What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to set up a 5g nano reef! Gonna use fluval spec V with 20lbs of dry rock, 20lbs of live sand and gonna move some zoanthids and polyps over from the 37g. The tank was on sale so why not!

Got a flame dwarf gourami to put with my regular dwarf gourami watching them now seems they are trying to establish who gets wht spot ... Here's hoping it works out... So far they seem to be staying each to one side of tank now after I intervened with my hand to separate and coax the to different sides ( nervous) plus kinda overfed yesterday and tanks a bit cloudy ... It's a 20 gal.

image-4226749372.jpg

29 gal tank looks good

Painted the back of my tank and am refilling as we speak.

Found some wood in my friends backyard, but I don't know if I can put in one of my tanks or not.

Added some tums ... To both tanks 1/2 to 20g and 1 1/2 to 29 g Had freek accident when cleaning intake tube a snail got sucked on and broke tip of its shell near its head ( scared) hope he makes it . Just saw him come out and move... Will he be ok?

Began my planted jar. The water is really cloudy right now, but other than that things are looking good. I'll head to the store tomorrow to pick up some plants to fill everything in!

Attachments

• image-955524455.jpg
    image-955524455.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 74
Began my planted jar. The water is really cloudy right now, but other than that things are looking good. I'll head to the store tomorrow to pick up some plants to fill everything in!

Yay! for planted containers!!! My 3G jar just went to RIP due to a crack. Have one 2G bowl left. Now looking for the NEXT big container to make something fun in!

As for what was done in tank world...so much!!!

Got a bagful of baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos today from a local AA member, and three big Bolbitis Fern, sooooo amazing!!! And a couple handfuls of Leopard Vals. Along with a couple ounces of Ken's growth food for the baby BN.

Shared some Christmas Moss and 7 Fire Red Shrimp and some Pogostemon Helferi/Downoi.

There are tiny little Albino BN in all the tanks now except the 72G (where the inhabitants would slurp them up for snacks. I have a couple for my previous neighbor, and some for my mom's new tank as well. Thank you, you know who you are!

OOOOOh so excited! whoot whoot!

Cleaned some dead leaves on the 5G Chi tank, and moved a Ozelot Sword which wasn't getting enough light.

Cleaned out my skimmer and dosed some stress coat to the 20g to help the fish recover from scratching against substrate/decor from ich. They all look better and everyones eating fine. Think i am gonna build a refugium for the 37g.

PWC on on my planted tank. Also stuck toothpicks into some newly planted Staurogyne repens to keep it from becoming unrooted.

Goong out to buy 20lbs of live sand for the 37g, it only has 20lbs inside. Starting and HOB refugium useing a aquaclear 20, anyone have experience with HOB fuges?

Thank you!=) As of right now I have
2 anubias
3 java fern clippings
a small bunch of anacharis
Java moss on the DW
small culture of microsword
and mondo grass.

Is it cycling? Or just a planted tank? You could make it a shrimp tank, maybe RCS or amanos? Do you use Co2 and what is your lighting? Trying to get my 20g planted and wish it could look like yours lol. I use 17W 7500k T8s and all i have plant wise is 1 anubias nana. Made a DIY Co2 system but isnt in use ATM.

Back
Top Bottom