What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started with a store bought 50g the 1st of the year with stand/canopy/filter. A good fishing bud of mines was asking question about aquarium & had one when he was younger. He is tight on the funds since he is now a father & was looking at c.list for a good setup. Since I got the 130g & a 29g, I washed up the 50g that was put away & surprised him with everything he needed & asked for nothing. He is doing a plant & community school & told him I am not the plant guy for his project. lol! Pay it Forward!

Thats very sweet... im doing almost the.same for my sister she got a 10g given to her im taking some of my sand for her and getting plants for all our tanks plan to give her some too.. plus seeding media now for it ..

Sounds like things have been full of activity around here!

Today I picked up 2 packages of Pogostemon Helferi. The store by where I work had them. Haven't seen them for weeks!

Was so excited to see them again. My fish ate all my other ones! So I will be trying the Downoi in with the shrimp and the LED lights instead. I am hoping not to be loosing money on this again! lol

I worked on my aquascape in my freshwater tank. I'm making a dwarf hairgrass carpet. Below is a picture from two days ago, and then a picture of it today.

Wow. That is fabulous looking. What fishies are you going to put in their? (They will love i!)

.....I also bought a small female blue/ 3 spot gourami to go with my adult female gourami. Hoping they get along but have a tank to rehome the little one if necessary.

The adult has been chasing and nipping at the little one since yesterday so I rehomed her to the 14 gallon for now. She only an inch big so that will do for awhile. It's a planted tank without many plants so I'll go pick some up at Petco. They are on sale.

I started with a store bought 50g the 1st of the year with stand/canopy/filter. A good fishing bud of mines was asking question about aquarium & had one when he was younger. He is tight on the funds since he is now a father & was looking at c.list for a good setup. Since I got the 130g & a 29g, I washed up the 50g that was put away & surprised him with everything he needed & asked for nothing. He is doing a plant & community school & told him I am not the plant guy for his project. lol! Pay it Forward!

What a good/evil friend you are, lol! Sucking your friend so completely into the hobby!! Actually that's awesome.

Water changes for the planted and shrimp tanks (made me late for work).

Last week I bought a bag of Sunrise River Rock from Lowes. Rinsed them (soaked in hot water and did the vinegar test) and selected some stones for the two aquariums. Tonight I will figure out which stones to put in each tank.
F7EnJx9.jpg

Did nothing with my tanks today, but I discovered i have at least 7 more platy fry that came today. At least I had already moved the mom into her own tank. :)

Cleaned my crays tank and caught them mating again...they should hang a do not disturb sign on the stump...lol

Yeah my snails did it again as well. When I first put my black ramshorn snails in, one had immediately laid 7 eggs in a sac.

Not sure if its normal. But it's cool, since I only have two (black) right now.

Purchased a master test kit, going to test the levels soon.

Got blood worms for the bettas.

A new led lid for the 10g, currently cycling with some media from my other tank.

I also put my younger female betta in the CT, and put the male back in his own bowl.

Added some stones to the 20g long planted tank:
29ERufQ.jpg

0bvMaFw.jpg

eglR3GV.jpg

DnBGYb4.jpg

Not sure if I will keep the ones on the far right. Very bright. Maybe the will look better with a layer of biofilm and/or algae.

I did nothing with my tanks yesterday but I did pickup a nice RAOK from a fellow SCAPE member in the SFV yesterday

About 10-12 bunches of Blyxa J
20130917_203238.jpg

And a few random stems to try in my new 23G when I get around to starting it
7b896GY1J4641VmADA68PjZCA7kMLeu8F5Ry2z24oS4=w649-h487-no

Purchased a complete CO2 system from Green Leaf Aquariums! Can't wait to get that running and see my plants take off.

If anyone is needing a system I highly recommend this place. I've heard nothing but great things about the quality and Orlando who handles emails is beyond knowledgeable and takes the time to make sure you completely understand everything.

Purchased a complete CO2 system from Green Leaf Aquariums! Can't wait to get that running and see my plants take off.

If anyone is needing a system I highly recommend this place. I've heard nothing but great things about the quality and Orlando who handles emails is beyond knowledgeable and takes the time to make sure you completely understand everything.

What did you pay for yours?

50% WC on 29,10 and 2.5 gal tanks. Checked fry in 10 gal they are 2 weeks old now and Molly fry are a week old. Did full water change for all 7 Betta in 1 gal tanks.... Half tempted to try breeding or a female sorority tank once my mom sets up her 20 gal hermit crab tank and If she gives me her 10 gal an its stand . Seems my two newest Betta are enjoying being with me they are not as scared an had bubble nests before water change . I am happy that all guppies I have had for nearly 3 weeks now from store have nog died and cory cats I got a little over a week ago are doing good. I have been doing my own water testin and it seems that only thing that was off when I used to do free test at store was the ph

Back
Top Bottom