Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #2101
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Cleaned out both AC110's and put new sponge in one keeping the old sponge in the other. Changed out all purigen and poly fill

Clean tank, clear water! I'm a happy guy!
What about the battle of the bubbles?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #2102
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rethought my bioCube set up- got my hands dirty and lost a few snails and one shrimp, but I have learned my lesson. Aquascaped and filled it- took out the media trays and filled the back with my best lr rubble, used sponge, chemi pure bag and biofilters from my 10g nano, along with the water, took 10g from my puffers 40g along with sand for the bottom. I topped it off with box water started it, normal cloudiness and sand and some detritus, all readings normal- little bit low on the ph (7.9) so I buffered and set out on a mission.

Replace and up the amount of snails and add a mated pair of peppermint shrimp, and I am going to make this temporary situation work, and, honestly, I know it'll work out perfect, and I wanted a watchman goby or an algae blenny.

Luckily my adult hand raised pink spotted goby is a little bigger than puff (go figure, their algae blenny were all fry. That tipped the scales... I'm glad I made that decision. I added 3 turbo snails, 10 ceriths, 17 astrea, 10 nassarius, mated pair of peppermint shrimp and my watchman goby, tanks are balanced to each other and I may be able to move puff in next week.

My goby already has his spot claimed in a patch of sand 3 hours after introduction. He dives into the sand and between the side of the aquarium and a little cave I made flipping around and sticking his head out of the sand spitting a mouthful of it as he settled in, and there is no way puff puff could catch him or the mating (or molting) shrimp... He's too clumsy and he is completely oblivious to anything unless it approaches him in his tank...

Wish me luck, lol, I've been up 3 days working on this and doing my research, I'm almost ready to end this madness, well for a little while anyway, maybe I'll get some sleep...

Thanks for reading

ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #2103
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

What about the battle of the bubbles?
No bubbles!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #2104

Well got my babies in today.. the guy sent 7 n there was no doa...yippie.. i ran home from work with fish n package did a pwc n rearrange the caves n plants some after acclimating the newbies added them .. they seemed to like their new digs wouldnt stay still long.. but i caught some pics then back to work and had to stay late so i couldnt enjoy my new babies..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130207_223937.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	150589   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130207_224139.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	150596  

Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #2105
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Replaced the bulbs for my t5 lights, got them on sale at petco. Went to one in a different city because I was in that area for some other things so figured I'd stop in. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how well the tanks were kept and how knowledgable the attendant in the fish dept was. The one closer to my house could use some good people like the ones at this store.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #2106
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Last night when I got home I looked at the tank and decided to break open the new API master test kit and check it.

My ph was 6.5
Ammonia was .25
and my Nitrite was 0
BUT
My Nitrate was dark red!!!

Since I have been rooting around in the tank A LOT (also doing pwc as well) but I didn't do any tests the last couple weeks as my test bottles were old all I had left was Ammonia test. Just got the new one a couple days ago.

Moved a huge bunch of driftwood and alot of plants 2x which kicked up tons of gunk, over the last week and a half.

I did a 75% pwc and tested it was orangie a little red so I did another 50% and I tested my tap too- tap water was 0 and then retested, and it was back to about 0, thank goodness.

My 72G had too many micro bubbles, the canister (FX5) has some air in it. Every 24 hrs it resets to purge air bubbles, so I waited and it got most of them, a little bit too many bubbles, but minor. Still hoping the next couple days and resets there will be none. Water is super clear though!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #2107
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just flushed $50 down the drain. Last week I bought 5 blueberry shrimp @$10 a shrimp. I haven't seen them in days, I've looked for them and the tank has many hiding spots. I hate to bring myself to assume that the neons in the tank had some VERY expensive shrimp cocktail.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #2108
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Just flushed $50 down the drain. Last week I bought 5 blueberry shrimp @$10 a shrimp. I haven't seen them in days, I've looked for them and the tank has many hiding spots. I hate to bring myself to assume that the neons in the tank had some VERY expensive shrimp cocktail.
That sucks!! I just bought some neon yellow shrimp and would have been pissed if the same happened.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #2109
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdklovesfish View Post

That sucks!! I just bought some neon yellow shrimp and would have been pissed if the same happened.
Yeah I'm not happy. I got them from my LFS. Cheap ghost shrimp from petsmart are a better option. I have a bunch in my 29 gallon and they are so big and entertaining to watch!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #2110
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Watching my pleco chase my cichlids around. Hes so grumpy. He gets mad when the cichlids take the repashy cubes from him. He spends a good 5 minutes just chasing everyone. It's kinda funny.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com