What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He ate the hermies? Nuuuu! How did he get them out of the shells?

Hes a crazy little guy. He has a giant beak that he used to crack the mantle of one and then he just ripped the other out. The half eaten bodys just laid there inbetween live rock for a couple hours until someone or somthing ate them, must have been a crab or the puffer finishing his meal lol. My new blue tuxedo urchin found the cracked shell and is wearing it around the tank! They sure are stylish!

Hes a crazy little guy. He has a giant beak that he used to crack the mantle of one and then he just ripped the other out. The half eaten bodys just laid there inbetween live rock for a couple hours until someone or somthing ate them, must have been a crab or the puffer finishing his meal lol. My new blue tuxedo urchin found the cracked shell and is wearing it around the tank! They sure are stylish!

Wow lol

Yeah urchins are funny! One time i had my peppermint shrimp die of unknown causes and he got stuck in the skimmer intake. We found out and unplugged it and as soon as we did the shrimp shot out into the puffers mouth. He chewed on it a little and then let it float to the botttom of the tank where the snowball urchin picked it up and set it on his back. When i tried to get it off of him he put up a good fight but eventually he decided to give it up. I love urchins... :)

Boyfriend dumped me last night...

Finally got the motivation to get out of bed around noon, fed the fish, and I'm cleaning their tank later today.

Re homed all my kuhli loach today :( my elephant nose really doesn't like company so it's just him now and he's loving it!

ForumRunner_20131020_231301.jpg

ForumRunner_20131020_231446.jpg

Excuse the plants I'd just dropped them in :)

That dwarf puffer i got has ripped my fish to threads! Got home and found my rams and neons tails half missing and ragged. Hope they can survive until tommarow

Re homed all my kuhli loach today :( my elephant nose really doesn't like company so it's just him now and he's loving it!

View attachment 203331

View attachment 203332

Excuse the plants I'd just dropped them in :)

That guy has given you the run around!!! Again and again and again.

Well...

Trip was delayed another couple days.

Oh and just to remember when you clean out your canister filter (like a very big FX-5) make sure to check behind the door for your lid gasket, or when you screw down the locks, the water will squirt out by the gallon onto the floor, drown your air pump and make an extremely HUGE mess.

Also you might as well clean out the impeller and motor too or you will need to unhook everything for a 3rd time to get it running again. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I cleaned the heck out of the thing with treated water and rearranged the media. Yikes was it murky in there!

The tank is a mess because of a cloudy filter blurp and just need that FX-5 to do its thing!!!

Picked up some Siamese Algae Eaters on sale for 1.49 each

I really miss my twin ones I had before. There were only 2 left so I now have twins again, I hope they continue to be pals when they grow up like my other ones.

My Betta seems to be moving around the tank more and tried to eat a pellet of food. Hope he is healing!

That guy has given you the run around!!! Again and again and again.

Well...

Trip was delayed another couple days.

Oh and just to remember when you clean out your canister filter (like a very big FX-5) make sure to check behind the door for your lid gasket, or when you screw down the locks, the water will squirt out by the gallon onto the floor, drown your air pump and make an extremely HUGE mess.

Also you might as well clean out the impeller and motor too or you will need to unhook everything for a 3rd time to get it running again. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I cleaned the heck out of the thing with treated water and rearranged the media. Yikes was it murky in there!

The tank is a mess because of a cloudy filter blurp and just need that FX-5 to do its thing!!!

Picked up some Siamese Algae Eaters on sale for 1.49 each

I really miss my twin ones I had before. There were only 2 left so I now have twin again, I hope they continue to be pals when they grow up like my other ones.

My Betta seems to be moving around the tank more and tried to eat a pellet of food. Hope he is healing!

Tell me about it! He's even started to roll all my snail's to the corner of the tank when he gets fed talk about grumpy!
Just noticed through the thread that you lost your shark, so sorry to hear this :( I know how much she meant to you.
It's nice to hear you've bought yourself some more Siamese algae eater's i hope they keep well for you :)

After weeks of water troubles with my mom's 10 gallon, I finally bit the big one and took the whole thing down and started over. Bought an aquaclear 20, a really nice piece of driftwood, and planted some rotala clippings from my tank. More plants are coming soon, but my lfs is closed on Mondays. Here's to hoping this round goes well.

Attachments

• image-3000769709.jpg
    image-3000769709.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 139
Thanks! My lfs always has some really good pieces. The picture doesn't even do justice to the amount of cracks and caves and crevices in this piece. Tons of character.

water changes and cleaning all tanks prepping for a delivery tomorrow some coral and plant macro's also replenishment of feeder shrimp and a yellow watchman goby also hermits
also starting a new maintenance log after 2 years the book is full lol

New plants in the mail today! Planted my willow hygro, lemon bacopa, and amazon sword. I have a 55 g tall, wish I had longer arms or a shorter sand to reach to the bottom without straining myself :) looks pretty though :)

new plants in the mail today! Planted my willow hygro, lemon bacopa, and amazon sword. I have a 55 g tall, wish i had longer arms or a shorter sand to reach to the bottom without straining myself :) looks pretty though :)

What no pictures !!!:D

Traded the devalish dwarf puffer for a small bunch of anacharis. The guy at the lfs is always giving me this crap about he doesnt knos they are gonna live so i cant get credit or have a trade, but this time i guess he was in a good mood

After weeks of water troubles with my mom's 10 gallon, I finally bit the big one and took the whole thing down and started over. Bought an aquaclear 20, a really nice piece of driftwood, and planted some rotala clippings from my tank. More plants are coming soon, but my lfs is closed on Mondays. Here's to hoping this round goes well.

You scored on that wood! Nice tank aswell, what are you gonna stock it with?

Keeping a eye on my female cray today... saturday night my male pulled one of her claws completely off so she is alil at a disadvantage until it regrows.. poor thing tries to climb up on the plants and falls upside down i watched her struggle a few minutes not wanting to baby her in case it happens while im gone but i couldnt stand it so i helped..

Got a amazon sword and some mystery snails that will be shipped out tomorrow.. so excited cant wait...

My mom finally got on board abd she wants a salt water tank so i have been researching it and showing her the different fish to see what she wants.. and of course shes like me and it either will not go with the other fish or needs a bigger or species only tank :/ gonna take sometime to figure out but once i get her figured out itll be all good.. practice on hers and then ill get me one ;)

Back
Top Bottom