What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took my oddly bloated female betta out of qt since epsom salt baths were not doing her any good. I am just keeping watch on her and if she starts acting as if she is in pain or starts hacing issues swimming I may have to euthanize her. Being as the swelling is on one side, and epsom salts, fasting, and peas and brine shrimp have yielded no results, I fear she may have a tumor. I even tried floating her in with each of my males to see if yhat may spur her to drop eggs if she were egg-bound, but that didn't work either. Might try that again tomorrow evening.

Since I was taking her out of qt, I took a look at the bettas when I was in walmart getting groceries and made a lucky find.I had pretty much given up on finding anything special, especially after finding a nice lavender-grey crowntail with what looked to be a swim bladder issue. But lo and behold, after picking up and inspecting just about every cup on the shelf, I got to a cup that had been sat off to the side and stumbed upon a gorgeous crowntail. He has a light body with pale blue green iridescence and mostly light blue fins. But his dorsal and anal fins are yellow at the tips, almost in a butterfly pattern, exept all of the tail is blue. I like the shape of his fins as well. Instead of the typical long delicate fringes, his are more short and thick. He looks fringed. I love him! I will be decorating his tank in a week or so.
Here he is :

I like his fins too.. the pretty orange one i wanted orginally had fins like that but he was sick so i brought home my Flash instead..lol good luck with your little female and your new find

Finally picked what i want to stock my tank with now just gotta find it ...... fed all tanks n fixed my 55 back the way it was since we removed all decor to catch my other stock..

Told the hubby tonight the tank looks just like it did with the fish only movement we ever saw was the cories now the otos are out and about pickin up the slack

Got a clownfish today for my SW tank! First SW fish for me:)

img_2553249_0_584fe55bdae87b6f92698fd74fab02d3.jpg

Added some pots to my aquariums :) and I moved my little guy over to the big tank in a little betta cup :( I ordered a breeder box to put him in, it should be coming in soon! :) and I also did a water change on my bf's glofish tank

Attachments

• image-3569743699.jpg
    image-3569743699.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3537771009.jpg
    image-3537771009.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1925379276.jpg
    image-1925379276.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1929744480.jpg
    image-1929744480.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 79
Added a black background to my planted tank, I love the new look.

image-4172228955.jpg

Sorry to hear about you're loss molliwopp. I am still cycling so I did my daily water change of about 20%

Not a whole lot going on today. Fed everyone and caught a pic of my L052 pleco. Hadn't seen it in a while.

Attachments

• image-203198460.jpg
    image-203198460.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 66
Im super excited i found my first baby crawfish today ;) wasnt planning on keeping any but i wanna raise it up

Just super glad i didnt clean my tank today or he woulda been gone ..
Correction: i have atleast 2 baby crawfish and baby snails too ;)
ForumRunner_20130709_190041.jpg

Added 5 banded kuhli to my 20 gal project I'm working on. Right now the stocking is 2 Bolivian Rams and the kuhlis. Bear with the deserted tank as it's a work in progress lol.

image-3573596886.jpg

image-1133589454.jpg

I didn't 'do' anything today. In my 29, I've been fighting a bacteria bloom the last few days. When I got home today, I noticed it cleared up! And in both tanks, my plants are coming along nicely. Looked on my Facebook page and seen my LFS has a ton of different crawdads in stock. I need to rehome my male betta first or he'd become lunch real soon. Anybody in Omaha Nebraska want a blue male betta?

Having a frowny shrimp day.

Found out that SpeedieAquadics will NOT be getting in the all blue German high quality OEBT shrimp due to how expensive they are. I am crushed!

They were supposed to be here mid June and I never saw them listed for sale, waited thinking they might be in QT, so I finally emailed them and that is what I found out.

:bawl::bawl::bawl: :mad: :banghead: :facepalm:
That is me throwing a tantrum!

I am looking at a colony of Fire Red shrimp to possibly purchase, the owner is moving to Fire Yellows. So I am checking it out!!!

Watching my oebt nearly adults, and maybe adults and I think I saw them getting frisky together yesterday with a male chasing a female! They are very active and swimming a lot and nibbling everything. I think they like the extra warm water when I have the light on.

Added liquid ferts to all the tanks!

I may have commited a serious mistake as we have a storm coming close to where I live tonight and I may have no electricity for a few days. The guy at the LFS told me a lot of people where asking for the loaches so I made an impulse buy. Hope everything will be ok :(.

I didn't 'do' anything today. In my 29, I've been fighting a bacteria bloom the last few days. When I got home today, I noticed it cleared up! And in both tanks, my plants are coming along nicely. Looked on my Facebook page and seen my LFS has a ton of different crawdads in stock. I need to rehome my male betta first or he'd become lunch real soon. Anybody in Omaha Nebraska want a blue male betta?

I don't live in Omaha but I'd live a new Betta!

Added 5 banded kuhli to my 20 gal project I'm working on. Right now the stocking is 2 Bolivian Rams and the kuhlis. Bear with the deserted tank as it's a work in progress lol.

Aw wow! That's so cool :) I recently got a baby golden dojo loach for my aquarium. He's so adorable! I really like your khulis! I'm planning a tank too, I'd love to get two german blue rams and a school of something like bleeding heart tetra and add to the cories I have.

I did a water change on my betta tank, and planted all the AMAZING Blyxa Japonica I recieved from another blogger on here. It is so gorgeous! My tank looks happier now :)

Didn't do much with my tanks today but I found a new one! my boyfriend found a 2' tall hex tank of unknown gallonage at a thrift store for $35. It looks to be in good shape, with a stand and an undergravel filter, lol. I can find a filter for cheap, but making or finding a lid may be difficult maybe I could try my hand at making a canopy... I am sending him with the $35 to buy it tomorrow if they are willing to hold it for me until either my car gets out of the shop next week or my neighbor can bring me to pick it up. From my quick research, being a 2' tall hex it is likely a 27 or 35 gallon. Either way it's a good deal and I am jumping on it! I love that my boyfriend not only accepts but encourages my MTS. And he did this the day after I told him my plans for this week include setting my currently empty 20 gallon again!

Didn't do much with my tanks today but I found a new one! my boyfriend found a 2' tall hex tank of unknown gallonage at a thrift store for $35. It looks to be in good shape, with a stand and an undergravel filter, lol. I can find a filter for cheap, but making or finding a lid may be difficult maybe I could try my hand at making a canopy... I am sending him with the $35 to buy it tomorrow if they are willing to hold it for me until either my car gets out of the shop next week or my neighbor can bring me to pick it up. From my quick research, being a 2' tall hex it is likely a 27 or 35 gallon. Either way it's a good deal and I am jumping on it! I love that my boyfriend not only accepts but encourages my MTS. And he did this the day after I told him my plans for this week include setting my currently empty 20 gallon again!

Sounds like a keeper! :) my boyfriend is the same way. That's awesome!! Did you end up with the hex? Lmk if you have a build thread. I'd love to follow. :)

Back
Top Bottom