What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Got home from 4 days away, rushed in, did a head count and fed everyone. :D

Yay you're back!! :-D

I did a very super through gravel vacc on my 29g & 60% PWC, bought plant bulbs, bought small plant, planted it... LOL, watched everyone, put up 4 Juvie mollies on craigslist...

Back to back 80% PWC on my fry tank after a huge nitrite spike. Eek, all good now.

Broke down and emptied a 55g ready for moving after selling the fish. Found 7 fry living in the canister filter!

Oh and I did the obligatory sit and watch all the tanks for a few hours hah.

I started off doing a 50% water change but it turned into a tank overhaul. My 5 year old stuck the siphon down into the sand and sucked some out so I had to remove all the pebbles and redo the sand, then add back in the pebbles and plants. It was a 90% water change by the time I was finished. Then I watched king Neptune swim around rather unhappily because his water was cloudy from the sand. At least it's clearing up pretty quickly.

I started off doing a 50% water change but it turned into a tank overhaul. My 5 year old stuck the siphon down into the sand and sucked some out so I had to remove all the pebbles and redo the sand, then add back in the pebbles and plants. It was a 90% water change by the time I was finished. Then I watched king Neptune swim around rather unhappily because his water was cloudy from the sand. At least it's clearing up pretty quickly.

cool name for a fish.

Bearchumjs said:
50% wc and got impatient waiting for my driftwood to sink so I anchored it a weight. Rearranged my plants. Here's the end result.

Left side

Right side

Front

All lights off except the tank light.

Anchored it with a rock... Excuse the above typo.

Did my usual am headcount...and a bulb died during the count. So, I spent most my day driving from store to store searching for a replacement bulb. Never found one! By the time I got home, my fish tank is sleeping :ermm: So I feel irritated I didn't get a chance to enjoy my babies today! So, now I'm online about to order one (and a few extras ;))

trimmed my swords in my 29g. then changed the background to black in my 55g!

Yesterday I did back to back 50% pwc's. Nitrites were 2.0! Then I cleaned a lava rock to put hold down my driftwood instead of that other rock I was using. Last night I watched king Neptune fighting with his reflection in the glass. He was really going at it!!

Spent a lot of time watching my female guppies who look like they're about to pop! Moved a white cloud to a different tank because she has been "it" during tag for quite a few days now. :(

Cleaned all of the filter media for the very first time (rinsed in a bucket of tank water, of course). Freaked out about the 'dust' floating around in the tank so figured it was because the pre-filter got clogged. Took it off for now just to clear everything up. Found everybody safe and sound. Blew kisses to all and the timer shut off the light. I am so glad I have returned to fishkeeping. I really missed it.:jump:

Did a 110% water change on my 5 gallon, a 50% on my 20 gallon, and a 50% on my 30 gallon. Rearranged stuff in all the tanks and cleaned the glass inside and out on all three. Cleaned up the cabinet in the 20's stand too.
And now, because the cat "missed" her litter box as I was standing less than a foot away working on the 30, it's time to change litter instead of water... Stupid cat.

Back
Top Bottom