Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #2191
Aquarium Advice Addict

I caught my neon black hi fin variatus and Mickey Mouse platies, took them to the fish guy and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. I'm acclimating them as I type.

Now that my 55 is empty, save for MTS and some really quick ghost shrimp, I'll start aquascaping today.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #2192
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!! Where it looks golden silver color is really orange!

[IMG][/IMG]

The pics are no justice to the real color, and that snail is really almost orange too. My daughter took a couple pics but she is at work I will add them later when I get her to send them to me.

They got acclimated and started swimming looking hungry and ate three helpings of Hikari Microbites, these two are quarter size and the other two have more marbling more like 60% Orange more dime nickle size not including fins! These two especially were a great deal!

And I got a Reticulated Hillstream loach, wow! So pretty $14.95, though, owch! A Horned Nerite, grey fine reticulated type pattern black spikes, so cool, the size of a Garbonzo bean.

Three Baby Boraras Brigittae Rasbora to add my school back to normal again.

And one super awesome Nano piece of driftwood 8-9"x5" looks like a flame! For my shrimp tank, will get more pics up soon of everything!

What an awesome bunch of stuff I am sooooo lucky!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #2193
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!!

[/IMG]

The pics are no justice to the real color, and that snail is really almost orange too. My daughter took a couple pics but she is at work I will add them later when I get her to send them to me.

They got acclimated and started swimming looking hungry and ate three helpings of Hikari Microbites, these two are quarter size and the other two have more marbling more like 60% Orange more dime nickle size not including fins! These two especially were a great deal!

And I got a Reticulated Hillstream loach, wow! So pretty $14.95, though, owch! A Horned Nerite, grey fine reticulated type pattern black spikes, so cool, the size of a Garbonzo bean.

And one super awesome Nano piece of driftwood 8-9"x5" looks like a flame! For my shrimp tank, will get more pics up soon of everything!

Very beautiful! Would love an angel in my tank
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #2194
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!! Where it looks golden silver color is really orange!

[/IMG]

Yeah, shipping is a royal pain! I ordered 8 assassin snails and the shipping was crazy. Price of snails+shipping was almost $100.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #2195
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Yeah, shipping is a royal pain! I ordered 8 assassin snails and the shipping was crazy. Price of snails+shipping was almost $100.
I hope you got more than some assassin snails for $100.00!!! WOW that is very crazy! But yes so excited I didn't have to pay for shipping!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #2196
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bought plants and attempted my first planted tank!! 5G ready for a dwarf puffer

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-140161548.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	153761

Added some floating plants to my 16G, my tetras seem to be very pleased about it and are looking more confident, out and about all over the tank! Happy
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #2197
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got alot done today. Caught the fish I didn't want and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. Acclimated and put them in my 35 gal hex. Then I completely rescaped the 55. What do you guys think?

55 gal before:

55 gal after!:

35 gal hex community:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #2198
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New and old designs both look good. I kind of like the old one more because there are more plants
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #2199
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post
Got alot done today. Caught the fish I didn't want and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. Acclimated and put them in my 35 gal hex. Then I completely rescaped the 55. What do you guys think?

55 gal before:

55 gal after!:

35 gal hex community:
Like the jungle look of first pic and like the river bed look of the second!! Well done
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #2200
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just plumbed my new canister filter to my 37 gal. Also bought some media online, along with a new net and a dip and pour. Went to petsmart and saw that they have a way bigger and healthier setup than they did lays time I went. I was pleasantly surprised and might buy some GBRs from them.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com