What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine just sits in my outflow, i crush spirulina tablets up near him to eat and I've caught him eating live brine shrimp as well. I sadly lost my other one it was really weak when I get got it. I don't have a lot of live plants either and he seems fine.

Thanks for the pointer. I'm sorry you lost one. My lfs just called they had a run on them(they said they sold 100 today) but they put the 4 best aside for me. That place understands customer service (not knowledgable but nice)

Thanks for the pointer. I'm sorry you lost one. My lfs just called they had a run on them(they said they sold 100 today) but they put the 4 best aside for me. That place understands customer service (not knowledgable but nice)

That's a lot to sell, at least they've kept some for you. All the best with them and remember take some pics lol

I know but they told me they get them once or twice a year max and usually have a list if people who want

Yikes!

Wow, I just turned on the light for my 72G and found my Purple Spotted Goby/Gudgeon with a Oto tail sticking out of his mouth!!!:eek:

I see the other 6 happily snacking on algae on the glass....

Shocked is a word, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was told he would get 3-4 inches, and he is 4-5 inches now and BIG and round. And a very big mouth. He is so very beautiful, and acts like a puppy swimming over to the glass and begs for food and attention. Had him since he was 1.5", just a few months he has grown to jumbo proportions!

Cleaned out my Betta tank yesterday, a little freaked how his water was a brown color, and then as I was cleaning it found the Indian Almond leaf I put in there a week or 2 ago surrounded by moss. So I was't freaked out about it anymore, lol! Totally forgot about it!!!

Doing a couple pwc on the other bowls and tanks today. Probably changing my planted Jar and combining my snail bowl with it too.

Stuck?

60074-albums11380-picture59002.jpg

I think the Otos body might be stuck in the gobys mouth:eek:, they have little spines!!!

....and he is just sitting there the same as before, different location but the tail is in the same spot! Not sure what to do. Maybe catch him, get a tweezer and try to remove the Oto...
loading a pic now...

oh wow....i hope he is okay. I know he is being a bad fish eating the oto...but if it is really stuck, it might affect his insides...yes, maybe you can help him take it out using the tweezers...

oh wow....i hope he is okay. I know he is being a bad fish eating the oto...but if it is really stuck, it might affect his insides...yes, maybe you can help him take it out using the tweezers...

That happened to an oranda I had a LONG time ago. Oto had died and the oranda gulped it up. Netted the oranda and used needle nose pliers to remove the oto carcass. Spines were stuck in the lip/cheek area.

That happened to an oranda I had a LONG time ago. Oto had died and the oranda gulped it up. Netted the oranda and used needle nose pliers to remove the oto carcass. Spines were stuck in the lip/cheek area.

Got the Oto out of his mouth. Using a small needle nose pliers /not the petite bead/floral ones, but smallish.

The barbs were 6mm each!!! I measured them, got them both out so I think the big guy should recover. It was back in his throat a bit. That was sooooo scary! I still have an upset stomach over it!

I wonder if he wants to eat little fish still?

Got the Oto out of his mouth. Using a small needle nose pliers /not the petite bead/floral ones, but smallish.

The barbs were 6mm each!!! I measured them, got them both out so I think the big guy should recover. It was back in his throat a bit. That was sooooo scary! I still have an upset stomach over it!

I wonder if he wants to eat little fish still?

That's good. And he should learn his lesson. Key word should.

I picked up 4 bamboo shrimp, acclimatized them. I was really upset just as I was going to add them to the tank one looked dead. I was just about to call my lfs to give them a piece of my mind and then he jumped out of the cup and right into the tank. I guess they play dead as a defense mechanism.
And the 4th is hiding right now in the middle of one of the amazon swords
image-3776565276.jpg

Attachments

• image-3578592851.jpg
    image-3578592851.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3974667995.jpg
    image-3974667995.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
I picked up 4 bamboo shrimp, acclimatized them. I was really upset just as I was going to add them to the tank one looked dead. I was just about to call my lfs to give them a piece of my mind and then he jumped out of the cup and right into the tank. I guess they play dead as a defense mechanism.
And the 4th is hiding right now in the middle of one of the amazon swords
View attachment 184257

Love your new shrimp!!!

Having a bittersweet moment.. Someone called today and is taking all my fish from the 55g except the otos.. Im excites to change my tank but im gonna miss my Angel n cories .. :(

Planning on what to do with that tank now n the hubby wants to move his blues to it and add abother pair of mayb orange crawfish so i guess im gonna research it and see what can be done.. then im gonna try and make my 20g a planted tank and add shrimp and snails to it

Did feedings all around and topped off evaporation on all tanks. Changed filter pads on half the filters pwc on my 15g n crawfish tank ... then just gonna enjoy watching my cories for the last day

Having a bittersweet moment.. Someone called today and is taking all my fish from the 55g except the otos.. Im excites to change my tank but im gonna miss my Angel n cories .. :(

Planning on what to do with that tank now n the hubby wants to move his blues to it and add abother pair of mayb orange crawfish so i guess im gonna research it and see what can be done.. then im gonna try and make my 20g a planted tank and add shrimp and snails to it

Did feedings all around and topped off evaporation on all tanks. Changed filter pads on half the filters pwc on my 15g n crawfish tank ... then just gonna enjoy watching my cories for the last day

Glad I told you about SELAS or what?

Back
Top Bottom