What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a water change last night bc i know i have been slacking and it was a hassel since all my primer is at moms except one of those 7 drop per gallon ones i keep for 1-3g changes or top offs and i changed 25g exactly... well i did it anyway and my cichlids seem happier.. ;) i also change polyfil on one filter .. then today i did a small change on the 20g and removed some dying plant parts my snails were not really happy but i feed them and the shrimp to distract them from me removing there goodies...lol one leaf was covered in snails so bad it was weighed down to the sand :/ my cray needs to start munching or moms puffer will be a fat happy boy soon

water change on my 29 reef and rubbing off some diatoms. anyone have advice on fragging a GSP?

You can either lay small pieces of rock next to it and let it grow into it and then just cut it off, or just cut off a small piece and use mesh to hold it onto rock/plug until it adheres. Both work fine

awesome, i read it was that easy, but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to be building a structure, out of crushed coral and cement, to put the GSP on to keep it from spreading so bad.
img_2710790_0_b64d99a1e7bdae4e7d9fcdbeab3625fd.jpg

i read that if you do this, you can just slice off whatever starts growing on the sand bed and keep it from spreading. the gsp i got was on a "broken rock frag" so it isn't glued to anything and i can just peel it off

awesome, i read it was that easy, but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to be building a structure, out of crushed coral and cement, to put the GSP on to keep it from spreading so bad. i read that if you do this, you can just slice off whatever starts growing on the sand bed and keep it from spreading. the gsp i got was on a "broken rock frag" so it isn't glued to anything and i can just peel it off
Great idea. That's what mine is kind of like. IMO GSP is a pretty coral if you keep it on it's own island. One of my favorite softies actually!

20g crashed... 3 neons dead. 2 still with pop eye and fin rot. GBRs are laying on the sand with pop eye, fungal infections, and fin rot... Kuhli loaches still alive :( not sure what happend over night, expecting to loose the GBRs later today, did a 25% wc.

Last edited:
My kribs' eggs were due to hatch some time yesterday or overnight. And I woke this morning and couldn't see any eggs but they were still guarding their cave. Maybe I have babies! I didn't get to look real hard for them because I had to go to class. But here's to hopeful thinking!

Well female GBR just got sucked into the filter intake, constantly turning it off so that they dont get trapped. She is still alive but just barley... She is sitting on the bottom on her side, stareing up at the surface... Probably gonna shut down the tank if the GBRs die... They are my favorite fish. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom