Rethought my bioCube set up- got my hands dirty and lost a few snails and one shrimp, but I have learned my lesson. Aquascaped and filled it- took out the media trays and filled the back with my best lr
rubble, used sponge, chemi pure bag and biofilters from my 10g nano, along with the water, took 10g from my puffers 40g along with sand for the bottom. I topped it off with box water started it, normal cloudiness and sand and some detritus, all readings normal- little bit low on the ph (7.9) so I buffered and set out on a mission.
Replace and up the amount of snails and add a mated pair of peppermint shrimp, and I am going to make this temporary situation work, and, honestly, I know it'll work out perfect, and I wanted a watchman goby or an algae blenny.
Luckily my adult hand raised pink spotted goby is a little bigger than puff (go figure, their algae blenny were all fry. That tipped the scales... I'm glad I made that decision. I added 3 turbo snails, 10 ceriths, 17 astrea, 10 nassarius, mated pair of peppermint shrimp and my watchman goby, tanks are balanced to each other and I may be able to move puff in next week.
My goby already has his spot claimed in a patch of sand 3 hours after introduction. He dives into the sand and between the side of the aquarium and a little cave I made flipping around and sticking his head out of the sand spitting a mouthful of it as he settled in, and there is no way puff puff could catch him or the mating (or molting) shrimp... He's too clumsy and he is completely oblivious to anything unless it approaches him in his tank...
Wish me luck, lol, I've been up 3 days working on this and doing my research, I'm almost ready to end this madness, well for a little while anyway, maybe I'll get some sleep...
Thanks for reading