! I thought I saw a berried one but it sunk down behind the rock crevices and then I didn't see it.

Found some amazing driftwood possibilities online for the new 12G Edge OEBT shrimp tank I am planning. Trying to decide to order 1 or 2 bags of more Eco-Complete.

Fed all my tank's plants a new but possible not worthwhile plant food Envy by aquavitro. $10.99/ ($14.99 at my other lfs, and I saw some at a different store later for 9.99)

My lfs guy said it was great and very good and safe with shrimp so I took his word for it. Then here a couple people here said gimmick to sell a bottle of stuff. It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month.

So I will see. I thought of taking it back, but after doing some reading about so many interesting foods and plants which are good for dwarf shrimp, I thought maybe try it out, it has some amino acids and a lot of shrimp breeders use some of the same things, just a little different form. So I thought might as well give it a try.

Still trying to decide which fish to keep and which to re-home when I get rid of my 37 and possibly 16G tank

Took out a bucket of Salvinia Minima and a little duckweed from by 72 G to give the new plants light.
Not sure what is faster growing...Salvinia or duckweed
... I scolded the entire tank for the misdeed. Of course they all looked so innocent and cute!!!
Did you actually wave your pointed finger at them and say "No!" :)

Sadly lost one of my bamboo Shrimp today found it dead:( the other one seems ok we've just watched it molt! Added my cana snail to my elephant nose tank he's getting pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom