What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I did a 30%WC, ended up using too much water conditioner, (got some better advice on it) and am now caring for a guppy who's a bit off, (posted elsewhere).

Did a bunch of research and window shopping for materials in preparation of having an axolotl.

Checked parameters in DT. Did weekly PWC. Trimmed and replanted ludwigia. Gave fish weekly frozen bloodworm treat. All look heathy.

Lost another rummy nose in QT. Just two left. Still treating for ich. Fewer spots today. Temp 86.5 F. Doing all I can. Tomorrow it will be a week since I bought them. Sad to watch them die but are least the QT kept my other fish safe.

Found my daughters Betta is not looking good in the tank. He had a little bad water on the other tank but now is looking ill and breathing fast and laying at the bottom of the tank. I added Prime and gave him a little frozen brine shrimp and he didn't even move for it.

He is a few years old... My daughter's really sad. He was a rescue.

Gave brine shrimp the the other guys, and some to the Fire Red shrimp, they grabbed them right away!

Havent done much to my tanks all levels are good though.... my hubby used my water changer and pumped oil or something with it now i gotta buy a new one as im not cleaning it and taking any.chances of missing something. We are heading to town now gonna look at tank decor and what nots .. maybe a few new fish ;)

WC's in the two tanks. Trimmed some rotala indica and wisteria. If anybody wants the wisteria pm me. I don't ship. (Please don't get mad for saying that) :hide:

Anyways back to the tanks. I might get rid of my Golden wonder killies and get some harlequin rasboras and endlers today.

Re-scaped our 6G Cyl Tank, will post pics on this thread later...

Found this while cleaning off and replanting plants... damselfly nymph, perhaps?
20130831_080526.jpg

Here is a link I used to ID this critter... not sure where it came from...

Here is more about the genus Calopteryx

Last edited:
Purchased some driftwood and lava rocks for my tank, as well as Flourish Comprehensive and CO2 Booster... Also bought a pre-filter sponge as I experienced a few filter intake debacles in the past and the intake was far too strong for the inhabitants.

UPDATE: Added everything to the tank and it looks fantastic! Very pleased with the outcome.

image-1667416367.jpg

image-2421486651.jpg

image-186022401.jpg

image-2618710372.jpg

Chaned all my 1 gal water tanks put dragonscale Betta in with snail in 2.5 gal. And added one male an one female to ten gal of 3 females . I'm considering after those in ten gal have bee there for month to put in 29 gal and put just feeder guppies not fancy in ten gal and put either my half moon or reg Betta with them cuz they r not aggressive . I tested by putting al Betta by each other ad only those two did not flare and my 2 crown tail flared a lot and dragon scale only a lil

My DD's adopted rescue Betta passed away today. Last night he looked bad.

She was so sad about him today when she told me, I was at work still. Personally I cared about him but he was her little guy. :bawl: Mostly sad for her, she was very attached... He was a beautiful turquoise color with ruffled fins.

Before she had him, he survived in a Lava Lamp set up, and when we got him he was in an gelatinous slime of golden brownish water, I don't know even how he survived it. We had him a couple years.

I had some Elodea /waterweed which decided to start melting, received as a freebie plant, and really fouled/messed up my snail jar, I did pwc but it needs another one and removed the worst ones, I think I will need to remove all of them :facepalm:

Weird how I can't keep a weed alive. :eek:

Stared admiringly at my Fire Red shrimp, they look so good in that tank!!!

Now considering what to change into the 5G tank now that the Betta has passed.

Have my avatar Dragonscale Betta in the 5G Chi, but would maybe prefer it as a shrimp tank...

I hate working so much because I don't have as much time to play with my fish tanks!:lol:

My DD's adopted rescue Betta passed away today. Last night he looked bad.

She was so sad about him today when she told me, I was at work still. Personally I cared about him but he was her little guy. :bawl: Mostly sad for her, she was very attached... He was a beautiful turquoise color with ruffled fins.

Before she had him, he survived in a Lava Lamp set up, and when we got him he was in an gelatinous slime of golden brownish water, I don't know even how he survived it. We had him a couple years.

I had some Elodea /waterweed which decided to start melting, received as a freebie plant, and really fouled/messed up my snail jar, I did pwc but it needs another one and removed the worst ones, I think I will need to remove all of them :facepalm:

Weird how I can't keep a weed alive. :eek:

Stared admiringly at my Fire Red shrimp, they look so good in that tank!!!

Now considering what to change into the 5G tank now that the Betta has passed.

Have my avatar Dragonscale Betta in the 5G Chi, but would maybe prefer it as a shrimp tank...

I hate working so much because I don't have as much time to play with my fish tanks!:lol:

:( poor betta

I know the feeling about working.. glad im ok vacation from work this week gonna clean and rearrange my tanks and put in some much needed tlc im behind on

Noticed my blues mating again then sat down and saw my snails mating.. got a few new holding females.. guess love is in the air at my house lol

So sorry Wilkieam. What a horrible way to start the day. How am the rest of your fishies doing?

That's so sad for your DD, Autumsky. Children get so attached,as do we adults, but those first few deaths of pets are so hard...

I ordered a Aquaclear 50 as a second filter on my 55 gallon. It did have a second one in the past but in died, possible because I didn't clean it out enough in all the parts and here was a lot of sand in the water when it stopped working. It was an Aqueon. That's not the first time I've lost an Aqueon filter. I probably am not cleaning the filters properly.

This time I ordered cup shaped sponges that are designed to go over the intake tubes of the filters. Since I have sand that might help prolong the filter lives.

Back
Top Bottom