What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to aquarium adventure Colombus and purchased a few live plants and a fire eel for my planted aquarium !! :) and helped my mom pick out some angelfish for her tank !!!

Pwc in all my tanks, and fed my platy fry. They r still going strong. I was finally able to put in my homemade background in my 30g! So excited! Pics attached, sry about the low lighting.

Attachments

• image-2824794179.jpg
    image-2824794179.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 108
Picked up this red and silver beauty!

img_2636203_0_f7bf88c1854983a0e1c46b0e1746c208.jpg

It should be what haven't I done to my tank today. Almost finished up my new 135g in wall salt tank. Did a full cleaning to my 55g salt that is located above it. Water was cloudy for a few hrs. Rearranged everything inside the tank.

I trimmed and replanted some of my ludwigia. I thinned some of my dwarf sag. Cleaned a few spots of green spot algae off the front glass that I missed at last week's cleaning. It is small and light so is easy to miss. Takes a bit of rubbing with the algae scrubber to remove. Glad I only get a little and only in one area.

Planning what to do next in trimming up and thinning out the plants.

The rest of the time I just enjoyed watching my fish.

I trimmed and replanted some of my ludwigia. I thinned some of my dwarf sag. Cleaned a few spots of green spot algae off the front glass that I missed at last week's cleaning. It is small and light so is easy to miss. Takes a bit of rubbing with the algae scrubber to remove. Glad I only get a little and only in one area.

Planning what to do next in trimming up and thinning out the plants.

The rest of the time I just enjoyed watching my fish.

Been watching the progression of the dwarf sag. When thinning (something I desperately need to do) do you simply take out every third or fourth plant in a collection? Mine are connected by runners; started out with 6-7 and few months later I can't count them. I figure they should do better with some space between them so they get more light. Right now they are crowded and growing vertically probably due to completion for light. Here's a shot:
SuVIddD.jpg

Been watching the progression of the dwarf sag. When thinning (something I desperately need to do) do you simply take out every third or fourth plant in a collection? Mine are connected by runners; started out with 6-7 and few months later I can't count them. I figure they should do better with some space between them so they get more light. Right now they are crowded and growing vertically probably due to completion for light. Here's a shot:

Mine is in sand so when I pull one up I get more than one. I just pull it up and replant what I want. You have an impressive amount and is more dense than mine. I want to thin mine because it looks kind of raggedy and unkept.

This tank without co2? Ferts? Nice greenery

Mine is in sand so when I pull one up I get more than one. I just pull it up and replant what I want. You have an impressive amount and is more dense than mine. I want to thin mine because it looks kind of raggedy and unkept.

It only started growing like that in the last couple of months. For the first 4-5 months I could barely keep it alive. After I introduced CO2 (DIY) things started to take off. Slowly at first. Now I have runners in almost every direction.
I was thinking about possibly removing the other plants and going with only the dwarf sag to get that "prairie/grassland" look. With a few manzanita branches poking out above the plain. Idk.

Decided, after my multiple-month long struggle with black hair algae in my 30gallon, to tear it down and consolidate the fish and plants to my 50gallon. Planning on venturing into the saltwater world by the end of next week.

Checked tank I have about 6 or more fry in 10 gal and 6 or more fry in 29 gal . I have created filters for both tanks so I don't overload system

Looked at it. I put some riccia on rocks in a thing if water and today it was pearling. I'm so happy!

Attachments

• image-2157395147.jpg
    image-2157395147.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 94
Added some calcium powder to my invert tanks and thats about it ...

Edit: As soon as I posted one of my filters stopped working got up cleane it and changed padding .. it wasnt that dirty i just cleaned it a few weeks ago.. got it running an the one on my 20g stopped cleaned and changed padding on it then fed my africans its time to rearrange they are fighting which usually I dont really even have much chasing anymore

Bought a fluval 406 today jist waiting on its arrival. Ive always wanted to compare the 406 and eheim 2217 myself without relying on other peoples views and now i can.

Tank Clean out

Cleaned out the 16G bowfront - Went from this
60074-albums9763-picture61380.jpg

To this :eek:

60074-albums9763-picture61379.jpg

Then I added back some stems and Java Fern and Dwarf Vals

Captured and sorted about 70+ dwarf shrimp.

Moved the Bamboo Shrimp, Amano Shrimp.

Rainbow Blue Platy RBP family to 37G with their cousins and aunts and uncles.

The RBP fry appx 6 to snail jar and took out the snails.

White Cloud Mountain Minnow pair out and then back in again.

I didn't realize this would take ALL day!!!:lol:

My 12G Edge is even better today, the slime gel is gone about 95%, just a couple spots left.

The Snails in there are getting huge, lol - water has tannins (amber color) but the cloudiness is also almost gone, maybe when the rest of the slime is gone.

Found a sick looking a guppy momma, all the rest of the fish seem fine.

Thanks for listening! :brows:

Back
Top Bottom