Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #2091
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

What kind of baby does that?

Is it a Spixi snail or Columbian Ram? My Apple snails eat algae not my plants!
My others don't either lol I'm wondering if its a cana snail I, ve had one of those before she got huge and cost me a fortune on plants. My columbian doesn't even eat my plants there well fed! I, ve gone on to applesnail.net and asked them!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #2092
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
My others don't either lol I'm wondering if its a cana snail I, ve had one of those before she got huge and cost me a fortune on plants. My columbian doesn't even eat my plants there well fed! I, ve gone on to applesnail.net and asked them!
Never had one of those which eats everything in sight! Anubias are supposed to be more resistant to being eaten due to their more solid leaves. Time to start feeding a chunk of cucumber or zucchini or something to keep it away from the real plants.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #2093
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Never had one of those which eats everything in sight! Anubias are supposed to be more resistant to being eaten due to their more solid leaves. Time to start feeding a chunk of cucumber or zucchini or something to keep it away from the real plants.
I know lol I put blanched food in a lot, my others eat it but she just wanders off and eats a plant! Even caught her floating around the tank with a stem

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130206_184838.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	150244
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #2094
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well today I had to do a PWC at 8am because the root tab's I put in caused an ammonia spike!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #2095
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
I know lol I put blanched food in a lot, my others eat it but she just wanders off and eats a plant! Even caught her floating around the tank with a stem

Attachment 150244
aahhhh caught in the act! I would call that one DE-struck-TOR! And give it its own tank with Elodia, blanched foods and algae tabs!

Cleaned filter and pwc on 37G.

Added a couple apple and mystery snails to the Betta tank to see if they eat Hydra, some posts suggest they do. The Betta probably isn't gonna like it. Supposed to get my medicine back this week from the gal I let borrow it for the Hydra. So in the mean time...snails it is!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #2096
Aquarium Advice Regular

50 percent water change in 125 tilly tank. completly broke down and reset up cannister filter on his tank (theres 3 other filters for the bb). wife hung fake plants in the 55 and took some floating driftwood for it to. moved catfish. realized he was alot bigger than before, need to wait till this weekend after hes chilled out to remove half the rocks and make just 1 or 2 caves. considering instead to take the 7 cories the 2 bn`s and clown pleco out of the 150 and put them in the 55 and move that catfish over to the 150. Still up in the air over it. I have another cat in a 125 but also male and they dont play well together. Tank as it was after moving him, he wedged himself in the first cave on the left next to his hide-a-log.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #2097
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

What are you going to be feeding them?
I have quite a wide range of food for both of my tanks. Flakes,shrimp pellets, bottom feeder tablets and algae wafers. They are in with neons, i am praying that they don't get eaten! But I have plenty of cover so they should be ok.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #2098
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How often do you Change your water?

So I am in one of my LFS and this one happened to be the one that gave me the Ich I have been. They are nice and I like to chat, I just need to make sure to Qt for a 3 week period. So I see this guy and he is looking in the tank, both Salt and Fresh. Thinking hey a new Aquarist potential Friend! I start asking about his tank. He has now joined our community! Welcome Toddytanks!
Oceangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2099

My mainganos didnt come in today should b here tomorrow .. checked on my plants alil more noticed the leaves are gone on half of them .. looked on another plant n saw the cories on one n the otos on another my gourami going bak n forth to both but i think it was just being nosey.. only thing left un touched is the moss ball .. africans still doing good with fake plants.. the biggest yellow lab tries to taste the stem from time to time then realizes its nasty n not food...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #2100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cleaned out both AC110's and put new sponge in one keeping the old sponge in the other. Changed out all purigen and poly fill

Clean tank, clear water! I'm a happy guy!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Garden time | - »