Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #2121
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Tetra1990 sometimes they molt when getting to new environment, and then hide for few days, hope they are just hiding!

Added a few fish to the 72G trying to take a couple decent pics for my 72G adventure thread, but so far the fish aren't really cooperating! Going for another try.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #2122
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did some tests today, does anyone else have a constant reading of 0. for nitrates? My planted 20 gallon has no reading for nitrate what so ever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #2123
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliwopp View Post
Did some tests today, does anyone else have a constant reading of 0. for nitrates? My planted 20 gallon has no reading for nitrate what so ever.
Typically you should see nitrate unless your verrrry heavily planted. Plants use nitrates too so its good to have around 10 ppm.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #2124
Aquarium Advice Addict

Done some scrubbing on my saltwater tank glass for the first time today. Trying to get all the hydroids off of it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #2125

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliwopp View Post
Mine always reads that 2.. i think its just bc my fish arent full grown but i could b wrong.. i thought it was my api kit but i checked dates on it plus i just got it a few months ago.. i decided to experiment n see so i didnt do a pwc n only toppe off the water level weekly n tested water it took a month to get a change in nitrates n ammonia which i normally do pwc every week
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #2126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Done a 50% water change on my wife's planted tank. Nitrates were at 40 omg I've never seen it over 20 and do pwc every week.
Doesn't look like the plants are doing good and water gets cloudy by the end of every day
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #2127
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Separated Blue and Red Cherry Shrimp. Brought home a big bag of Blue Cherry Shrimp, there were a few others mixed in too, tried to separate the blue.

Very excited to get additional Blues from another source than my original ones to widen the gene pool!!! There were some nice darker blues and quite a few berried females so I am hoping the transfer goes well and I don't have any losses!!! Really happy with the new colors!!!!!!!!!

I will try for a few pics tomorrow when then they get their color back and calm down.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #2128
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Separated Blue and Red Cherry Shrimp. Brought home a big bag of Blue Cherry Shrimp, there were a few others mixed in too, tried to separate the blue.

Very excited to get additional Blues from another source than my original ones to widen the gene pool!!! There were some nice darker blues and quite a few berried females so I am hoping the transfer goes well and I don't have any losses!!! Really happy with the new colors!!!!!!!!!

I will try for a few pics tomorrow when then they get their color back and calm down.
Can't wait to see
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #2129
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pulled out lots of baby MTS I'm getting ready to sell, have tons of itty bitty rams horn babies, and many more eggs, still waiting for berried shrimp, most (almost all) were adolescent so I'm giving them a while, trimmed down my floating tiger lotus leaves, and set up a delivery ward for my molly.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #2130
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I spent about an hour building a stand for a 10 gallon. Needed to finish it off with a couple of screws to tighten the top,so I put it on top of a stool to reach it easily without bending over. Got to that last screw and the stand slid off the stool. it fell corner first....cracking it in that area pretty good I almost cried...but it's still intact and very sturdy for what it will be doing.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »