What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added another AC50 to my 20g long planted tank. It was noisy! Brand new. This went on for a day (grinding, rattling). After inspecting and reseating it with no success, I swapped the new impeller with the old impeller and viola...both are quiet now.
In addition for extra water movement and filtration, I am using the second HOB for mixing DIY CO2 and as a backup in case the first one conks outs.

Just got home and realized my adult marbled cray escaped! She was on her back on the floor and looked dead, but I poked at her and she moved so we put her back in the tank. She just kind of sat there for a minute then shot off and started running around the tank. I hope she's ok. And I'm glad the cat didn't eat her!

Fed the pond today. Water lettuce is taking over! Anybody need some?

Attachments

• image-198479911.jpg
    image-198479911.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 79
Fed the pond today. Water lettuce is taking over! Anybody need some?

Between that and the Salvinia, I am scooping out handfuls each week just to clear out space so that I can see the fish. First year I did not buy any (moved out some that over wintered in the tanks).

I did clean out the Bowl, the jar and the 2G Evolve. It looks like the Evolve is cycling, I guess the people probably cleaned out the filter before aI picked it up and washed the pad in tap water.

I added a chunk of BB filled filter pad after doing a 50% water change.

Cleaned the Baby Blue Crayfish tank and added a new Whisper 2-10G filter, knocked out most of the carbon and added a chunk of 3x4" BB filter pad in the middle. (kept on hand for just this type of occasion.) Need to get some more bulk padding!!!

Waiting to hear if the person taking the Koi and goldfish is going to give me any cash for them, if so, it will go to my 12 Edge purchase fund, soon...;)

Have someone interested in purchasing my 16G bowfront tank, but won't be until the 22nd as they are moving here, and want some company. We will see if it pans out and if they are worthy of my set-up, lol!:rolleyes:

Between that and the Salvinia, I am scooping out handfuls each week just to clear out space so that I can see the fish. First year I did not buy any (moved out some that over wintered in the tanks).

Yeah....I remove some about every 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom