What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Switching my 2 juli cory cat from ten gal quarentin fry tank to 29 gal they are same size and looking at them in bowl while adjusting them to water I think they are male and a female

25% water change on the 20g. I rearranged a lot and added a pump and driftwood.

Attachments

• image-1974868770.jpg
    image-1974868770.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 78
Did a 75% water change on my bettas tank it needs more plants pm me if you have an idea for a better aquascape don't want to hijack the thread lol

Bought a sponge to clean my new (used) 10g tank. Then I bought a penguin 150 to put on my 20g, and switched the penguin 100 to my 10g.

Purchased plants
2 Anubias
1 Cryprocoryne
& the guy also gave me some freebies to research!!!
Like the Trichomones Javanicum

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Didn't do much on Sunday

Fed tanks, added Excel to our Pico Cube, stuck a small Blyxa J in the cube

Found a berried rilli shrimp in our 2G Nano Long on Saturday, got good pics, but she hides a lot...
20130921_141441.jpg

This morning I found another berried female
20130923_075834.jpg

I think we are at least 30 days away from hatching but it looks promising!

Last edited:
Dead juli cat don't know why the other is fine waters good and I a climates them by adding a lil at a time of new tank water to the bowl I put them in before adding to large tank
I replaced dead one with a slightly bigger one

The pretty pale double tail didn't make it - never did eat, didn't even look at the food pellets, kinda glance in the direction of the brine shrimp, I even held it on a spoon in front of him. :(

Moved my small Mystery blue snail out of the tank with the rouge Assassin snail, probably move the bigger one too. Tomorrow. I couldn't reach it with the net tonight.

The pretty pale double tail didn't make it - never did eat, didn't even look at the food pellets, kinda glance in the direction of the brine shrimp, I even held it on a spoon in front of him. :(

Moved my small Mystery blue snail out of the tank with the rouge Assassin snail, probably move the bigger one too. Tomorrow. I couldn't reach it with the net tonight.

Aww... :( thats soo sad poor thing

I noticed one of my male cichlids looking alil tore up from fighting keeping and eye on him .. considering trying to rehome one of them depending on how it goes .. they usually dont fight but the younger one is maturing so im sure thats the problem. Hoping things will calm down

Got a closer look at my cray.. shes not berried :( but is acting the same as she did when she was so mayb soon ...

Aww... :( thats soo sad poor thing

I noticed one of my male cichlids looking alil tore up from fighting keeping and eye on him .. considering trying to rehome one of them depending on how it goes .. they usually dont fight but the younger one is maturing so im sure thats the problem. Hoping things will calm down

Got a closer look at my cray.. shes not berried :( but is acting the same as she did when she was so mayb soon ...

Sorry to hear she isn't berried. Yes probably soon from all the activity going on in that tank. ;)

I returned the dead Betta. The pretty Elephant Ear was gone, they had just received a shipment of Bettas and the EE were DOA. Few Half Moons not any which were THE one so I skipped an exchange.

Added more Cuttlebones to the other tanks with out it as I can see some acidic damage on some of the shells of the snails. 6.4 pH right now.

image-3396598815.jpg I was given free decor so I cleaned it an redox orated my 29 after fixing up the twenty ... After sand settles will add feeder guppy males an guppy fry to 20 gal the last photo is 20 gal . I traded in two tens for it. I just added the bubbler

Attachments

• image-2768523503.jpg
    image-2768523503.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 75
You ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong and you're just worn out and beat down and you come home and look at your tank and your entire mood changes. Something about those fish swimming along, happy as can be, going about there business just makes everything else slow down for a while. There is something quite therapeutic about it really. Thats why I love this hobby, in the middle of this busy world, you have a little glass box of peace and tranquility right in front of your face.

You guys are lucky, I just got off of work. No fish for me tonight, staying at the bf's sisters. =(

Is it sad that I love my fish more. Lol

I was however able to feed my fishes brine shrimp I harvested today. And I treated my betta male with bettafix.

Put male guppies in 20 gal dropped one on floor couldn't find it the did maybe 5 or more mi later still alive put in tank and seems okay.... Got 2 apple snails one black one blue for in 20 gal wit ivory one am hoping to breed them .... Is this breeding ?

image-3745744894.jpg

Back
Top Bottom