What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, some of my brine shrimp have hatched. I dropped some in my tank and watched my guppies go into a frenzy.

Took out a neon tetra with some kind of cloudy spot on him. Put him in a bowl for treatment.

Brine shrimp hatchery, very fun! and nutritious! Sorry about your sick fish.

I love my new brine hatchery. I feel like a shrimp farmer ;D

As for my neon, not sure what he has, but definitely need to go to the shop today for medicine. (Even though I was given 3 tetras free of charge because the man at petco said a couple might die) I don't want any of my fish dyin

ForumRunner_20130906_085942.jpg

ForumRunner_20130906_090153.jpg

g.

I love my new brine hatchery. I feel like a shrimp farmer ;D

As for my neon, not sure what he has, but definitely need to go to the shop today for medicine. (Even though I was given 3 tetras free of charge because the man at petco said a couple might die) I don't want any of my fish dyin

Sounds like he knew they were sick... and sold them to you anyway, not cool!

Even though they replace them, it could make other fish sick.

Pulled all my convict fry/juvies to go to the LFS tomorrow. Hopefully he'll take them! Tore up my entire tank to do so!

Now I'm about to do w/c's on all my small tanks and move around some of my bettas
Then I'll hopefully have enough time to replant everything before I have to go to watch my boyfriend bowl.

Been busy today with my tanks...lol dropped in root tabs in one tank and changed some moss over to the betta tanks... the hubby enjoyed the shrimp and snails so much he told me to order more to fill the tank...lol

So i ordered away before he changed his mind...lol i have tons of stuff coming yellow rabbit tylo snails, chocolate tylo snails, white spot tylo snails, sakura red shrimp, blueberry sulawesi shrimp, cholla wood and i think thats it... lol

Just fed the tanks.. found a dead looked to be adult female shrimp from my new batch today :(

Ordered some yellow neo shrimp for a different tank and some purple dark foot mystery snails .. fixing to order some food and mineral rock also.. should have several packages coming in next week... and for once the ole ball and chain is as excited as me ... (bought him some video games and laid a cash deposit down for one coming out )

This week was the best stay at home vacation i have ever had... ;)

Fed fish... I feel bad for my snail I can't afford to buy cuttle bone all the time ... It cost more than the snail guess I'm not ping to do snails anymore though I love them... I'm trying find it new home . My water is to soft if your in Ohio my snail is free .. I would ship but you have to pay shipping ahead of time

Fed fish... I feel bad for my snail I can't afford to buy cuttle bone all the time ... It cost more than the snail guess I'm not ping to do snails anymore though I love them... I'm trying find it new home . My water is to soft if your in Ohio my snail is free .. I would ship but you have to pay shipping ahead of time

Wish I had your problem, mine water comes out at hardness of concrete lol

I finally put my newly extended water changer to the test and cleaned all of the tanks in my fish room without having to haul buckets! It's wonderful although I have to have my boyfriend help with the filling part since I broke the lever on the end that lets me shut off the water at the hose end, and its pretty far to run from the back room to the sink without risking an overflow. So I just yelled to him to shut off and start the water at the tap.

To bad we can't trade out water to even us out . Im not sure if I should euthanize my snail it can hide all the way in its shell anymore and if u look under when its closed it doesn't cover all its underneath anymore

I finally put my newly extended water changer to the test and cleaned all of the tanks in my fish room without having to haul buckets! It's wonderful although I have to have my boyfriend help with the filling part since I broke the lever on the end that lets me shut off the water at the hose end, and its pretty far to run from the back room to the sink without risking an overflow. So I just yelled to him to shut off and start the water at the tap.

I wish I had money for one of those but lucky my room is straight across narrow hallway to bathroom

I wish I had money for one of those but lucky my room is straight across narrow hallway to bathroom

My fish room is right next to the hall bathroom but that is where we keep the kittens when we can't supervise them and at least when I'm here alone it makes it hard for me to change water with buckets. Can't keep an eye on 4 rambunctious kittens, keep them out of the fish room, and change water at the same time! So I've added 40 feet of hose to my water changer!

I pm'ed you.

Maybe you can do some crushed coral for the substrate. Keep a bucket of water with a little pump to circulate through the coral bag and keep a ready supply of harder water for your snails. Snails are way cool.

Maybe some SW keeper could get you a few scoops. Post and see if someone nearby can help you out.

As for the cuttlebone, you can use one of those every 6 months maybe...not too expensive.

Tank the snail is in

image-907439492.jpg

Hoping its not to far gone I got this snail from Petsmart

image-2478910429.jpg if I knew my water wouldn't work well with snail I never would have got it I learned hard way about needing to research more because Petsmart doesn't inform you well. I am new to fish and aquariums

Attachments

• image-537348525.jpg
    image-537348525.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3782235707.jpg
    image-3782235707.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom