What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely rehoam. They need lots of vertical space and a 10g won't do it. Try to give it to a lfs for some store credit!

He might be sick. I work in an hour and wont be able to monitor him. And my lfs owner is on the mainland right now =(

The angel was previously in the 10g with 3 other angels. They grew and need less to say, only the strong survive.

I got them for free.

So, I think my Marineland Penguin 100 died on me while I was at school today. Water is still going through it but the Biowheel isn't moving and the water level is sufficiently high. Are my fears correct?

If so, how soon do I need to replace it? I have an air stone in the tank so it's aerated. And should I replace it with another Penguin 100, or do you have another suggestion?

And to keep the thread on track, I fed my fish and dosed the tank today with liquid ferts.

So, I think my Marineland Penguin 100 died on me while I was at school today. Water is still going through it but the Biowheel isn't moving and the water level is sufficiently high. Are my fears correct?

If so, how soon do I need to replace it? I have an air stone in the tank so it's aerated. And should I replace it with another Penguin 100, or do you have another suggestion?

And to keep the thread on track, I fed my fish and dosed the tank today with liquid ferts.

I would get a filter twice the filtration size of your tank. I want to put my penguin 100 on my 10g and get a bigger one for my 20g.

Try post a thread in the equipment category to get further advice=)

Found a really pretty Doubletail Betta BUT he was kinda sick, took him home anyway and will have to see how he does. Here's the pic
60074-albums9317-picture62033.jpg

Got several additional plants for my tank.
Got Cryptocoryne Crispulata Balansae one pack was free there were 3 plants and 5 shoots total, in the other package were 7-8 shoots. Half price 4. My previous discount plants are growing well.

Cryptocoryne wendtii ' Tropica 3 young plants about 10-12 leaves ea for half price 4. and
A potted Melon Sword
A potted Ocelot Sword

The tropica, Melon and Ocelot Swords are new plants for me.

Planted a package of Downoi from last week and a package of Balansae and the Tropica today, the Melon and Ocelot Swords too.

Did Pwc on 5G new Bettas tank,

pwc 12G Edge, Sad to have found a knick in the glass where I dropped a rock :nono: a couple weeks ago, so a little unsure about the longevity of the thing. Didn't see it at the time it happened, so don't know if it was cause I was blind, there was algae on the tank, or it is getting worse... Really unsettled about it.

Added water to 37G / Planted Jar / 16G & 6.6G Edge.

Tried to add a Fern to the top of the Chi tank but there really wasn't enough root space for it / roots were too big so I moved an interesting rock on top of it.

Ordering bunch of things online for my fish today including a lid for the Chi tank. Plastic wrap isn't very attractive.

a 80% change on the African Dwarf Frog bowl and added a hopefully female friend for him so he would have company.

Checked the Betta after 2 hours and he is at least up right even if he still looks a little unwell.

The store had a gorgeous Elephant ear, similar color but a little buttery yellow in the middle, kinda like a light Mustard Gas. The whitish swoosh on his side is his elephant ear
60074-albums9317-picture62037.jpg

I can't find him anywhere! I guess I'll be taking everything out tomorrow if I don't see him in the morning.

Do these guys dig into the substrate?

And why do you need to find him.. perhaps not better to let him be and get settled in his new home?

Sometimes best not to stress them out after acclimation, but I don't know this species

Do these guys dig into the substrate? And why do you need to find him.. perhaps not better to let him be and get settled in his new home? Sometimes best not to stress them out after acclimation, but I don't know this species

I don't think they dig. I turned the light on this morning and he was out and about! He even ate a dried cricket. I was just afraid maybe he jumped out of the tank and the dog ate him because he was trying to leave the small container he was in during acclimation. That would have been sad. He's doing good though! Here is a pic of him today:

57623-albums11502-picture62039.png

To keep this on topic: I fed the minnows some crickets today. They loved them. I also rearranged the driftwood in my hex tank to give the new catfish better swimming space. I plan on doing a 10 gal pwc on the hex today.

Woke up this morning to check on the angelfish. He is still swimming, and looks the same. Maybe a bit happier since the new tank he is in has aquarium salt.

I didn't have time to cycle the water, I just started it yesterday for a future cory tank.

But turns out I need to give this fish some TLC first before then. Poor guy, I went to soak his decor from his previous tank. And OMG! The water turned black from all his scales decaying over time, it was settled under the gravel!

And I get the feeling that since his scales are gone, he doesn't like us looking at him. I went to feed him, he just looked at me. When I left for a few min. and came back, he was eating the flakes for a brief second before diving back down to stare at me=(

Got some new plants in today... got some java moss , amazon sword, 4 java ferns and some other stuff.... might order some more later so far i havent added anything anywhere but the 55g... lol i need to fill the 5 and 10 to.

Actually might put a fern in each ...

So mom gave me coupon plus a sale and her discount so got my dwarf gourami it's in with guppy fry ad my juli cory cat . He is only about half inch or so he is a sunset

image-3067181381.jpg

Attachments

• image-2700467326.jpg
    image-2700467326.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2210286558.jpg
    image-2210286558.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1649508061.jpg
    image-1649508061.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 42
Back