What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keeping a eye on my female cray today... saturday night my male pulled one of her claws completely off so she is alil at a disadvantage until it regrows.. poor thing tries to climb up on the plants and falls upside down i watched her struggle a few minutes not wanting to baby her in case it happens while im gone but i couldnt stand it so i helped.. Got a amazon sword and some mystery snails that will be shipped out tomorrow.. so excited cant wait... My mom finally got on board abd she wants a salt water tank so i have been researching it and showing her the different fish to see what she wants.. and of course shes like me and it either will not go with the other fish or needs a bigger or species only tank :/ gonna take sometime to figure out but once i get her figured out itll be all good.. practice on hers and then ill get me one ;)
Every man has a breaking point .... Apparently it also applies to crustacean....

Tell me about it! He's even started to roll all my snail's to the corner of the tank when he gets fed talk about grumpy!
Just noticed through the thread that you lost your shark, so sorry to hear this :( I know how much she meant to you.
It's nice to hear you've bought yourself some more Siamese algae eater's i hope they keep well for you :)

Thank you about the RTS. I read that it is a common age for them to live to, I hope it was old age.

The two new SAE are so fun to watch. They are still young, but are very similar in behavior to the original twins. I missed them so much! I am glad I got the new ones, I may get a new RTS too. Off on my trip tomorrow or the next day.

Thank you about the RTS. I read that it is a common age for them to live to, I hope it was old age.

The two new SAE are so fun to watch. They are still young, but are very similar in behavior to the original twins. I missed them so much! I am glad I got the new ones, I may get a new RTS too. Off on my trip tomorrow or the next day.

Have a lovely time and take care Lesley

Yeah urchins are funny! One time i had my peppermint shrimp die of unknown causes and he got stuck in the skimmer intake. We found out and unplugged it and as soon as we did the shrimp shot out into the puffers mouth. He chewed on it a little and then let it float to the botttom of the tank where the snowball urchin picked it up and set it on his back. When i tried to get it off of him he put up a good fight but eventually he decided to give it up. I love urchins... :)

Ah, made me laff. :3

Planted moms 10 gallon today. Pardon the mess, It was planted no more than 20 minutes ago.

Attachments

• image-493537413.jpg
    image-493537413.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 73
50% WC on 29ga and 20gal after medicating with API liquid super Ich cure .... 20 gal I put carbon in cuz it looks ich free but in 29 gal I have one guppy with a spec or two of ich on it ... I may remedicate the 29 gal

Today...

Nothing special going, but large water changes and did a little maintenance on the emersed land plants in the tank. I change lots of tank water every week and emersed the Chinese Evergreen in the tank water. The old water coming out of the tank is nearly the same color as the new water going in. The plants keep the water almost pure, it's pretty amazing.

By maintaining pure water conditions, my Livebearers stay healthy and live a fairly long time. The Corydoras are the real longlivers, though. The Albinos are 3 years old and the Emeralds and Bronzes are all about 6. By following an aggressive water change routine, you never have to fret over water chemistry problems, which is likely the reason for most if not all tank problems. Dissolved fish wastes never have time to foul the tank water before you remove them and the Evergreens keep the nitrates in check.

B

Today... Nothing special going, but large water changes and did a little maintenance on the emersed land plants in the tank. I change lots of tank water every week and emersed the Chinese Evergreen in the tank water. The old water coming out of the tank is nearly the same color as the new water going in. The plants keep the water almost pure, it's pretty amazing. By maintaining pure water conditions, my Livebearers stay healthy and live a fairly long time. The Corydoras are the real longlivers, though. The Albinos are 3 years old and the Emeralds and Bronzes are all about 6. By following an aggressive water change routine, you never have to fret over water chemistry problems, which is likely the reason for most if not all tank problems. Dissolved fish wastes never have time to foul the tank water before you remove them and the Evergreens keep the nitrates in check. B
Let's see some pics of you tank! :)

Well after a recheck it looks like the ich is all gone but I'm not so sure cuz there was still 2 spots on one fish after ich med treatment was done should I wait or get more meds ... Don't want to use salt because I have cory catfish

Hey Brill...

Would love to. However, I've maxed out the pic allotment on this site. But, if you want to PM me, with your e-mail address, I'll take some and send them to you.

B

Came home to my favorite male guppy dead his bk fin frayed ... He wasn't swimming much to begin with only had him about a week :( bagh I'm done with Petsmart I'm lucky if half what I get there lived guess I will be driving half our or more if I want more Fish.....

Came home to my favorite male guppy dead his bk fin frayed ... He wasn't swimming much to begin with only had him about a week :( bagh I'm done with Petsmart I'm lucky if half what I get there lived guess I will be driving half our or more if I want more Fish.....

Just stared at my tanks today.

I haven't bought fish in a year. For real. Yes, I've purchased shrimp and snails this year but no fish. Last time I bought fish I also brought home Ich. Promised not to buy anymore until I did QT first. Still have the ones I got last October and most of the ones I bought 3-4 years ago. Happy with the ones I got and don't like to overstock. Been concentrating on plants and shrimp.

Picked up a FREE brand new 75g tank with light for FREE! Gotta love workin at petsmart!

Lucky! I get 20% discount. I can't complain. It's better than full price. Nice score!!!

★As for topic, I had to put my betta in a 5g bucket temporarily so I can rehome her. And because I needed her bowl for growing plants=(

Set up my other new fluval filter system couldn't figure out why it would not work... Added 2 gal to tank and it works now ... Lol my room is much quiter now kinda weird tough it's not complelty silent like the other new fluval ...

Back
Top Bottom