Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #2331
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Thanks, it looks better with the sand lol i was only going to have half and half but the sand wind! So how would you change it? Here's a pic its still a bit cloudy

Attachment 155952

Attachment 155953

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #2332
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)
Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back

Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #2333
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back
What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(
Old 02-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #2334
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post

What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(
My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #2335
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Sorry you had to take the babies back.

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2336
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck
Good on you. Shame tho :-/
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2337
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Sorry you had to take the babies back.

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.
Thank you for your help
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #2338

Added 3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix that I ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1961901069.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	155979  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #2339
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post
Added 3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix that I ordered.
Beautiful looking fish
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #2340
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just cleaned out my 2 AC110's and did a small water change out of pure boredom.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com