What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know. It's gone now. While trying to find out I came across a few sites saying a good parasite fighter/preventer is soaking a bettas food in juice from garlic. Anyone else hear of it?

I've heard of the garlic thing before. Never personally tried it.

Set up a birthing tank for my platys, just need a divider, and made a sponge/gravel filter. Fed blanched zucchini to my fish today. Watching it disappear before my eyes. My loaches r going crazy!

Don't know. It's gone now. While trying to find out I came across a few sites saying a good parasite fighter/preventer is soaking a bettas food in juice from garlic. Anyone else hear of it?

Yes. It is often suggested; usually to entice a fish to eat. Some fish foods have garlic in it.

Yes, thank you, I want to get it - have the plastic wrap for now, lol. I was hoping someone here local had it but no!

I have to order it!

I have a little bit cloudy water right now, maybe get a clarifier.

Betta's old tank had tons of plants just growing loose every where, so he's having an interesting time getting used to the wide open space.

The first night, when I walked by the tank it scared him and he darted into the side of the glass and laid there a bit stunned for awhile, seems to have recovered fine.

Feeding is hard as the water at the top is moving around so much he doesn't really care for that. :(

I'm glad you have plastic wrap! It's better than nothing!

I put smooth stones on top of the fountain thing and that really helped with the water movement.

Came down to show my cousin and friend my tanks, I'm showing my berried shrimp to my cousin and my friend calls me to the other tank. He says 'Reference(my betta) is missing'. I look all over and realize the poor thing got stuck in this dragons mouth *not picture of him in there, just the only pic of the decoration* I turned the bubbler off and moved the dragon and he shook himself free. It doesn't seen like he's cut or his fins are damaged but he seemed q bit startled. I took a piece of filter sponge and wedged it into the dragons mouth so hit can't get in there anymore. I know that bettas can get wedged in small holes but I really thought he was too big for that space. Hopefully he's still okay.

Went home for lunch and couldn't find my arowana. Looked behind the tank and found this on the floor......

Attachments

• image-3422571888.jpg
    image-3422571888.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 79
Second one ive lost like this. Took every precaution I thought I could. It managed to jump out of a hole by the filter intake that is about the diameter of my pinkie finger. No more arowanas for me!!!

Second one ive lost like this. Took every precaution I thought I could. It managed to jump out of a hole by the filter intake that is about the diameter of my pinkie finger. No more arowanas for me!!!

Its amazing how fish can find a way to get out. Sorry you lost another one.

That's exactly how my wild Bettas are/were!
You basically had to Saran Wrap the top of the tank and put something around it to hold it down so they couldn't get out. Lost soo many beauties to having a teensy hole in a piece of craft mesh for a wire or two to run out.

I'm sorry you lost him!

Anyways, all I've done so far today is turn my lights on and do a baby check in the breeding tanks/nets. Will probably do w/c's on everything so I don't have to mess with it this weekend, but considering not to because I already did most of them yesterday.

Oh, I did get some baby koi angels today though! Smaller than pea size right now so I'm doing a VERY slow drip acclimation in them, it's been an hour so far, will probably go 2 hours on them.

Went home for lunch and couldn't find my arowana. Looked behind the tank and found this on the floor......

Oh, nooooo, so sorry for your loss, that is just awful. Ouch, that hurts. :nono:

So sorry. Awful and amazing how they can get out like that. I have had smaller ones jump, it is crazy how small a hole.

Back
Top Bottom