Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #2411
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Im loving it! I think it looks really good.

Yes, you can add more sand tomorrow.
Thank you! I, ll add more tomorrow and more plants

Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #2412
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 50% change on the guppy tank and started preparing everything to ship them tomorrow.
Pulled quite a few plants to ship out today.
Did a big trim and moved trimmings into the fry tank
Pulled and culled one of my favorite betta fry, had a ton of trouble swimming to get air...not sure what was going on with that but it was going in all weekend sadly
Did w/c's on all the QT's and 26g

Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #2413
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Changed my elephant nose tank to sand need to arrange it not happy with the set up at the moment. Here's a before and after picture

Attachment 156918

Attachment 156920

It's a bit cloudy at the moment, going to take some more water out later and do the same tomorrow. I feel I need more sand on the right it isn't as deep is it ok to go ahead and add it tomorrow? Thanks
You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #2414
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.
You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #2415
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks
You can leave it until such time as the gravel pops out or you have to pull it out for cleaning. It is easy to sift with a fish net with the woven open spaces in them, the sand fall right through. I used that technique to see how many MTS were under the spot where I feed my shrimp. Less than I thought there would be!

Have a problem with my Edge 6.6 tank.

The water is foaming. Although I washed my hands and my arms before
doing the scape change and sand rinsing, there must have been some lotion residue. Now the water is creating foam. This could explain why the water isn't crystal clear.

At first I thought it was from the Stress-Coat. But this isn't like that, that is more bubbly but goes away after a day or two.

The foam is sort of dense like on a non fat latte, and sort of holds its shape.

I will be doing a 75% pwc now to see if that helps and then probably another tomorrow after work, and maybe another after that if it doesn't stop.

This is the tank the Orange Eye Blue Tigers are supposed to go into. The fish are all active and not breathing heavy and eating fine. The lotion was a natural lotion, so hopefully not toxic, I am just petrified it could have.or be killing the BB, anybody have any ideas, other than pwc's? Think I will copy this and post in FW general discussion!

I have to go to work in a little while!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #2416
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I've just laid here watching my big tank. I need to do water changes all around but I've been incredibly sick for a week and I just don't have the energy. But man, just watching the fish swim around makes me feel a little bit better
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #2417

Im not going to work to more n im getting my tank finally.. found a lfs nearby that does a buy 2 fish get 1 free every week on thursday im gonna check out tomorrow cant wait .. i topped of my tanks , fed them, n almost ditched a fish that wasnt dead.. one of the otos i bought was hanging sideways in a plant looked like it was dead n jist stuck there so i called the hubby to come look as he grabbed the net n brought it an inch from the fish then the lil oto moved .. lucky lil oto ..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #2418
Aquarium Advice Freak

Dosed with a new fertilizer and Debating a excel dose or not. Ahh I just watch the fish and dose tomorrow after work. And waiting til my ugly Juvie Aussie Rainbows get their colors
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #2419
Elephant nose Finatic!

Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #2420
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now
Ah, just give it time. He'll get used to it.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com