What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The number of infected rasbonas has gone from 2 to 4. Did the 50% pwc and medicated the tank. I'm just hoping it doesn't wipe out the entire school of them or spread to any other fish in the tank. The 2 first infected are not doing well at all I they do not improve by tomorrow I feel like I should put them out of their misery.

It's times like this I wish I had a qt/hospital tank.

Sorry to hear things aren't good :( i hope they improve for you.

did a huge water change and cleanup on the 55 gallon, have a cyanobacteria outbreak going on. moved two of the angels to their own tank so they can "get it on" in peace :brows:

did a huge water change and maintenance on mom's 28 gallon bowfront. she's had fish dying lately. there's "stuff" in the tank. I think one of the grandkids "fed" the fish :(

Her 75 gallon is semi-aggressive. Had a pictus catfish die a few days ago, she didnt realize the pleco was missing until today....
0nah.jpg

Changed the tanks for the baby blue crays and cleaned it first. Found a crack in the original one, so today was looked like the perfect day to make the switch, lol. Was going to do it anyway...

Changed water on one other lil tank. Added water to the OEBT tank and the Betta Chi.

Made about 5-6 Christmas moss rocks and Subwassertang rock. Decided to use some of it and see if it would look amazing after it grows out. Have just enough Christmas Moss left for the DW piece. Need to get a little piece of stainless steel screen to stitch a bunch of Subwassertang to it.

Changed the tanks for the baby blue crays and cleaned it first. Found a crack in the original one, so today was looked like the perfect day to make the switch, lol. Was going to do it anyway...

Changed water on one other lil tank. Added water to the OEBT tank and the Betta Chi.

Made about 5-6 Christmas moss rocks and Subwassertang rock. Decided to use some of it and see if it would look amazing after it grows out. Have just enough Christmas Moss left for the DW piece. Need to get a little piece of stainless steel screen to stitch a bunch of Subwassertang to it.

Busy busy busy.... lol sounds like itll look good when completed

i have down nothing but feed.. need to do pwc on all 5 tanks trying to wait for the water problems we are having to clear up first ...

Wasn't a good day at work, very very stressed. Came home and did wc on both tanks. I wasn't paying attention and spilled I'm not sure how much water. Other than that, everybody is accounted for. Considering adding some ottos to the 10g betta tank but not sure yet, he's a killer.

Land Plants In Aquarium

Emersed a Chinese Evergreen in my 38 G. Removed the two Hagen AC 50s and replaced them with two internal Tetra Whisper 10s and dropped the water level to make room for the plant leaves. The 10s are much smaller than the 50s, of course. It didn't take long for the Evergreen roots to take in the nitrogen from the fish waste. Water chemistry is fine, just nitrates in the mid 20 ppm range. Just use the small filters for surface movement for gas exchange, anyway. Fish and aquatic plants are fine. A 50 percent water change and replace the filter media every couple of weeks and I'm done.

B

Recently found a steal for a 75g tank to upgrade my SA cichlids. I cleaned it and need to re-seal it and find a place for it (empty out dresser, etc.) Been working on that so much lately, I must have been neglecting my African cichlids. I found my OB dead this morning :( immediate water change and vac.

Relocated our betta bowl to my daughter's room after discussing his needs and personality, removed heater as a trial

Added floaters (pistia stratiotes) and ferts to our 6-gal tall tetra tank

I obsessed over our now 3-day old shrimp tank, a 2-gal long (thread pending)

Started a new thread here too: My Grow Bucket "tank"

Last edited:
Planted tank long overdue for a trim! Most of the Bacopa caroliniana reached the top of the tank and the Salvinia covered about 50% of the surface. I threw some Bacopa in my ornamental pond and they disappeared under the lily pads. A few weeks later I see it growing out of the water. More swimming room for the fish.
Here is a before and after shot:
CeR08L1.jpg

Planted tank long overdue for a trim! Most of the Bacopa caroliniana reached the top of the tank and the Salvinia covered about 50% of the surface. I threw some Bacopa in my ornamental pond and they disappeared under the lily pads. A few weeks later I see it growing out of the water. More swimming room for the fish.

Extremely nice!

Soaking driftwood pieces .. my bucket isnt quite big enough so im gonna put them in something bigger.. i know the blues are gonna love it if one will fit mayb too big :/ so then they will go in the 55g ...

Fed the tanks and topped off evaporated water.. looked into getting a pleco and might have the hubbu talked into it .... want a L235 :)

CeR08L1.jpg

After is better looking, nice trim job!

Well I bought and cleaned some CaribSea FloraMax. For the 12G Edge tank.

Added Staurogyne Repens (SR)and Cryptocoryne Balansae, Crispatula var. Balansae, from Petsmart and I bought some Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Tropica'
some stems of the plants I got last week, the Red Rotala and the Sunset Hygrophila.

Moved my Christmas Moss onto a twig and added a Anubias Nana 'Petite' into a little nook. Aaaahhh so nice.....

Then I added more water and completely forgot the DW was going to float. Well it floated and floated well!

I knocked over almost all the SR I had just planted, smashed a little bit of it with the DW while I was trying to figure out what I would use to hold it down. Came up with a big white quartz stone. it was too big and flopped over and banged against the glass.

Almost had a heart attack thinking it was gonna break!!!

Found a couple smaller Iron stone river rocks, needed two to keep it down and tucked them into the wood.

Finished by adding some additional substrate and water and hooked up the filter.

The LED lights compared to the Halogen in my 6G Edge, are so much brighter. :eek:

It is a bit cloudy, a couple hours after messing with it. Maybe 20% more to clear up. hopefully by morning.

Not very Glorious, but here is the first pic.

60074-albums13090-picture60891.jpg

After is better looking, nice trim job!

Well I bought and cleaned some CaribSea FloraMax. For the 12G Edge tank.

Added Staurogyne Repens (SR)and Cryptocoryne Balansae, Crispatula var. Balansae, from Petsmart and I bought some Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Tropica'
some stems of the plants I got last week, the Red Rotala and the Sunset Hygrophila.

Moved my Christmas Moss onto a twig and added a Anubias Nana 'Petite' into a little nook. Aaaahhh so nice.....

Then I added more water and completely forgot the DW was going to float. Well it floated and floated well!

I knocked over almost all the SR I had just planted, smashed a little bit of it with the DW while I was trying to figure out what I would use to hold it down. Came up with a big white quartz stone. it was too big and flopped over and banged against the glass.

Almost had a heart attack thinking it was gonna break!!!

Found a couple smaller Iron stone river rocks, needed two to keep it down and tucked them into the wood.

Finished by adding some additional substrate and water and hooked up the filter.

The LED lights compared to the Halogen in my 6G Edge, are so much brighter. :eek:

It is a bit cloudy, a couple hours after messing with it. Maybe 20% more to clear up. hopefully by morning.

Not very Glorious, but here is the first pic.

Thats soo nice! Where did you get the dw?

The DW came from a lfs. DW is called red spiderwood. Store owner said because it turns a red color after it gets water logged.

We shall see :)

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the positive words. I have been working towards getting this set up put together for so many months. Planning and dreaming... and I was so lucky to get the tank.

Was eye balling the Spiderwood for over a year too. They finally sold the original piece I spotted, but this one is even better!!! :flowers:

Just fed everyone and watched them. Between cleaning the kitchen entirely and playing find the kitten with Momma Cat I didnt have time for the tank stuff I had planned for today. Guess after my meeting for work tomorrow I will get all my tank stuff done. Hopefully that will include moving my marbled crays and maybe setting up a new betta pair. At the very least I plan on some water changes, and now that I have an extension for my water changer I can reach my fish room with it!

Just received my shipment of tilapia joka's. they look great and already eating :)

image-1061379623.jpg

Attachments

• image-1522568768.jpg
    image-1522568768.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1958255312.jpg
    image-1958255312.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom