What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jar cleaning day! Haha, it never ends, but I love watching my little betta babies grow. Hopefully this week I will tackle the spawning tank and get a pair conditioned.

I got some 1/2 price plants at Petco today and snagged a pair of CAEs for $1.59 each to eat algae in our grow out tank. They are drip acclimating now.

I also started setting up our new JBJ 8G AIO that will house our new endlers.

★ They are tiny, like brine shrimp babies. I noticed it had a tail, and is oval shaped and white. But hops around so fast I have to stare at my tank to find them. They like hopping on my tank glass.

Hey Krissycakes, do they look like this: 10 gallon fish tank with scuds - YouTube

If yes, they are Gammarus, or scuds. Fish will eat them otherwise they are not a welcome species in most tanks.

Did regular maintence on the tanks.. found my female cray is finally berried again ... i actually saw eggs this time not just going by actions. Lol

My poor fish didnt survive shipping to his new home :( I refunded the girl her money just seemed right..

My tank is actually back to normal without this fish so i think the other young male will be ok as long as he leaves thd older male alone.

Just love how my fish move my powerhead how they want it.. i find i keep watching them swim in the current more then watching my tv.. and i notice every move my snails make or the shrimp gliding along the water..lol the hubby gets soo annoyed with me ..

Yesterday I bought more female (tried to get all females) neon tetras to add to my school of 7. Put them in the QT tank, this morning, one of them had died and my female guppies harassed one of the (should have been females) male neon tetra and bit his tail fin off!

Returned dead tetra and poor fin tetra to the pet store and exchanged them for two females. The females are doing well so far=)

Did water changes on planted 10g and CT!
Ramshorn snails are going crazy! I got mixtures now.

Today is going to be a busy day...
Stopped at walmart for a few things after work, and I walked down the fish aisle not for fish, but for a nice plastic mat to contain the mess the kittens make with their food. The cat dishes are on the same aisle as the fish. So I decide to glance through the bettas, fully planning to maybe get a female but no males as I already have plenty and I have no more small tanks. So I find a female, put her in my cart, and then I notice that someone has put two males in a cup to fight. I look for the empty cup that one of them had to come out of, and it is nowhere to be found. I check the little cubicle of supplies by the tanks for a spare cup, and there are none to be found. And of course no one is working in the department at this time. So I decide they are coming home with me, buy a little critter keeper type tank (which turned out to be cracked once I got it home and took a good look at it) and a bottle of spring water, and separated them once I got to the car.

When I got home, I put the female betta I have had in qt for about a month in the sorority tank and put the new female into qt, and got the male out of the cup and into one of the bottles I use for jarring males. Temporary, but it will do until I can get a divider into my new 10 gallon tank.

And to top it all off, something is wrong with one of my bn plecos in my sorority tank, so in a little while I am doing a big water change and pulling her into a hospital tank. Looks like a bunch of skin is just missing from the top of her head. I will post pictures and start a sick fish thread soon, because I have no idea what it could be.

Well tested water In 29 after guppy female had for 3 weeks isn't doing well clamped fins on top and bottom but side and back are fine ... Closer look at her floating in cup since I have no qt tank she looks like is turning into a he .... And is about inch or lol more in length .. Everyone else in tank is fine including dwarf gourami snails and cory cats guppy fry.... Checked 20 gal and it looks good

Life finally calmed down and now I can finally give the aquariums the attention they deserve. All my plants in my 70 had to be majorly trimmed and I did a 70% pwc. (While my son was ill in hospital. I lost 2 GBRs and one of the Bolivian rams). I also did a large pwc on my daughters 20 long surprisingly there were no loses I her tank. I guess her stock is quite hardy.

Today is going to be a busy day... Stopped at walmart for a few things after work, and I walked down the fish aisle not for fish, but for a nice plastic mat to contain the mess the kittens make with their food. The cat dishes are on the same aisle as the fish. So I decide to glance through the bettas, fully planning to maybe get a female but no males as I already have plenty and I have no more small tanks. So I find a female, put her in my cart, and then I notice that someone has put two males in a cup to fight. I look for the empty cup that one of them had to come out of, and it is nowhere to be found. I check the little cubicle of supplies by the tanks for a spare cup, and there are none to be found. And of course no one is working in the department at this time. So I decide they are coming home with me, buy a little critter keeper type tank (which turned out to be cracked once I got it home and took a good look at it) and a bottle of spring water, and separated them once I got to the car. When I got home, I put the female betta I have had in qt for about a month in the sorority tank and put the new female into qt, and got the male out of the cup and into one of the bottles I use for jarring males. Temporary, but it will do until I can get a divider into my new 10 gallon tank. And to top it all off, something is wrong with one of my bn plecos in my sorority tank, so in a little while I am doing a big water change and pulling her into a hospital tank. Looks like a bunch of skin is just missing from the top of her head. I will post pictures and start a sick fish thread soon, because I have no idea what it could be.
Oh gee! Sounds like a bad day to me. At least you saved the bettas. I don't understand why people are so cruel to the poor creatures. Some people just don't have a heart. Luckily people like you are there to save the day! :D I hope you can figure out what's wrong with your pleco!

My versa top came on the mail today. It was a lot harder than I thought to cut the back vinyl and I ended up doing a crappy job. I'm mad at myself now. :(

My versa top came on the mail today. It was a lot harder than I thought to cut the back vinyl and I ended up doing a crappy job. I'm mad at myself now. :(

My top looks crappy in back from trying to cut the vinyl on mine as well

Indeed... I think my female guppy tht isn't doin well won't make it through night I only have had her 3 weeks

It's tough, isn't it?

Depends on the brand. i had one from MarineLand and it was easy to cut (with regular scissors). The one from Aqueon was tough; I needed to use tin snips and it still was not easy. Sometimes dipping it in hot water helps.

Well saw a female looked like her a lil but with black spot on top fin so got her an another dwarf gourami.. Hope it gets alon with sunset or I will move sunset to 20 gal and have the new in 29 g I'm quarentinug in 2g bucket with heater and air so will do WC frequently

image-79520159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom