What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woke up to find my DG dead this morning. :'( I feel dead inside.

Losing a beloved pet is difficult, sometimes you didn't even realize just how much companionship they gave and how attached you were. I am sorry for your loss.

How are your parameters, I generally recommend big pwc after any death.

Woke up to five dead ghost shrimp and ich. Maybe this will make my mom reconsider a QT.

I checked my tank of 10 gal with new guppy females and last night had 3 fry ad I can see 6 now :)

Bought a anubius nano to put.in my 55g and some root tabs , grabbed some calcium powder gonna make a snail jello soon...

Got my siphon today too so gonna go home and start my pwc gonna be great.... :/ back to lugging buckets until we can fix our draining problems properly..

Will be cleaning atleast one filter out on the 125g notice it isnt flowing like it should think its a sledge buildup yuck... musta skipped cleaning it last time :/

Checked my 12G Edge and found that the 2 Mystery snails are still alive and that the giant slime gel on the new DW has diminished about 75%. Whew...I was a little scared it was gonna get worst.

Work is taking up all my time! I need to do pwc on it - DW is making the water amber color, I will likely test it too on Tues my day off. Just to see how it is going.

Have put in my pre order for about 40 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis, so I am hoping the seeded filter pad I used is good for the tank. Figure a school of maybe 15 or so for the 12G and then 10 for my 6.6G Edge.

Toying with the idea of not selling my 16G bowfront and making it a nano fish set up with CPD, Scarlet badis, all the awesome little fish which would like to eat my expensive shrimp babies, lol.

Otherwise there are a couple people who would take any left over Chilis, lol.

Otherwise there are a couple people who would take any left over Chilis, lol.

I would!

BTW, I used all of plants you sent me, less one, in the rescaping of our 6G :)

My favorite turned out to be the two tiny java fern plantlets which I tied onto DW in the last moment!

Technically not today, but last night I turned this
20130818_155521.jpg

Into this:
DSC00898.JPG

That looks fantastic!

Nice transformation! Looks great

Wow magical! Like a whole nother world

Maybe a frosted background...

Thanks all! I just put the black background on so I'm going to go with that for a while. I like how it makes the colors pop. I'm also going to be running high lighting as soon as I get my co2 system. I have my LEDs running only 50% right now using liquid carbon for a bit.

Losing a beloved pet is difficult, sometimes you didn't even realize just how much companionship they gave and how attached you were. I am sorry for your loss.

How are your parameters, I generally recommend big pwc after any death.

I'll do a water change later today once I'm done with my regular chores.

Gave my pastor at church on of my old 20 gallon set ups that has been empty for 6 months along with a stand because as it tuns out he's a fish nerd too! :)he came over to our house for dinner and saw my tank and started talking fish and plants with me and wanted a tank in his office but couldn't afford it at the moment. Good deed for the week... Done!:lol:

Decided to rescape my African cichlids tank. Tell me I'd you would change anything.

And is $300 a good deal for a 55 with lights, stand, heater(s) and filters(s) a good deal. It's from a local petsmart.

Attachments

• image-2900013761.jpg
    image-2900013761.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 67
I collected some aquatic moss on a hike today that I am yet to identify.

I also snapped a pic of this fellow at my gf's house... biggest one I've seen in a while, in Beverly Hills at least.
ForumRunner_20130901_171936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom