What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Proud Chi keeper

Jackpot if I do say so myself*thumb*

Thank you here are the new pics and a shot of my older Betta/Avatar

Going with the Zen feel
60074-albums12946-picture59982.jpg

A little closer shot, and a little cloudy as it has been up 10 min.
60074-albums12946-picture59983.jpg

My Betta -pretty Dragonscale Chameleon Betta - Can change from this pretty Tanzanite blue to a emerald moss green when he feels like it! This is my favorite pic of him when he was about 6 months old.
60074-albums12946-picture37579.jpg

Don't have a pic of the new Betta he is hiding, probably getting used to having a space to swim in and natural light.

Going with the Zen feel

My Betta -pretty Dragonscale Chameleon Betta - Can change from this pretty Tanzanite blue to a emerald moss green when he feels like it! This is my favorite pic of him when he was about 6 months old.

Don't have a pic of the new Betta he is hiding, probably getting used to having a space to swim in and natural light.

Some people have all the luck! Very nice.

Bought a new tank and rescued the other tank the lady had.

First got a near new Fluval Chi 5G, CaribSea SuperNaturals Black, I believe Tahitian Moon sand and a bag of foods and water treatment stuff for $20.

Then was asked to take the other tank too for free...

So they were all in the tank, a 2G Aqueon Evolve LED with one Anubias Nana plant and a bunch of Algae on it. The people had changed the water and cleaned the tank.

The frog with one missing eye and a bite on his head, a Cherry barb male, three Neons and three red line tetras, didn't notice any sucker fish so it must have died, and a full grown Crowntail Betta Black and cobalt blue, very pretty, AND one Harlequin Rasbora. So that is 10 living things in there.

When I got home, I moved the Cherry Barb to the snail jar, hoping there are enough plants so all the shrimp aren't eaten. I don't have Cherry barbs so maybe re-homing it soon. He was biting at the frog when I was there picking them up, and chasing the other fish around. There was no where for the little frog to hide. :bawl: Frog looks poorly. Hope he makes it.

Betta went into a big snail bowl, 2G with the frog for the time being and a big cloud of Java Moss for the frog to hide in. Cleaned it too before I put them in, snails are sooo poopy!

The Tetras are back in the Evolve tank with a bunch of random plants and moss thrown in for the moment, and the Neons have their color back already, still seem scared. Cleaned the gravel with treated water as well. it smelled like yuck.

Added water to three tanks from Evaporation.

Now going to make sure I understand how this Chi tank works before I set it up. Very excited and happy to get it, been wanting one for a year and a half at least. Have a 3x4" piece of filter pad to get the cycle going on it! I can't make up my mind for a shrimp tank with DW/Spiderwood sticking out of it or keep as a Betta tank. I also have the Fluval Bamboo wall deco from the Edge tank and may use it for some plants and go Zen. I always feel like decorations premade like that are a bit contrived, and not that much to my taste.

But in the same breath, there is a Sponge Bob Pineapple house that came with it, and I think it is very funny, just not funny in my Chi tank. ;)

So overall awesome tank day for $20.

I didn't want another Betta, though he is very pretty. I will hope to find a new home for him.

If the Tetras do well, after QT I will add them into the big tank with the others, and the dozen Cardinals. The Harlequin Rasbora will have 5 other friends as well, so everyone will be happy.

You lucky lady!

:-( after a battle of general mistreatment in his old home and stress from treatment and rehoming 2X I lost my chocolate oranda... With that said, it's kind of bitter sweet. Switched my cold water tank to my 55g and have decided to use my freed up 90g hex for my geophagus and rams and my 150g is going to my oscar and my Dempsey, plus my cherax lobster.

Bought 2 double bright LED lights for my 90g and planted and aquascaped it into a semi aggressive dwarf sa cichlid tank. Lots of scarlet temple, ozelot swords, anubias coffeefolia, anubias nana, banana plants, crypt w tropical/ red/ green/ balansae and more, Cyperus helfieri, wendelov java fern, tropica fern, flame moss, Amazon sword, apongeton crispus, bacopa Carolinian, duck weed and oh how the list goes on and on.

Balanced 90g to Amazon simulation and the 55g to coldwater pond simulation. Swapped hob and U3s changed canister filter media, exchanged 50% of water necessary to fill each tank, and replaced the rest with premixed replacement water.

3g water change on my 4 5g qt tanks. 5g water change on my 20g greet and grow tanks(X3) and 20g water change on my 50g SE Asian jungle blackwater tank. Monitoring a pop up cycle stall on my 65g upgrade to my 50g after I planted some glosso, c.w. var 'bronze' 'tropical' 'red' 'green', c.b. 'Crispatus' 'undulatus' 'helfieri', nymphaea var 'red tiger' 'green' 'mottled', cardamine lyrata, Chinese water ivy, ludwiga 'repens' 'indica' 'ovalis', java moss, camboba, Cyperus h. and dwarf Hairgrass. Attempting a planted fishless cycle and it's aggravating me, am going to add my ditherers after I rest a little and take a little nap...

Am now trying to figure it what to do with my 50g, 60g and 5g spec, oh and a 30g hospital tank currently housing 2 diamond tetra and 1 Colombian blue and red tetra recovering from their stay with my fin nippers and are ready to have their schools filled in again for one of my tanks, don't quite know yet what to do with, but I have the room :)

Lol, falling asleep posting again, goodnight, well, morning.....

Water changes in my 30g and 10g. Set some water aside to age for my weekend water changes for my smaller tanks. Might be getting a new addition to the family. A friend got a free betta that was a party table decoration, and the novelty has worn off for her. That and she keeps forgetting to feed the poor guy!

:-( after a battle of general mistreatment in his old home and stress from treatment and rehoming 2X I lost my chocolate oranda... With that said, it's kind of bitter sweet. Switched my cold water tank to my 55g and have decided to use my freed up 90g hex for my geophagus and rams and my 150g is going to my oscar and my Dempsey, plus my cherax lobster.

Bought 2 double bright LED lights for my 90g and planted and aquascaped it into a semi aggressive dwarf sa cichlid tank. Lots of scarlet temple, ozelot swords, anubias coffeefolia, anubias nana, banana plants, crypt w tropical/ red/ green/ balansae and more, Cyperus helfieri, wendelov java fern, tropica fern, flame moss, Amazon sword, apongeton crispus, bacopa Carolinian, duck weed and oh how the list goes on and on.

Balanced 90g to Amazon simulation and the 55g to coldwater pond simulation. Swapped hob and U3s changed canister filter media, exchanged 50% of water necessary to fill each tank, and replaced the rest with premixed replacement water.

3g water change on my 4 5g qt tanks. 5g water change on my 20g greet and grow tanks(X3) and 20g water change on my 50g SE Asian jungle blackwater tank. Monitoring a pop up cycle stall on my 65g upgrade to my 50g after I planted some glosso, c.w. var 'bronze' 'tropical' 'red' 'green', c.b. 'Crispatus' 'undulatus' 'helfieri', nymphaea var 'red tiger' 'green' 'mottled', cardamine lyrata, Chinese water ivy, ludwiga 'repens' 'indica' 'ovalis', java moss, camboba, Cyperus h. and dwarf Hairgrass. Attempting a planted fishless cycle and it's aggravating me, am going to add my ditherers after I rest a little and take a little nap...

Am now trying to figure it what to do with my 50g, 60g and 5g spec, oh and a 30g hospital tank currently housing 2 diamond tetra and 1 Colombian blue and red tetra recovering from their stay with my fin nippers and are ready to have their schools filled in again for one of my tanks, don't quite know yet what to do with, but I have the room :)

Sorry to hear about your oranda ktomminello :(

Sorry to hear about your oranda ktomminello :(

Thank you- considering he was my only loss in my flurry of stocking and upgrading. I was kind of expecting it, but it kind of lessens my tank burden... I know it sounds awful to say and I feel bad, but at this point in time I can say I honestly did everything I could do... He will be missed though.

Thank you- considering he was my only loss in my flurry of stocking and upgrading. I was kind of expecting it, but it kind of lessens my tank burden... I know it sounds awful to say and I feel bad, but at this point in time I can say I honestly did everything I could do... He will be missed though.

We can only do so much, you did your best :)

Wow long day! Sorry to hear about your Chocolate Oranda. It is a sad situation. Even today I got the Chi tank and on the box their advertising pic shows the tank with 4 goldfish, in a 5 gallon, that is so wrong, and with pet store people telling most you can have a goldfish in a 10G tank, it is maddening that they can't give accurate info, they would do better in the long run. Less people would give up on the fish. There would be less sick, and stunted and injured fish.

And thank you Shellyx ;)

Well it was a bit of a scare as I was going to bed I saw probably 40 snails heading up the face of my 16G bowfront. Realized my filter had clogged up most of the way and the filter just wasn't running through the water.

The prefilter sponge was full of debris and moss, and gunk. So I cleaned that very quickly after adding a healthy shot of Prime, and in hopes not to suck up any shrimpies.

Then cleaned the two filter pads I guess I must have missed that the last round of cleaning. Also I started feeding more for the Bamboo shrimp and kinda forgot about adding the extra cleaning too because of that. :facepalm:

Anyway by the time I had finished almost all the snails were back towards the bottom of the tank again eating. I dosed them an additional cap of Prime and now 20 minutes later I don't see any on the glass, just a couple on the extra filter.

Yikes, by morning I coulda had a bunch of dead shrimp and ill if not dead snails. That tank has the Bamboo Shrimp, Amano shrimp and lots of Dark Rose red and blue cherry shrimp, and about 7 baby Rainbow Blue Platy. Seems much better now. I will do a pwc tomorrow. It is nearly 3:30AM!!!

Both tanks had a 50 % clean and filters rinsed. Tank all clean for my new betta coming tomorrow!

My betta Shenanigans has a strange thing dangling from him. Looks like a kidney bean attaches to a string. No behavioral changes and appetite is still there. Trying to find out what it could be. ?

Got a couple new babies, acclimated and doing well. Changed the water in my Betta container as the Banana Plant I trimmed is still rotting, so took it out all the way this time.

Fish and shrimp seem to be fine after the scare with the filter last night.

Angels seem to be hanging out in the fast flowing / outflow from the Fluval FX-5 which blows them around, so I am wondering what they are doing there...maybe want to lay eggs???

I am going to look this time and see if I can tell any change in the morning.

Also picking up some fish food and supplies tomorrow on the way to work.

Planning a trip to Some craft stores for some supplies. Got a couple platys ready to pop in different tanks, so I'm gonna make some makeshift breeding nets! They are both starting to "box" out I think it was. Never had platys before, nor have i ever bred fish. This will be a new adventure for me. Research!! Any advice is welcome, but pls pm me and not post here. Thanks!

Going with the Zen feel

That looks beautiful! I want to suggest you get the cover for it. I had two betta's jump out of my chi. :( I found it on amazon but there are other sites that sell it too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005QRDEDM

I did a 95% water change on my 55gal tittlebat tank. It's been a very busy last 2 months so it needed a good cleaning. Going to do a cleaning on my 10g saltwater tank today and will probably clean the 35g hex freshwater community tank tomorrow.

That looks beautiful! I want to suggest you get the cover for it. I had two betta's jump out of my chi. :( I found it on amazon but there are other sites that sell it too.

Fluval Chi Cover:Amazon:pet Supplies

Yes, thank you, I want to get it - have the plastic wrap for now, lol. I was hoping someone here local had it but no!

I have to order it!

I have a little bit cloudy water right now, maybe get a clarifier.

Betta's old tank had tons of plants just growing loose every where, so he's having an interesting time getting used to the wide open space.

The first night, when I walked by the tank it scared him and he darted into the side of the glass and laid there a bit stunned for awhile, seems to have recovered fine.

Feeding is hard as the water at the top is moving around so much he doesn't really care for that. :(

Ran out of BettaFix and need to get some more. Asking my boss to give me some more hours so that I can order some Emerald Dwarf Rasbora Danios to go in my 10g freshwater. I'm adding 5 and 2 more pristella tetras. Ill have 10 fishies in there :) also cleaned out my Bettas old tank, scrubbed it clean and am planning on either selling my amazon swords or putting them in my 10g. Also looking longingly at my 20gL that is waiting the be filled and stocked but can't be yet according to my parents rules.

Back
Top Bottom