Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #1851

Came home n check the temp on my tanks .. looked at my 55g n tryin to figure out how i want to rescape my cichlid tank..

Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #1852
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

So, in a nutshell, you had a busy day
Lol, actually, sadly, it's a typical day for me. Like today I did a 5g change out on my 10g nano/ refugium and added the first actual resident, a peppermint shrimp, moved my 3rd dwarf blue foot hermit to my puffer tank along with my emerald crab. Unfortunately for the emerald crab puffy caught and killed him within the hour, though I seem to have found one species my puffer will leave alone- he has 2 dbf hermit friends that he has left alone for a week, so I added my last one from my 10g. I rearranged the rocks and added a chemi pure media bag in my 10g nano. Did a 5g change out on my 20g gourami/hospital tank. Did a 5g change on my 10g planted along with grooming my plants and substrate. I spent a half hour watching my male fiddler do a mating dance. Did a 10g change out on my 40g betta community tank- I don't even count my multiple betta pico changes. For the first time in almost a year I resisted the urge to do a water change on my puffer tank because with my redsea test kits and how my tank looks and puffer acts I keep telling myself it's not necessary... I think he's actually happy about that. Unrelated, I took my daughter for her first eye check and found out she a) needs glasses and b) was born with a fiber mass around her optic nerve which causes multiple blind spots, my poor baby. I also almost died when I saw how bad one of my lfs has become, starting a post on that next.

ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #1853

Well i must b doing something right...lol my 2 green cories are spawning..they were acting weird to me so i was alil worried then the light bulb clicked on..i was like duh spawning so i looked it up on youtube n yeap thats it ...lol
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #1854
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got home today and it was just normal care. I fed the fish and checked to see how my fry were doing. Everything was fine. Except I stil have a goldfish in my tropical guppy tank because I didn't have anywhere else to put him. (I know it's not good to have a goldfish with guppies). So then I go check my email and someone emailed me about my aquabid fish. I told him I had nothing ready to ship. Then he asked me if I had any fancy goldfish. So I said kinda. And then emailed a few pictures of the little guy. He asked me how much it was so I told him it's the cost of shipping. He going to send me a picture when he gets him all settled. I'm really happy the little guys finally gonna have a good home.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #1855
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pulled more mts out of my 29 gallon. Doing this daily and with my assassin snails, I am willing the war!! Went to eat this morning with my uncle and we landed on the topic of tanks. He told me that I can have his old 55. But I don't have the room(not yet anyways ) I have my eye on a perfect stand for the tank, but it's an antique table that my mom has made clear that I can't have for a stand. Crossing my fingers for a new project soon.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #1856
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Canopy off, doing a 50% water change on my cichlid tank. Ahhhh.... Refreshing!! H2OK!!
Thank you for the metal clip idea...very clever.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #1857
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Pulled more mts out of my 29 gallon. Doing this daily and with my assassin snails, I am willing the war!! Went to eat this morning with my uncle and we landed on the topic of tanks. He told me that I can have his old 55. But I don't have the room(not yet anyways ) I have my eye on a perfect stand for the tank, but it's an antique table that my mom has made clear that I can't have for a stand. Crossing my fingers for a new project soon.

Update: tentatively have been given the green light. I found an old computer desk in the basement that I will take the top off and use as a stand. If this does come together, I know its not going to really begin until it warms up a bit.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #1858
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The cycle on my 56 is complete. Drained about 85% of the water and replaced it with fresh
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1859
Aquarium Advice Regular

well did a 15% pwc yesterday on my 75 malawi tank, then today i cleaned the glass tops, scraped algae, bought some new fish food limpets reef buffet (the lfs guy said cichlids would love it), bought some coralife pure-flo 100 micron fine filter pad and 3 media bags. waiting on the seachem purigen and matrix bio media
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #1860

Changed gravel out to sand in the 29 and the 28 bowfront. Water still a little cloudy. I'll post pics when it clears up. 50% water change on all 6 tanks also.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com