What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a keeper! :) my boyfriend is the same way. That's awesome!! Did you end up with the hex? Lmk if you have a build thread. I'd love to follow. :)

As long as it doesn't sell before he can get the money over there I'll have it! And yeah, I will probably do a build thread eventually.

Edit - the tank is paid for and reserved for us! Woohoo! Now to go pick it up and figure out exactly how big it is! I should have my car back in a week or so, and I now have another reason I can't wait to get it fixed!

I added some more driftwood on the right of the 125g South American tank. Not sure if I'm liking it. Need opinions please.

Before and after

Attachments

• image-1977802447.jpg
    image-1977802447.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image-955410437.jpg
    image-955410437.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
I added some more driftwood on the right of the 125g South American tank. Not sure if I'm liking it. Need opinions please.

Before and after

Ahh, I think you should try to find a taller piece for the center or try to build it up. Draw the eyes to it more

As long as it doesn't sell before he can get the money over there I'll have it! And yeah, I will probably do a build thread eventually.

Edit - the tank is paid for and reserved for us! Woohoo! Now to go pick it up and figure out exactly how big it is! I should have my car back in a week or so, and I now have another reason I can't wait to get it fixed!

Awesome! So excited for you! Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Not exactly my tank, but filled my little pond talked to all the fish and changed the sponge pre-filters on both the ornamental water spout/decorative bubbler thing, helps with aeration, and the pump for the trash can filter.

Checked all the tanks and every body seemed fine.

me too

Got back from a 7 day vacation! So happy to see my fishies alive and happy! :D

Did you use the block feeders? Im on a 7 day vacation too. Did everything else i vould thimk of. Big wc. Plenty of food the week before. Opened up the windows to let warm summer air in.

Added 3 otos yesterday. Watched them eating and doing oto tricks today. Very nearly as entertaining as corys. Who knew? And I thought I was getting them to eat algae or something. Fed them a zucchini slice tonight, but doubt they are too hungry because they were eating algae all day. Watched my pristella tetras act like a little band of piranhas at feeding time. They sure are enthusiastic eaters.

Talking to the fish lol. I find myself doing this whenever im at the tank.

Water changes and daphnia day today.

They missed me! :D

I was doing some reading about OEBT shrimp and I found some interesting comments about some shrimp...

Shrimp with yellow or white or orange eyes are "blind"!

Comments are being made that they are blind as they are missing some pigment which allows clear vision. So maybe like nearly blind or "legally blind" and can still distinguish between light and dark.

I am astounded! But also thinking it could be true!.

Recently I moved my OEBT tank next to my chair soI could stare at them more often. Lately, now that some are about to full grown size, I have noticed some different behavior, much more active and crazy swimming around the tank.

If they were of low level sight it would explain some of the really crazy behavior, especially dramatically emphasized movements and darting and a seemingly near impossible ability to settle on a leaf or rock like most any other shrimp will do.

This is mostly seen by a group of light to medium blue ones with orange tails and a kinda orange stripe down the back. There are 3-4 can't really tell for sure, and they are very crazy acting while the darest ones seem to be mostly normal behaving.

Occasional darts here and there and swimming like little ballerinas. Picking at the plants and rocks and moss.

This is interesting. I will post my observations on my OEBT thread! Wondering if anyone else has noticed this!

They missed me! :D

I was doing some reading about OEBT shrimp and I found some interesting comments about some shrimp...

Shrimp with yellow or white or orange eyes are "blind"!

Comments are being made that they are blind as they are missing some pigment which allows clear vision. So maybe like nearly blind or "legally blind" and can still distinguish between light and dark.

I am astounded! But also thinking it could be true!.

Recently I moved my OEBT tank next to my chair soI could stare at them more often. Lately, now that some are about to full grown size, I have noticed some different behavior, much more active and crazy swimming around the tank.

If they were of low level sight it would explain some of the really crazy behavior, especially dramatically emphasized movements and darting and a seemingly near impossible ability to settle on a leaf or rock like most any other shrimp will do.

This is mostly seen by a group of light to medium blue ones with orange tails and a kinda orange stripe down the back. There are 3-4 can't really tell for sure, and they are very crazy acting while the darest ones seem to be mostly normal behaving.

Occasional darts here and there and swimming like little ballerinas. Picking at the plants and rocks and moss.

This is interesting. I will post my observations on my OEBT thread! Wondering if anyone else has noticed this!

That's really interesting information! I've never kept anything but ghost shrimp, but it's good to know just in case

Went to lfs to get a new sponge for my daughters tank filter. It's been a year since it has been changed gets rinsed every 2 weeks but think its time. While I was there saw some oto cats I needed more so picked up a few, and some frozen blood worms

Went to lfs to get a new sponge for my daughters tank filter. It's been a year since it has been changed gets rinsed every 2 weeks but think its time. While I was there saw some oto cats I needed more so picked up a few, and some frozen blood worms

Always seem to walk out with more than what we came in for. :guilty:

Wc on both tanks. In the 10g I have been babying a sprig of water wisteria that I left floating for about a month, now it's a nice mat. I moved it to the 29 which has a sprig of wisteria so I'm doing it all over again. added new dw to the 29g. It's been a productive Friday. On CL, I found a 70g tank+stand. It's 75 obo and for an extra $20, they will deliver. I have the $$ but I've to hold myself back from buying it. :no room; :bang head:

Back
Top Bottom