Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #2461
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Worked then came home to my hubby moving a piece of our sectional out of the house.. he decided i should keep 3 tabks in the living room (my idea he orginally shot down until today) then he says we r gettin my 125g n the house today ::dance dance:: so ill have a 20g h with a nlue crayfish soon , 55g with tons of cories n ottos n my gourami , then my 125g african.. oh life can be sweet sometimes.. lol im super excited ... glad he changed his mind
Awesome! My boyfriend loves the idea of more tanks in the house, we just don't have any room for them. Unless we like, threw out the couch. We kinda need a place to sit down.

I was able to put in about four of the pieces of driftwood I started soaking last night. It's a start! Only like 15-18 more pieces to go... I'm hoping they all get nice and waterlogged so I don't have to wait for them to dry back out to get them siliconed to some slate. Not even going to bother getting it all placed til more of them sink, though. So for now they are just kind of dropped in haphazardly. Probably tomorrow when I do a water change I will try to start messing with the scape. It's a deep tank, so it's a lot easier to mess with stuff when the water level is down. Otherwise I'm soaked to my shoulders.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #2462
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
Awesome! My boyfriend loves the idea of more tanks in the house, we just don't have any room for them. Unless we like, threw out the couch. We kinda need a place to sit down.

I was able to put in about four of the pieces of driftwood I started soaking last night. It's a start! Only like 15-18 more pieces to go... I'm hoping they all get nice and waterlogged so I don't have to wait for them to dry back out to get them siliconed to some slate. Not even going to bother getting it all placed til more of them sink, though. So for now they are just kind of dropped in haphazardly. Probably tomorrow when I do a water change I will try to start messing with the scape. It's a deep tank, so it's a lot easier to mess with stuff when the water level is down. Otherwise I'm soaked to my shoulders.
Pics, Pics, Pics!

You can use a stainless steel screw, if you can get a hole drilled into the slate, no waiting. Tape over where you are going to drill the hole a couple pieces on each side with duct or painters tape, drill through with appropriate variety & size bit. No drying time!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #2463
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a 32 gallon heavy duty trash can and a 200 watt tetra heater and used a old needle wheel pump and made me a saltwater mixing barrel

That's 27 gallons mixing only issue is I can't get the heater to stay where I need it, grrrr
Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #2464
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Pics, Pics, Pics!

You can use a stainless steel screw, if you can get a hole drilled into the slate, no waiting. Tape over where you are going to drill the hole a couple pieces on each side with duct or painters tape, drill through with appropriate variety & size bit. No drying time!
I've thought about it but I don't think my drill could handle it. It's an electric screwdriver that can be used as a drill. Nearly shorted it out using a cutting bit to saw plywood to help a friend make a shield.
Also, you should have seen the look on my boyfriend's face when I put a big pot full of wood on the stove last night. I've been sick for a week, and I think he thought the cold meds were going to my head until I explained myself.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #2465

Quote:

I've thought about it but I don't think my drill could handle it. It's an electric screwdriver that can be used as a drill. Nearly shorted it out using a cutting bit to saw plywood to help a friend make a shield.
Also, you should have seen the look on my boyfriend's face when I put a big pot full of wood on the stove last night. I've been sick for a week, and I think he thought the cold meds were going to my head until I explained myself.
I have a good drill and masonry bit if you want I can drill it for you. I just used it a few weeks ago to get this beast the stay down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-11190636.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	157482  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #2466
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post

I have a good drill and masonry bit if you want I can drill it for you. I just used it a few weeks ago to get this beast the stay down.
Wow, that is a gorgeous piece of wood! Where did you get it?

And thanks, ill let you know if I get some pieces that just won't sink. Although now that I think about it, most of them are pretty small so silicone may really be the better option. Although all the drying time will suck.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #2467

Quote:

And thanks, ill let you know if I get some pieces that just won't sink. Although now that I think about it, most of them are pretty small so silicone may really be the better option. Although all the drying time will suck.
I got the wood out of the ponchatoula creek that runs behind my house. It weighs like 60lbs.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #2468
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well today I fed my fish as usual then I whent to purchase a new hood for my tank. Which has LEDs and now makes the tank super bright.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #2469
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

Slow roasting in the oven on low, like making beef jerky might speed it up!

Hope you are feeling better! He may not ever let you back in the kitchen, lol

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #2470
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Slow roasting in the oven on low, like making beef jerky might speed it up!

Hope you are feeling better! He may not ever let you back in the kitchen, lol
Good idea on the roasting! I think I'm going to be in luck, though. Four more pieces have sunk since this afternoon! Well, one is mostly sunk and is standing on end in the tank. Looks pretty awesome, actually. I'm going to have fun playing with the scape tomorrow. And with the way I cook, there's no way he would ban me from the kitchen!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-242813986.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	157505

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com